Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Amageza Rallye 2016: Entries OPEN  (Read 41051 times)

Offline CycleC

Re: Amageza Rallye 2016: Entries OPEN
« Reply #260 on: September 14, 2016, 10:27:12 am »
Can this be true - Only 37 Entries so far - Surely this list cant be correct, It was a good event last year wasn't it - surely they can get 150 +. I really hope for the organisers sake this list is just not updated. 

Offline JustBendIt

• Vendor
  • Vendors
  • Grey hound
  • Bike: KTM 950 Adventure
  • cunning linguistic afficionado
« Reply #261 on: September 14, 2016, 10:30:14 am »
It is true - only 37

There were 38 last week but Grolls has withdrawn due to injury

Law of averages says another few won't make the start or get past day 1 - gonna be a thin field

BUT lets be positive and look forward to some good racing
The older I get the faster I was

Offline Ross Riddle

• Pack Dog
  • Bike: Husqvarna (all models)
« Reply #262 on: September 14, 2016, 10:35:13 am »
Looks very thin.
I do know of a couple of guys that are still on the fence on whether to participate or not.
Trying very hard to convince them to commit.
EVO 50X, Honda Racing replica Pocket bike, 2013 KTM 300 XC-W, 2016 Husky 450 FE Rally Conversion

Offline CycleC

« Reply #263 on: September 14, 2016, 10:38:34 am »
Damn -  I hope they get more entries, Rallye Racing is not my thing but I really enjoyed watching the live timing last year. there is still time so hopefully more guys will enter.

Offline Crossed-up

• Pangaman
  • Grey hound
  • Bike: Yamaha XT500
« Reply #264 on: September 14, 2016, 10:49:27 am »
There probably won't be an Amageza in 2017 and if it is held again it will likely be around March or April in 2018. So this is it for the next 18 months or so (or maybe much longer).

Offline Garth Roberts

• Puppy
  • Bike: AJS (all models)
  • RR500XC-RALLYE
« Reply #265 on: September 14, 2016, 10:14:11 pm »
TO ALL RIDERS: ROBERTS RACING RALLYE- 2016 AMAGEZA RALLY NAVIGATION TRAINING------
RRR Will be having 800km Roadbook Nav training and some vital rally tips...Motor liason sections ONLY Specials... Arriving by 5pm in Mafikeng, NW...29 SEPTEMBER 2016.... B&B and meals included....Leave for home the morning of 2 October 2016. This is to help you for preparation for Amageza 2016!  Contact us for more info! 0837325566
garth@robertsracing.co.za

Offline Camelman

• Race Dog
  • Bike: KTM 690 Adventure
  • If it was easy, everyone would do it.
    • Amageza Rallye
« Reply #266 on: September 15, 2016, 10:05:14 am »
Can this be true - Only 37 Entries so far - Surely this list cant be correct, It was a good event last year wasn't it - surely they can get 150 +. I really hope for the organisers sake this list is just not updated. 

This list works on the final payment (Payment 3) and for the Malle Moto on the Malle Moto product. As the system marks it paid, it is reflected on the entry list.

It is true that the entries are low, but no stress. This is no longer my company. It's God's. He saved me from being a hole in the ground a couple of weeks back when my gyro broke up in flight (I'll tell you the full story someday).

I remember vividly the 2013 Amageza. We had to cancel the proposed event because I could not get the race working with MSA. It took me 2 weeks to restructure and we had to refund 50% of the competitors and scale down on personnel. But come race day we had the BEST RACE ever. It was before teams could enter and competitors could only do it Malle Moto. Competitors were like a band of brothers. Everyone was helping everyone survive to the end.

The moral of the story is this:
God knows why I started this race, and my intentions. Through Amageza we have reached thousands of people in less advantaged villages. We have had enduro riders become Dakar entrants. We have had adventure riders become competitors. My dreams of getting more Africans on the world stage of Dakar is coming true.  By starting this race many new industries had started, some of which are now exporting rally products. We made a difference. We got off the fence and dove into the fire. Everyone of the 300+ riders that has passed through a Amageza is a part of this.

So it does not matter if we have 23 entries like in 2011, and I have to strap a satellite phone onto my bike handlebars and a medi-kit to the back and race behind the last riders, but WE WILL HAVE A AWESOME RACE! (Don't stress out. I have booked the helicopter and medical response team. Might not be able to give you a embossed towel with your name on though  ;D.)

The routes alone is worth all the effort and money spent or lost. Who cares. Money is made and lost in a fraction of a second of a lifetime. Memories last forever.

One life, live it!

Offline Ross Riddle

• Pack Dog
« Reply #267 on: September 15, 2016, 10:22:26 am »
Well said!
Sounds like a interesting story regarding the Gyro!
EVO 50X, Honda Racing replica Pocket bike, 2013 KTM 300 XC-W, 2016 Husky 450 FE Rally Conversion

Offline seankriel

• Pack Dog
  • Bike: NER-A-CAR
  • I'm Living it!
« Reply #268 on: September 15, 2016, 10:24:24 am »

This list works on the final payment (Payment 3) and for the Malle Moto on the Malle Moto product. As the system marks it paid, it is reflected on the entry list.

It is true that the entries are low, but no stress. This is no longer my company. It's God's. He saved me from being a hole in the ground a couple of weeks back when my gyro broke up in flight (I'll tell you the full story someday).

I remember vividly the 2013 Amageza. We had to cancel the proposed event because I could not get the race working with MSA. It took me 2 weeks to restructure and we had to refund 50% of the competitors and scale down on personnel. But come race day we had the BEST RACE ever. It was before teams could enter and competitors could only do it Malle Moto. Competitors were like a band of brothers. Everyone was helping everyone survive to the end.

