Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Sanral discount e-toll offer  (Read 2876 times)

Offline Sláinte Mhaith

Sanral discount e-toll offer
« on: November 30, 2015, 12:44:06 pm »
So SANRAL is offering a 60% discount on outstanding e-toll debt (from Dec 2013 to Aug 2015) if you pay or make payment arrangements by 2 May 2016.

Do you think you might make use of this opportunity ???

If you think might but don't want to say it publicly you can vote without posting in this thread. But please vote.

Offline Welsh

• BMW R1150GSV
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1150GS
  • Thunder Twonk. The two legged Twat Monkey.
Re: Sanral discount e-toll offer
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2015, 12:48:43 pm »
So SANRAL is offering a 60% discount on outstanding e-toll debt (from Dec 2013 to Aug 2015) if you pay or make payment arrangements by 2 May 2016.

Do you think you might make use of this opportunity ???

If you think might but don't want to say it publicly you can vote without posting in this thread. But please vote.
I am not going to pay, but I have to say small exposure, don't use highway much and company car is fitted and paid by company.
A founding member of the Witwatersrand Anchor Society.

Offline Ganjora

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2015, 12:49:10 pm »
i'm going for the 100% discount

Offline Bundu

• Forum Whore
  • Bike: KTM 1290 Super Adventure
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2015, 12:54:20 pm »
not even considering to pay - I want 100% discount until they find an alternate funding model - they will just have to refund all the bribes that they were paid

Offline Sláinte Mhaith

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2015, 12:57:20 pm »

I am thinking our new gun licensing law.  If you went the route then you have to get your renewed licence every 5 year (or something like that). If you did nothing then the old licence is still valid and you are in a 'better' position.

Get the same feeling about e-toll. Nothing is happening. Those that pay, pay and those who don't, don't. They are not going to tell the people who pay to stop and scrap the system but also not doing anything to those who don't pay.

Offline Vintage_Mania

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2015, 12:58:25 pm »

I'm waiting for the same....

People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day. And doing nothing often leads to the very best kind of something.

Offline hedleyj

« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2015, 12:59:04 pm »
Nice Try SMS your reg no. and check your balance

Then they got your contact details, watch for the harassment if and when, you don't pay.

Your phone will glow in the dark

I'm sure the sun goes around the earth twice a day.

Offline ClimbingTurtle

• Forum Vendor
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: BMW (all models)
  • Give It Horns - Save Our Rhino's
    • Majita Tool Supplies
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2015, 01:26:23 pm »
Awesome!

Now I only owe R12K!!

And still not paying....

:eek7:
www.majita.co.za - we sell tools!

"And if I knew I was going to be this thirsty, I would have drunk more last night"

2010 R1200GS Adventure SOLD - 2007 BMW G650x - 1981 XT500 - 1980 XT500 - Gone to Mud Island for a better life with Roadcat the Lordly, Keeper of the Mead...!

Offline punisher

• DILLIGAF
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2015, 01:43:00 pm »
pffft
i owe nothing ,  and so does everyone else

stop feeding the monster , they will soon starve 
just wanna have fun , and ride ... and ....... ride

Offline Bundu

• Forum Whore
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2015, 02:27:36 pm »

I am thinking our new gun licensing law.  If you went the route then you have to get your renewed licence every 5 year (or something like that). If you did nothing then the old licence is still valid and you are in a 'better' position.

Get the same feeling about e-toll. Nothing is happening. Those that pay, pay and those who don't, don't. They are not going to tell the people who pay to stop and scrap the system but also not doing anything to those who don't pay.

I don't think so - it would not be sustainable and as time goes by, even now already, fewer and fewer are paying - I think the big fights or cop-out will be in May 2016

Offline Vintage_Mania

« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2015, 02:31:05 pm »
Plus, as with last year, December and January will hit them hard. Those that do pay tend to priorities differently over the festive season.

People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day. And doing nothing often leads to the very best kind of something.

Offline bud500

« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2015, 02:37:07 pm »
I don't need to give my bucks to SANRAL to piss away, I do it very well on my own...
May the bridges I burn light the way...

Offline Sláinte Mhaith

« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2015, 02:37:25 pm »
Seems the discount dispensation is not going well.
http://www.outa.co.za/site/e-tolls-failure-is-now-confirmed/

Although many that are thinking of paying will wait to the last minute to see what is happening so they might have a boost at the end.

Offline mox

• Bike: Kawasaki KLR 650
  • Formerly knows as HONDAKAWA11
« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2015, 03:07:43 pm »
Fark that. What they think I owe is going towards rebuilding my road bike.
Klr 650 , Z800 - My blood is green.

Offline Bundu

• Forum Whore
« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2015, 03:12:54 pm »
I'm sure OUTA will boost their media coverage shortly before the discount offer expires, in order to prevent people from taking up the offer - Many of us are anxiously awaiting Sanrals next move - fukkem!

They will have to provide me with photographic proof of every gantry I passed - that's two years of evidence - good luck to them

Offline trackSHUN

• Bike: Yamaha XT660
  • KLE500 + XT660R
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2016, 03:15:36 pm »
Just received an SMS detailing my "outstanding e-toll bal" and inducement to pay 40% now.
Followed by threat of
"Failure to settle will result in loss of this discount, vehicle listing, and collection action being commenced ..."

Anyone who is frightened enough by this illegal notification method is invited to visit www.less60.co.za or call 0873531490.

Hope they spend the weekend waiting to hear from me ..... and a long time into the future  ;)

Anyone else been SMS-targeted??
I've never sent my cell no to e-NATIS or SANRAL, so first challenge would be for SANRAL to explain how they have my number.

Offline Bundu

• Forum Whore
« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2016, 03:35:22 pm »
Just received an SMS detailing my "outstanding e-toll bal" and inducement to pay 40% now.
Followed by threat of
"Failure to settle will result in loss of this discount, vehicle listing, and collection action being commenced ..."

Anyone who is frightened enough by this illegal notification method is invited to visit www.less60.co.za or call 0873531490.

Hope they spend the weekend waiting to hear from me ..... and a long time into the future  ;)

Anyone else been SMS-targeted??
I've never sent my cell no to e-NATIS or SANRAL, so first challenge would be for SANRAL to explain how they have my number.

http://www.outa.co.za/site/sanrals-threatening-sms-not-to-be-feared/

SANRAL’S THREATENING SMS NOT TO BE FEARED
This week, Sanral launched a new tactic of intimidation by sending SMS messages to motorists with outstanding e-toll bills. These messages were split into three parts:-

Listing user’s current outstanding e-toll balance.
    An indication of the discount they will receive if they settle now, during the 60% discount period.
    A message of intimidation which says “Failure to settle outstanding e-Toll will result in a loss of this discount, vehicle listing, and collection action being commenced against you for the full amount due”.

“When enquiring with the Sanral call center about what exactly “vehicle listing” and “collection action” means, we received no clear indication from three different staff members,” says Wayne Duvenage, OUTA’s Chairperson. “This is clearly an intimidation tactic but what’s more, the fact that SANRAL are sending questionable unsolicited messages to people, without an “opt-out” option from receiving further intimidation messages, could be deemed unlawful.  There is no qualification within these messages that this debt belongs to a specific person or vehicle registration number.

OUTA’s legal team is investigating the possibility that Sanral or their agents might be transgressing section 45 of the Electronic Communications and Transactions Act by sending unsolicited communications to persons without giving them the option to opt out or being able to confirm where they obtained their personal details.

“ As per the act, ‘communicating with persons in this manner could be a criminal offence with a fine or prison sentence of up to 12 months’,” says Duvenage

OUTA have informed their members to not be intimidated by these SMSs, as members enjoy protection under OUTA’s e-Toll Defence UMBRELLA, should Sanral issue summons against them for the non-payment of e-Tolls.

To become a member of OUTA visit this link -> www.outa.co.za/site/outa-membership-and-donation/

Offline Xchallenge

• Jou Ma is 'n...
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: AJS (all models)
  • Braaap!
« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2016, 06:59:49 pm »
2 people out of the 64 who voted are complete morons!
If you had a psychic midget who killed someone, you would have a small medium at large.

Offline Bundu

• Forum Whore
« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2016, 07:50:46 pm »
2 people out of the 64 who voted are complete morons!

I wonder why the 3 (at this stage) that will be joining Sanral in the implementation of corruption, believe that e-tolls will succeed?

Offline Herklaas

• Bike: Triumph (all models)
  • Do it, you only live twice.
« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2016, 08:17:44 pm »
Awesome!

Now I only owe R12K!!

And still not paying....

:eek7:

:sip: jeez mr. turtle, that is how much I drew today to pay the guy a deposit for the paving for my drive way. Eich!
Yamaha 50, Yamaha 400, 2 x Yamaha DR 350 LC, Honda CBX 550 F2, Honda TransAlp 650, Triumph Tiger 800 Xc,
Now 2015 Triumph Tiger 800 Xcx.and.. my favorite... 1996 Yamaha Tenere 660 5 valve single.