Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Biking Accessories - Vereeninging (Caution to bikers)  (Read 919 times)

Offline tifua

• Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
  • 2008 R1200GSA (Stolen)
Biking Accessories - Vereeninging (Caution to bikers)
« on: November 29, 2015, 05:50:40 pm »
Greetings WD

Just wanted to mention experience I had with Biking Accessories in Vereeniging. In April I decided to take my bike in to get new tires fitted. The ones I had were worn thin and the owners of the shop both ride R1200GSA so I felt bike would be in good hands. Took their advice on selection of tire and asked them to fit it.

Came back later in the afternoon and collected the bike and rode the 10 min home. Saw warning light on the dashboard so took it easy and parked bike. Would ask my brother to sort it as I had to catch plane back overseas for work. Should have dealt with it there and then but my own haste and fault.

Brother had a look and noticed the valve on rear was damaged. When taking off the cap the valve essentially came apart in his hands. The warning light was the tire pressure sensors. I came back to SA in July and took the bike to BMW in Boksburg to get checked. Both tire pressure sensors broken. R4k later I got my bike back and when I went to speak to the shop owner about this they obviously denied any responsibility, liability, knowledge of the damage etc. Long speech about all the precautions they take, how these valve sensors break if you look at them wrong, how they personally do the work and dont let the young guy working there do any of the work etc. Long story short, they said impossible for them to break it. I gave him copy of the report from BMW and gave them the number of the person that took my bike in at BMW so they could confirm. He asked to take one valve to send in for his own tests. He took the front on that didn't have physical damage on it as expected. I asked him to let my brother know as I have to leave SA for work again. That was July, brother has been there several times and not a word.

Nothing will come of it. Hard to prove it. Fact is bike went to them for new tires and when I got it back, both sensors were broken. Cant prove they did it and to try make legal thing of it will cost more than 4k I spent replacing the valves. None of my friends or family will use the shop again. Its about all I can do as a very dissatisfied customer.   
Love your life. Take pictures of everything. Tell people you love them. Talk to random strangers. Do things you're scared to do. So many of us die without remembering all the little moments. Take your life and make it the best story ever.

Offline corne.l

• Bike: NER-A-CAR
  • Say what?
Re: Biking Accessories - Vereeninging (Caution to bikers)
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2015, 11:00:55 am »
Sorry to hear you had a bad experiemce. I had just the opposite. They were the only and cheapest when I wanted to put new Heidi's on my S10.

Took in the bike the morning before KZN bash got it back 2 hrs later ... even washed it.
in vino veritas, in cervesio felicitas

Yamaha XT1200Z (2010) - SOLD
Yamaha XT660Z (2009) - SOLD
BMW F650GS Dakar (2004) - SOLD

Offline tifua

• 2008 R1200GSA (Stolen)
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2015, 08:12:02 am »
before this I had great service and only used them. Happens I guess and I am glad you got good service. For me, I would never use them again.
Love your life. Take pictures of everything. Tell people you love them. Talk to random strangers. Do things you're scared to do. So many of us die without remembering all the little moments. Take your life and make it the best story ever.

Offline Joggie/Jannie

• oomJog
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2015, 03:48:51 am »
Thanks for the warning. Will stay clear of them. I always warn the tire fitters as I know of the danger of breakage. This happens mostly if you inflate the tires from the wrong side.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Honda 550, Kawa Z750, Kawa ZX7, BMW F650GS, BMW F650GS Dakar, BMW F800GS, BMW R1200 ADV

Offline Hope

• HOPE is what you got left after every thing failed
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2015, 09:07:41 am »
Jammer om te hoor van jou skade.
Ek is van die Kaap, het niks in gemeen met die handelaar nie, ken hulle glad nie.

Ek wil net die volgende se. Ek het baie met kliente te doen in my eie besigheid. En dit is scary wat sommige kliente probeur doen. om die rede het ek kameras in my hele werkswinkel. En ek het al baie kliente uit gevang wat ons beskuldig van verskeie wandade. Wat dan skades is waarmee die voertuig by my aangekom het.

En hiemee probeur ek nie se dat jou geval nie 'n realiteit is nie. Ek se ons word ook meer as 50 % van die tyd vir 'n ride gevat.
Daar is wetgewing wat die verskaffer beskerm. ( first right to repair)

Indien n klient my van daardie reg ontneem sal hy ook nie veel met my uitrig nie.
Indien hy eerste na my toe kom met enige ontevredenheid sal ek agteroor buig om hom gelukkig te kry.

When the world says, "Give up", Hope whispers."Try it one more time".
It is nothing to fall, as long as you stand up one more time than you fall.
People that judge don't matter. People that matter don't judge.
I have not failed 1000 times, I found 1000 ways that wont work.
HOPE is what you've got left when nothing else is working out right.

Offline tifua

• 2008 R1200GSA (Stolen)
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2015, 04:20:35 pm »
first right to repair is a concept I understand well. When the error / problem with the sensor came up I took it to BMW. I have heard of these units failing now and then and at that stage I did not consider the cause as being anything other than battery or system failure. Took it to BMW to replace and when it was them they told me that the units were both damaged/dead and needed to be replaced. Bike was already with BMW and both sensors needed to be removed. I had it done and then went to discuss with the bike shop. As I said, I cant prove anything however factors influencing my decision are as follows:

- For both to be damaged / dead at the same time
- For both to be damaged / dead after having new tyres fitted at the same vendor, same day
- One failure, possible and I would write off to wear & tear and use. Both failing same time?
- I had hoped that the cost of one unit would be reimbursed however as the weeks rolled on, simple communication would have been appreciated. None was forthcoming and still isn't. Vendor has just left it and for me this adds insult to injury.

As a customer, in my personal capacity, I will never use them again regardless of the reason. I used to prefer to support smaller local shops even when prices were not the best. Now I drive the hour to Jhb to get anything done on my bike as do my friends and family within my sphere of influence.

Offline Hope

• HOPE is what you got left after every thing failed
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2015, 11:25:38 am »
first right to repair is a concept I understand well. When the error / problem with the sensor came up I took it to BMW. I have heard of these units failing now and then and at that stage I did not consider the cause as being anything other than battery or system failure. Took it to BMW to replace and when it was them they told me that the units were both damaged/dead and needed to be replaced. Bike was already with BMW and both sensors needed to be removed. I had it done and then went to discuss with the bike shop. As I said, I cant prove anything however factors influencing my decision are as follows:

- For both to be damaged / dead at the same time
- For both to be damaged / dead after having new tyres fitted at the same vendor, same day
- One failure, possible and I would write off to wear & tear and use. Both failing same time?
- I had hoped that the cost of one unit would be reimbursed however as the weeks rolled on, simple communication would have been appreciated. None was forthcoming and still isn't. Vendor has just left it and for me this adds insult to injury.

As a customer, in my personal capacity, I will never use them again regardless of the reason. I used to prefer to support smaller local shops even when prices were not the best. Now I drive the hour to Jhb to get anything done on my bike as do my friends and family within my sphere of influence.

Ek dink jy verstaan my dalk verkeerd. Ek se nie die sensors is nie by hulle beskadig nie. Ek se as ek n probleem het met werk wat gedoen is, gaan ek terug na die spesifieke verskaffer. As ek geen reaksie by hulle kry nie, sal ek verder hulp soek.  En eers dan sal ek Name it en Shame it. As my keuse is om nie die korekte roete te volg nie, dan is dit my lost as hulle my nie wil help nie. Just m2c
When the world says, "Give up", Hope whispers."Try it one more time".
It is nothing to fall, as long as you stand up one more time than you fall.
People that judge don't matter. People that matter don't judge.
I have not failed 1000 times, I found 1000 ways that wont work.
HOPE is what you've got left when nothing else is working out right.

Offline tifua

• 2008 R1200GSA (Stolen)
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2015, 07:41:36 pm »
Appreciate your opinion and input and I understood what you meant. In this case the parts that were not working needed to get replaced and bike was with BMW already. I did not suspect the shop or know both sensors were damaged. Had it been only one, as I said, I would have attributed it to wear and tear and part of ownership. When it was both, the bike was there with BMW and I told them to replace it. The next day I went to speak to the shop owner in question. 30 min conversation only ended where it started with denial that it could be them at blame in any way shape or form. I cant prove it. I can spend time and money trying to force a result but end of day it will resolve nothing. In my opinion I gave them sufficient opportunity to address the matter or at least come back to me with some kind of answer/update . 4 months and not a word. They even had the dead unit (which they requested when I first raised the matter with them) to test to identify cause of failure as they said it may be the battery and if it was that I would have left it at that. 

Offline tifua

• 2008 R1200GSA (Stolen)
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2016, 11:10:03 am »
Follow up on this. So I have F800GS that needs a new tire. Brother takes it to them to fit (19 October I think it was - will confirm as I was out of town that week) and guess what... they fit K60 Scount backwards on the rear. Big arrow pointing in the direction of travel and they missed it. Was picked up and corrected by another shop in the Vaal. Needless to say I will most certainly not even use them as a reference landmark when giving directions let alone for any business.

Offline OomD

• #imstayingpositive
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2016, 11:51:04 am »
So, in spite of your previous experience your brother used them again?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline corne.l

• Bike: NER-A-CAR
  • Say what?
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2016, 12:21:19 pm »
Follow up on this. So I have F800GS that needs a new tire. Brother takes it to them to fit (19 October I think it was - will confirm as I was out of town that week) and guess what... they fit K60 Scount backwards on the rear. Big arrow pointing in the direction of travel and they missed it. Was picked up and corrected by another shop in the Vaal. Needless to say I will most certainly not even use them as a reference landmark when giving directions let alone for any business.

Seems Jelmic still the best in the Vaal then
in vino veritas, in cervesio felicitas

Yamaha XT1200Z (2010) - SOLD
Yamaha XT660Z (2009) - SOLD
BMW F650GS Dakar (2004) - SOLD

Offline Dik kobus

• Bike: AJS (all models)
  • Hoe dik is jou kobus
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2017, 06:56:28 am »
Bump
Bly eerder weg
Klomp proes straat pretorias daar
Jammer om te se maar dis hoe dit is.
Kan bly wees net dit het gebeur. proes straat pretorias
Hulle het tot my disks geswop.. N maand voor het ek Al my disks vervang met oem bmw. Weet jy hoe Fokken $$$ daai goed is!
Het nooit my nuwes terug gekry
proes straat pretorias.
Het ek vir julle vertel van klomp groot proes straat pretorias? Ander naam biking accessories
proes straat pretorias
Lang lebender hitler
Klip spinnekop

Offline Bikerboer1973

• Groot Suzuki aanhanger maar eindig altyd op met 'n Honda!
  • Bike: AJS (all models)
  • Darem al weer 'n Honda XL185 plaas fiets.
« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2017, 09:46:35 am »
Is hulle enigsins deel van Biking Accessories in Pretoria?
Tans.
Honda Xl185 plaas fiets
Vrou se NC700.