Lesotho:- (lɨˈsuːtuː/ li-SOO-too), and some Drakensberg. What a ride...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Sierck-Les-Bains, France, (Formerly Benoni, SA)
Bike
Triumph 800 XC
Before Sunday, 20 December 2015, I referred to myself as an adventure rider.

This was in fact delusional. Now, for the first time, do I feel entitled to call myself such. This ride made everything else I've done pale in comparison. THIS ride got me (Airguitar), Stuart (StuartC) and my cuz Warren (WD name unknown) officialy into the club.
This ride was indeed epic.

Teaser....
nVYTeczCa-qX_BGzwhHHIRnIGG3Plt8RILG6PDJnDijNzFgDw3k5gr7v-7xhysVm0vwn31PkUs5F2msdh9B59j4Tsbu_W1lBlNTl7wmHVKFuum7GpebhWtY8E9v7R5E5y-eqdgQMFF9AwEufsJ2kFGEvOYr2rmqUn74mbs7rf15byQzB7r-_c5CjTHY5_WZJ8xZn8yYgwzFhk_bZWNelyDaqxCRHJ6LpmHBfErIUZMogWeHGmb4VhNvWBmoRd2b39q9KtWw-CH4H8s7DqVk6aAIPq7oQaGRiHUDdg23Ln8Uu_61nQlAJs4kurgTwL3IL47AlIS-J2uZrJNRn-jVhxhFEm8IrG0m_Ad0Y8q1vh7YaOtnNJ3wEMg4vbqGWxt9Bv9gMvxROQ1mdAlSbUWuCC2yyWydY9nXbFkB9Px5EUIYKG0yMjWSPvNvL2PEnwJz2bQKK1S4n4TUz8SvgVvEJe1KVbG8j5QczjP--EJ1fYJtbt3OVe43-IY94iLrHhHOkKlsV0iYbkAK9fmnV6PQ-CLyMgpjD7O7MBim-c76UPj4jtrvjECuxgPnL1II2dY01iWwNcQ=w931-h698-no

On Friday Warren called me up and said he's coming over to my place for a beer. I knew he had something in his head that needed to get out. He stood and sucked on a beer while I gave my Tiger a badly needed wash. Then we discussed riding down to Himeville, followed by a ride up Sani, followed by a tour of Lesotho withan overnight at Katse dam (This was to change) and then riding out via Fouriesburg to Clarens, Then home the next morning. Three nights and four days in the saddle before Christmas. I was game, and we called on a few friends to join us. SuartC came on board and we had a working plan.

Now the best plans are the ones that flex to work with mishap, circumstance and gut feel. This plan was made knowing full well that it could be adapted, bent, squeezed or otherwise abused to fit into what felt good at the time. We're all so glad we did..

Pics to follow....