JD Tuner powerup kit installed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TK

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Husqvarna (all models)
A couple of months back old Straatkat (aka Hangkas) organised me one of those JD Tuner power up kits. So today I finish getting it installed and take the bike for a ride.
Bike started right up so that was one concern out the way. A bit of idling to get the motor warmed up and I take it round the yard twice. Was a little bit disappointed......you give it a bit of a blip and the response is a bit slow but then maybe the motor wasn't warmed up yet right.
So I take the bike out onto the road to see what it does in all the gears.................take it up to around 60kph and give it horns.
F%$K ME...............the bike goes like SCHDINK. Man I thought I was on a superbike. THE BEST MONEY SPENT ON THE BIKE YET.
Talk about a smile from ear to ear....didn't want to get off. WHAT A BLAST.

Then some time later (once I had come back down to earth) I gave this addition some thought. Is it just a 'once off' cost..............not a chance. My tires and brake disk budget has just gone for a ball and so has the petrol consumption. Nice problem to have.

With that I was contemplating changing my name on the forum. What do you  think about 'Skidmark'