PE - Addo - Zuurberg - Darlington Dam - Uitenhage - PE

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thump

Race Dog
WD Supporter
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 1190 Adventure
So, as it's two weeks before Lizanne leave's for a two month vacation in some cold dark country at the top of the world, I thought I'd take her for a little ride to remember the Eastern Cape for a few days when she gets there.
I started off just riding towards Addo, still deciding on the route, then thought I'd head to Zuurberg Hotel for coffee.

We left at 7AM, returned at 5PM, turns out I never felt like turning around, so we just did a loop.
(I'm very fortunate that she just went along with me.  :grin:)

The final ±400km route we did is shown below

host image

We started in light rain, so I stuck to tar until Addo, with quite a bit of rain for the last few km's into Addo.
She hates heat but loves rain, so this was a perfect day to do zuurberg.

Just after putting our Rain jackets on, we stopped for the first pic.

photo uploading

Then stopped in Addo for fuel and air.

I was a bit hesitant to head further in this rain, but chatting to a local decided it should be okay up there. And Lizanne was keen to carry on, so we did.

An excellent decision indeed.

The rain stopped as we left Addo, with only an odd sprinkle the rest of the way.

First off was a little detour up a 2 track road which ended at a gate.
Had a bit of fun turning around. :ricky:

After a slight struggle, I got the bike turned around and we went to Zuurberg Hotel for scones and coffee.

After a tour of the grounds, we took a slow ride through the pass to anne's Villa where we were shown around by a very informed guide.

Then to her dismay I asked him for the route to Darlington dam. (I never took the GPS with)

We got there going through a stretch of Addo park seeing quite a few types of buck and Ostriches. It started getting a bit warm, after which we braved Uitenhage to have a late lunch, then headed home via rocklands.

All in all an excellent days riding with lots of fun