SANWILD - What an experience

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
R

Red

Those of you who missed out, sorry for you!!  What an experience.

The Wilddogs (of the two wheel kind) was represented by Adventurer, Peaches and Cherry, Beemer Man, Frankie, Panne, Stephan and myself, Zerc and Mark Hardy (all the way from Empangeni) and EV (all the way from Cape Town).

We were the first to arrive in Leydsdorp.  Five minutes later a KTM with a CA registration number arrives and we meet Mark for the first time.

The bikesâ?¦..

DANIEMATRIEKAFSKEID032.jpg

Mark taking pics immediately after arriving.

DANIEMATRIEKAFSKEID033.jpg

First Peaches, EV and Cherry arrived by car and thereafter Adventurer, Beemer Man and Frankie arrived in a huge cloud of dust.  It was nice to meet EV, Beemer Man and Frankie for the first time.  Of course everyone got on like a house on fire after 5 minutes and the first beer, as expected.  ;D ;D

We kuiered so well, we did not take any pics that evening.  I am sure some nice ones will be added by the rest of the participants.

The next day some of the boys went to Letsitele to fetch the others.  They came back in a huge coud of dust as well with a single new arrival, Zerc.  I am sure Hannetjie is still dusting the Lodge. :)

DANIEMATRIEKAFSKEID102.jpg

Panne arrived solo from Pieterburg early the Saturday morning.

Here the dogs are getting ready to depart to Sanwild.  Leydsdorp is actually right next door to Sanwild, making the little trip out quite easy.

DANIEMATRIEKAFSKEID050.jpg

I am not a brand basher, so hereâ??s the pretty boysâ?¦.

DANIEMATRIEKAFSKEID106.jpg

Louise gave us a talk after providing a feast for famished Wilddogs.

DANIEMATRIEKAFSKEID103.jpg

Thereafter we went for a tour of the facilities.

Stephanâ??s new pet hippo all the way from a circus in France.

DANIEMATRIEKAFSKEID010.jpg

A big boy â?? saved from the canned hunting industry.

DANIEMATRIEKAFSKEID006.jpg

Now the goosebump stuff.

Zerc and Mark getting close.

DANIEMATRIEKAFSKEID030.jpg

DANIEMATRIEKAFSKEID044.jpg

The alpha female keeping a watchfull eye on the newcomers.

DANIEMATRIEKAFSKEID019.jpg

Om beter te kan hoor, my kind.

DANIEMATRIEKAFSKEID022.jpg

We went back to the main camp.  Adventurer as the only Mod handed over our Wilddog contribution.  Louise asked that we convey her appreciation to all the contributors.  They are planning to release our brethren into a new larger enclosure soon and will let us know if we would like to attend.