Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Getting a new passport  (Read 3359 times)

Offline heinzz

Re: Getting a new passport
« Reply #20 on: December 08, 2015, 11:59:54 am »
Can also recommend Centurion.
Went there a month back, and it took about 10 days.

Jip , quick and easy. :thumleft:

Online Mr Zog

• Well fuck me, I'm a
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: Honda XL500S
  • Without the gutter my mind would be homeless...
« Reply #21 on: December 10, 2015, 05:43:53 pm »
Took the laaitie to Centurion today to get his passport. Because I saw a note that Akasia was closed until 2 Jan for renovations.

Centurion was offline  :xxbah:  :xxbah:  :xxbah:

So a quick google on the phone, got the number for Cullinan, called them, they were online.

Drove to Cullinan, arrived at Home Affairs at 2 minutes to 12. Walked out at 4 minutes to 1. Just under an hour, done and dusted. Passport will be ready for collection in 3 weeks, or less. I'll get a SMS.

Then I need to get him a visa for the USA so he can come visit me next year...
Young enough to know I can, old enough to know I shouldn't, stupid enough to do it anyway.

Offline Bappas

« Reply #22 on: March 09, 2016, 09:53:48 am »
When my sons pasport got lost!!! PTA Central Ther is not that many pasport aplicants there!!!! In and out
30 Min Was ready4 or 5 days later.
"Life is like a jar of Jalapeno peppers...What you do today, might Burn Your Ass Tomorrow"

Offline jaybiker

• Old school=Old's cool.
  • Bike: BMW R1150GS
« Reply #23 on: March 25, 2016, 10:01:54 am »
Dammit, some boards on the forum I don't often view, there just aren't enough hours for it, so I'd never heard about getting a passport through one's bank, and I'm a Nedbank client.
Now I'm pissed off because I've just run the gauntlet of Home Affairs,  and having read of some people's experience I'm forced to concede that not everything about life in PE is better than everywhere else.
Five and a half hours of infuriating frustration and confusion, milling around like lost sheep finally got my application submitted. Then ten days later another three hours of the same to collect it.
A long queue out of the door to state your business to one receptionist, then sent to another queue to get your waiting number, wait to be called to the one photo booth, where the operator goes off for a break between each client. Next, queue to pay your 400 bucks to the cashier, and finally take your seat and doze off until you are called to the line of about 20 counters, just two of which are manned. One processing applications, the other issueing passports, ID cards, birth certificates etc.
Worse, my wife who applied along with me, didn't get her passport, some excuse about her fingerprints taking longer to process, so she "will be notified when to come back again"

AAAAARGHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :BangHead: :BangHead: