My bike..

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maya_The_Bee

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Yamaha XT660
i totally do not agree that the KLR is a butt ugly bike.. I think it does need a bit of visual touches but the fact that makes this bike special for me , is that upgrades , u can do it ureself..

i started biking when i was 14 years old , here are waht i ve ridden so far..

1- SUZUKI Marauder (yuk! but was wooooaaawww fora first bike at 21 !)

2- HONDA Transalp (this bike came with all accessories side bads top bag , tank cover , i just wasnt mature enough to respect it then..sadly)

3- SUZUKI Bandit 600 ( was woooaaa after the HONDA but just more power, wouldnt buy again even thoghuh i respect its heritage)

4- YAMAHA THUNDERCAT 600 ( this was kind o the indication that i was going towards road riding n speed and all the stupidness that blocks ure mind bout the real deal ! was a good bike tho)

5- Came to SA in 2000, bought a babyblade CBR 400 , fast for its size,  uncomfortable and buzzed in my brain, was a fun toy wouldnt consider buying one if i had to rely on it often tho)

6- Sold the CBR 400 and got myself an older brother CBR 600 F4 , first carb model , i loved that bike, but had to sell it at the time, this wasa bike i d like to keep in my garage tho , never let me down, but just road riding , got boring.

7- Decided to try out a V-Twin , got myself a SV 1000 S , loads of torque , fast (not as fast as 4 cylinder superbikez but was much quicker than the F4) , but something was missing there, didnt enjoy riding low rev in the city , too bent forward all the time , i decided i either go for a proper GSXR 1000 K6 and definatly kill myself , or go back to where it started ( i mean for todays adult kids, KLR is a cult bike..)

8- Final choice came after reading online forums, non stop day night , in the toilet where the f ever,  for two three weeks...reading on n on , what guys say bout the bike , pics upgrades, andi decided for the bucks i pay for , i cant go wrong with this bike..

If i had more money to have a collection of bikez KLR would definatly stay in there , wouldnt sell it unless i needed to.

Also i looked, u can maintain the bike , old technology , cost effective, fun to upgrade , lego sort of feel to it , that u can do things ureself, nice ground clearence , highway cruising comfy at 150 , well i thought to myself , this is the perfect bike for me , no matter if people like it or not. i do.

I havent done the doohickey yet and dont really know where to go , if anyone knows pls text me  also for crash bars..
I ve added the KTM front mudguard i beleive it enhances the front end of the bike radically , changed the orange indicators , orange means old ! when it comes to indicators...in my mind i mean.. :)

and finally got a Anakee back tire..still got loads to do but slowly i ll get there, im just happy to see this site and all you people loving outdoors n getting away frm all the b...sh..t daily stress..

Hoping to go out riding with u mates. Have a great week you all.

Attachments

• klr wallpaper2.jpg
    klr wallpaper2.jpg
    240.1 KB · Views: 496