Biking Accessories - Vereeninging (Caution to bikers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tifua

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS Adventure
Greetings WD

Just wanted to mention experience I had with Biking Accessories in Vereeniging. In April I decided to take my bike in to get new tires fitted. The ones I had were worn thin and the owners of the shop both ride R1200GSA so I felt bike would be in good hands. Took their advice on selection of tire and asked them to fit it.

Came back later in the afternoon and collected the bike and rode the 10 min home. Saw warning light on the dashboard so took it easy and parked bike. Would ask my brother to sort it as I had to catch plane back overseas for work. Should have dealt with it there and then but my own haste and fault.

Brother had a look and noticed the valve on rear was damaged. When taking off the cap the valve essentially came apart in his hands. The warning light was the tire pressure sensors. I came back to SA in July and took the bike to BMW in Boksburg to get checked. Both tire pressure sensors broken. R4k later I got my bike back and when I went to speak to the shop owner about this they obviously denied any responsibility, liability, knowledge of the damage etc. Long speech about all the precautions they take, how these valve sensors break if you look at them wrong, how they personally do the work and dont let the young guy working there do any of the work etc. Long story short, they said impossible for them to break it. I gave him copy of the report from BMW and gave them the number of the person that took my bike in at BMW so they could confirm. He asked to take one valve to send in for his own tests. He took the front on that didn't have physical damage on it as expected. I asked him to let my brother know as I have to leave SA for work again. That was July, brother has been there several times and not a word.

Nothing will come of it. Hard to prove it. Fact is bike went to them for new tires and when I got it back, both sensors were broken. Cant prove they did it and to try make legal thing of it will cost more than 4k I spent replacing the valves. None of my friends or family will use the shop again. Its about all I can do as a very dissatisfied customer.