Advice & recommendations: KTM 950 SE do's and dont's (Calling all experts)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Renrew

Race Dog
WD Supporter
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 950 SE
Hi Dogs,

I need some good advice from the 950 Super Enduro boffins  :glasses10:, those who have had these babies and gone through all the "must do's", "would like to do" and "will do when I have the moolas".

The background, I have been lucky enough to not only find my dream bike, but I've managed to get my little hands on a brand spanking new little-hairs-still-on-the-tyres-still 950 Super Enduro with... ZERO km on the clock! :pot: So I want to make sure I take good care of her from the start, do all the things that needs to be done to sort out all the niggles, prevent possible problems and the best part: FIT ALL THOSE NICE GOODIES to take it to the next level :ricky:

So, this is my list of stuff I'd like to order - Please share your thoughts:

EXTRAS (Please check price, if you think it's good to have, any problems with it or what to watch out for and where I can source it from locally perhaps)

Balck Dog Bashplate - 3500 - Blackdog
Sticker Kit - 3500 (To keep the plastics, rims etc nice) - Racestar
Service - 3000 (Just to drain the oil, check clutch plates, check for leaks when starting, fill with new oil after start and new oil filter)
KTM Rallye Pegs - 3500 - RAD
Scotts & BRP Damper Submount with damping - 8000 - BRP/KTM Twins
Scotts Rear Disc Guard - 2000 - BRP/KTM Twins
TM Design Works Chain Guide- 800 - RAD
Hilton Suspension Rework- 5000
Sidestand Relocate - 700 - KTM Twins
Brake Cylinder Guard - 700 - KTM Twins\RAD
(Double take) Folding Mirror - 800 - KTM Twins
Sprocket Guard - 700 - KTM Twins
Ignition Cover - 1500 - RAD\KTM Twins
Rottweiler Intake System + Stack - 4500 - KTM Twins\Rottweiler (This is not just for more power, but ease of changing filter/oiling and protection from dust as it will only be ridden offroad)
Carrier Plate - 1800
Rotopax System - 1500 - Wild@heart
KTM Tankbag - 1500  - RAD
Swingarm Guards - 2000 - KTM Twins
Fork Seal Protectors - 500 - RAD
Shorty Levers - 2500 - ??

I'd like to start a list of what needs to be done in terms of sorting all the problems (if any) on the SE (Like the waterpump etc) ebfore they happen

ISSUES

Sidestand relocate
Waterpump or is it fuelpump

Looking forward to getting some info from all the SE owners and experts - I want to make sure I do all the good stuff because a new SE is quite hard to find as you guys might know :deal:

Thanks dogs!