R90S

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fastfish

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1150GS
I have a 1976 BMW R90S which I have posted in the for sale section.
This bike belonged to a mate of mine.
He blew up his Guzzi and bought this from Club Motors if I remember correctly.
Now this fellow was fairly fond of beverages that make you dof and irresponsible.
End result one Bmw with a blown bottom end.(and a Guzzi) Hello Shank's pony.
Now this mate like all of us went through tough times.Usually there was a woman or drink involved and sometimes both.
I was lucky my late wife was tall and well built and she moered a sh.t shot so I behaved myself.
This BM languished on a farm for 11 years and in this period I was offered and bought it 3 times.
Twice by the time I got the money together said mate had sorted out his strondt and changed his mind.
Third time I was ready and when he wiped the k.k out of his eyes it was on the trailer and he was counting money he no longer wanted.
The bike was stripped and the damage assessed by Ray Muller at Cytech. That guy knew his stuff. Never mind "Plus Vat" he knew BM's. The crank was rebuilt with new bearings mains and big ends and new rods fitted.
The pistons and barrels were good so only new rings required.
The heads if I remember correctly were also reconditioned. I cannot remember exactly what was done to them.
The wheels were rebuilt with new spokes and the hubs blasted.
The cases were also blasted.
It was resprayed by Custom Worx.
I have a new seat cover for it and bump stops for the front forks which will go with it.
Recently the silencers were replaced with stainless steel.
Shortly after completing the re assembly of the bike I started working as an expat and up to now this bike has been in storage since then.
Due to circumstances that are life as we live it .......... a whole lot of kak I have decided to sell off some of the bikes I have collected and the BM is one of them. It is with a heavy heart I will sell this bike because it was a project Margaret did and part of her is in it. So that is the story of this BM.