Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: New traffic laws  (Read 4054 times)

Offline SchalkL

Re: New traffic laws
« Reply #20 on: November 20, 2015, 01:02:42 pm »
:imaposer: :laughing4: :imaposer: Quite funny, try and enforce this in the farming community will make a good Leon Schuster movie.

A cop stopped me once with 20 people on the back and told me told me that they must get off. I politely told him to decide which ones must get off and walk the 20km home. It took about 10sec for the workers to threaten him with burning his fancy cop car.
He left quietly without saying a thing.......

Bliksem.
20 people on the back of a bakkie and you making jokes about it?
That would be fairly overloaded weight wise.

Was waiting for someone to try and snap at this.... >:D
I will excuse your ignorance about what it is to farm and work with between 30-150 people a day that you must transport. Come and stay 1 week with me and and then give me your enlightened opinion.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2015, 12:25:05 pm by SchalkL »
Life is what happens to you while you are busy making other plans

Offline Kykdaar

• Grey hound
  • Bike: Zundapp (all models)
« Reply #21 on: November 20, 2015, 01:14:58 pm »
I heard that nr's 1, 4 and 5 have been dropped for the shit ideas that they are.

A chom was recently driving down to Durban with 5 adults and a toddler in his family sedan and got fined for overloading  :bueller:

Offline Grrrr....

• ...eats seeds as a pastime activity.
  • Grey hound
  • Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
  • If you trim your tree beware the roots.
« Reply #22 on: November 20, 2015, 01:25:24 pm »
Dropping the speed limit is only there so they can get more revenue from speeding fines.

If they were serious about curbing the death on our roads they would simply start enforcing current laws and stop being just "koelte k.onte".
« Last Edit: November 20, 2015, 01:25:51 pm by Grrrr.... »

Offline Sláinte Mhaith

« Reply #23 on: November 20, 2015, 01:52:40 pm »
A chom was recently driving down to Durban with 5 adults and a toddler in his family sedan and got fined for overloading  :bueller:

How do you fit 5 adults and a toddler in a family sedan?
You have seating and seat belts for 5 max meaning the toddler most likely had to sit on someones lap?

Offline Kykdaar

• Grey hound
« Reply #24 on: November 20, 2015, 03:05:17 pm »

You have seating and seat belts for 5 max meaning the toddler most likely had to sit on someones lap?

Come now bru, don't tell me you never travelled with your family in this way when you were young? We were poor and that was the way we rolled sometimes. What was the oke to do, hire a minibus? 

Offline SchalkL

« Reply #25 on: November 20, 2015, 03:10:36 pm »
A chom was recently driving down to Durban with 5 adults and a toddler in his family sedan and got fined for overloading  :bueller:

Come now bru, don't tell me you never travelled with your family in this way when you were young? We were poor and that was the way we rolled sometimes. What was the oke to do, hire a minibus?  
+10
Some of us had to work for everything that we have and circumstances are not always easy !!
It easy for keyboard jokkies to throw opinions around without knowing the circumstances
« Last Edit: November 20, 2015, 03:11:01 pm by SchalkL »
Life is what happens to you while you are busy making other plans

Offline Tronix69

« Reply #26 on: November 20, 2015, 03:39:03 pm »
i would like to see just how much it is going to cost to replace all the speed signs around south africa. can imagine that kind of budget could be put to improving hospitals to save triple the amount of lives at least

Offline Kykdaar

• Grey hound
« Reply #27 on: November 20, 2015, 03:43:10 pm »
i would like to see just how much it is going to cost to replace all the speed signs around south africa. can imagine that kind of budget could be put to improving hospitals to save triple the amount of lives at least

That was apparently one of the main reasons why they shelved the idea - the cost of signage, not the improvement of hospitals >:D

Offline Sláinte Mhaith

« Reply #28 on: November 20, 2015, 03:44:55 pm »

Nee ek was 'n super rykgat. Het die tweede mercedes uit die garage gehaal as ons so moes travel.   ;) :biggrin: :biggrin:

Wonder maar net hoe jy 6 mense in 'n sedan Durban toe ry.  Kan nie baie gemaklik wees nie.

Die is hoe ons hom gedoen het toe ons jonk was:

Offline Kykdaar

• Grey hound
« Reply #29 on: November 20, 2015, 03:48:03 pm »
 ;D

Met so n smart cabby was julle ryk my ou.

Ons het in so n faktup Passat in-gesqueeze.

Moes my nek amper daarna in n stut sit om hom weer reguit te trek soos hy skuins teen die dak moes druk, terwyl my auntie amper n knie-vervanging moes kry.

Maar die padkos was lekker en ons het gereeld gestop.

Lekker dae gewees.

Offline Vintage_Mania

« Reply #30 on: November 20, 2015, 04:18:46 pm »
;D

Moes my nek amper daarna in n stut sit om hom weer reguit te trek soos hy skuins teen die dak moes druk, terwyl my auntie amper n knie-vervanging moes kry.

Lekker dae gewees.

Ek onthou daai dae. Stop langs die pad met gekookte eiers, stukke boerewors, tamatie en uie toebroodjies en 'n lekker koue coke.

Iets wat ek graag aan my kinders wou oordra, maar deesdae kan jy nie meer sommer net stop langs die pad nie dit is te gevaarlik. So ons probeer dit naboots maar ons moet maar gaan picnic by een van die groot garages, nie helemal dieselfde as onder 'n groot bloekomboom in die middel van nerens nie.

People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day. And doing nothing often leads to the very best kind of something.

Offline spoedvark

• Grey hound
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
« Reply #31 on: November 21, 2015, 11:33:22 am »
;D

Lekker dae gewees.

Ek onthou daai dae. Stop langs die pad met gekookte eiers, stukke boerewors, tamatie en uie toebroodjies en 'n lekker koue coke.

Iets wat ek graag aan my kinders wou oordra, maar deesdae kan jy nie meer sommer net stop langs die pad nie dit is te gevaarlik. So ons probeer dit naboots maar ons moet maar gaan picnic by een van die groot garages, nie helemal dieselfde as onder 'n groot bloekomboom in die middel van nerens nie.

Those were the days! Now we do it on our bikes in groups!

SPOED  :snorting:
Go Big!
or
Go Home!!!!
Previous bikes:
Yamaha XS 400 Special Kawasaki ZX 10 Yamaha XT 550 BMW 650 GS BMW 1200 GS KEEP THE RUBBER DUSTY!!!!

Offline roxenz

• rocks make sense
  • Grey hound
  • Bike: Yamaha Super Tenere
  • cheerful yesterdays and confident tomorrows
« Reply #32 on: November 23, 2015, 01:42:32 pm »
;D

Lekker dae gewees.

Ja, goeie ou dae!  Familie van 6, in Pa se Humber Super Snipe, met bediende, gepak vir 6 weke se vakansie in Stilbaai... Die dakrak was seker so meter hoog gelaai met beddegoed alleen! Hemelse tye...

Offline On The Move

• Pack Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
« Reply #33 on: November 24, 2015, 01:37:44 pm »
Ay I remember starting off on the back of a yellow Cortina 1600 bakkie with a bokseil to prevent you getting wet. Me and my boet on the back and my sisters in front with the folks. After some time my dad traded it in on a beautiful canary yellow Peugot 504 station wagon. What a life changer. But when he used to take us to hostel on a Monday morning in it he used to take 4 sheep in the back for the weekly slaghuis supply. Memories people don't believe when you tell them.