Offroad & Adv SA: The Ducati Multi vs the BMW S1000XR

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2-Stroke

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Britten (all models)
I don't always punt the mag here because it makes me feel a little cheap and creepy, but there are some interesting stories this month:

Harry Fisher (the one with the hair on The Bike Show) went from Joburg to PE and back on the BMW S1000XR and the Ducati Multistrada 1200S, and wrote a pretty thorough comparison between these two new kids on the 17" adventure Block.

There's all the newness from the EICMA Show in Italy. Simon was actually there, so saw it all first hand. We are the first print mag in the world to publish a story on EICMA.

Hein Eksteen's Belgian travel companion decided "enough" after their last adventure expedition, fed up with Hein's nonchalant African ways, yet for some reason was back again. Of course everything went wrong again, but perhaps he is warming up to the African Way now.

Michiel Van Dam is a Dutchman (the kind from the Netherlands, not Boksburg) and he took a rookie ride through Botswana. It's interesting to see things from European eyes. Here's an excerpt: "So Africa Ranch signalled the very welcome end of the day’s ride, but not today’s lessons to be learned. First thing is to keep away from the river banks – the mighty Limpopo is NOT your average European sweet water duck pond. There are crocs and hippos here, dude, things that bite and trample. And keep away from those branches, I told you so, now you know why this tree is called the wag-’n-bietjieboom."

And a man breaks 12 bones one his journey to the Dakar Rally.

Attachments

• 2015:12.jpg
    2015:12.jpg
    160 KB · Views: 228