God knows why I started this race, and my intentions. Through Amageza we have reached thousands of people in less advantaged villages. We have had enduro riders become Dakar entrants. We have had adventure riders become competitors. My dreams of getting more Africans on the world stage of Dakar is coming true.  By starting this race many new industries had started, some of which are now exporting rally products. We made a difference. We got off the fence and dove into the fire. Everyone of the 300+ riders that has passed through a Amageza is a part of this.

So it does not matter if we have 23 entries like in 2011, and I have to strap a satellite phone onto my bike handlebars and a medi-kit to the back and race behind the last riders, but WE WILL HAVE A AWESOME RACE! (Don't stress out. I have booked the helicopter and medical response team. Might not be able to give you a embossed towel with your name on though  ;D.)

The routes alone is worth all the effort and money spent or lost. Who cares. Money is made and lost in a fraction of a second of a lifetime. Memories last forever.

One life, live it!

Camelman! I speak for all the marshals volunteering: WE HAVE YOUR BACK!! We will assist support and stand by YOU!

Keep it up!
It's not what you know and it's not who you know. It's what you know about who you know.

Offline Grolls

• Race Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS HP2
    • Think Pink - Think Aeropink
« Reply #269 on: September 15, 2016, 10:31:10 am »
....Camelman - That post says it all ...  :thumleft:
Damn my shoulder op
Sounds like this Amageza is going to be one of the best  :ricky:

Think Pink ........... Think Aeropink

086 111 PINK

Offline MaxThePanda

• Race Dog
  • Bike: Vespa (all models)
  • As in 'Even more Panda'. Also likes sharks.
    • Team 525
« Reply #270 on: September 15, 2016, 12:04:08 pm »
FOMO already.

Offline BlueBull2007

• Caribbean
  • Global Moderator
  • Bachelor Dog
« Reply #271 on: September 15, 2016, 03:40:43 pm »
Well I learnt something new today:

FOMO - Fear of Missing Out.
noun
informal

[mass noun] Anxiety that an exciting or interesting event may currently be happening elsewhere, often aroused by posts seen on social media.
    ‘I realized I was a lifelong sufferer of FOMO’

FOMO indeed Ian. :laughing7: Are you in now? It would be a great if you are. :thumleft:

Butterflies for me already ::) ;D

Here are some questions and the Orga's answers applicable to the MALLE MOTO guys with my own comments in green for readers who might be green to this event:

> About malle moto this year:
>
> 1) Are we allowed to get outside help in changing mousses and tyres? If not, will there be a tyre holder device for us to use - if not can one of us bring one?
Yes. I'm working on a sponsor who will do this for us. He will also sell mousses and tires on site.
So hope for (but dont expect) a tyre changing device, and hope for a service to have it done, but don't expect it.
>
> 2) Can I bring a spare rear and front rim on malle moto?
Yes. Two tires or complete rims & tires.
Awesomeness. If you have rims, it will save you two tyre changes on the race at some point.
>
> 3) Will there be a power source for us malle moto guys to plug into in each bivvy?
Yes
Awesome, but plan for it to be 500m away in case it is. :laughing7: Also bring your own applicable adaptors so that a socket is always available for someone else even with your stuff plugged in.
>
> 4) Old oil - where would we dump it?
Malle Moto marshals will have empty drums for that purpose.
>
> 5) Water: Will there be a supply of good drinking water for us at the bivouacs and will any of it be "brak"? For some reason brak water gives me the gyppos
>Yes. I drink them all, without issues. But bottled water is for sale in each town (Upington, Kakamas, Springbok, XXX)
« Last Edit: September 15, 2016, 03:43:00 pm by BlueBull2007 »
Rally nut. What could possibly go wrong?
Living the Rally Dream - Ride Report
Current bike: KTM 350 EXC   Previous bikes:  2010 WR450F, 2006 KTM450EXC,KTM 450RR, BMW800GS, KTM450EXC, BMW650 GS, BMW650 Dakar, and Honda XR250

Offline tehdutchie

• Pack Dog
  • Bike: Beta (all models)
« Reply #272 on: September 15, 2016, 09:51:15 pm »

One life, live it!

Camelman! I speak for all the marshals volunteering: WE HAVE YOUR BACK!! We will assist support and stand by YOU!

Keep it up!

Super!!!

Offline BV

• Pack Dog
« Reply #273 on: September 16, 2016, 07:51:49 am »
FOMO already.

Max.
I for one are going to miss you.
Ktm 250 2t ktm3002t Husqvarna 300 TPI
ktm 450 RR Husqvarna 701
KTM 950 x2

Offline JustBendIt

• Vendor
  • Vendors
  • Grey hound
  • cunning linguistic afficionado
« Reply #274 on: September 18, 2016, 07:17:29 am »
USED RALLY NAVIGATION KIT FOR SALE

Used (1 rally Amageza 2015) but excellent perfect working condition rally navigation gear

1 X F2R RB730 electronic roadbook holders with all wiring and thumbswitch brackets
R3 000

1 X ICO Rallye Max trip meter with all wiring and thumbswitch
R3 700

2 X F2R electronic roadbook LED backlight - works with all models of F2R roadbooks
R250 each

1 X aluminium roadbook thumbswitch bracket - designed to work with ICO / RNS / F2R thumbswitch mountings - cleans up the "cockpit" nicely
R250 each

Above prices exclude transport - courier costs for buyers account - Aramex couriers charge R100 for overnight delivery to your door

Please PM me if you are interested in any of the above
« Last Edit: September 19, 2016, 11:20:07 am by JustBendIt »
The older I get the faster I was

Offline Grolls

• Race Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS HP2
    • Think Pink - Think Aeropink
« Reply #275 on: September 18, 2016, 11:29:09 am »
This is really well priced rally equipment 👍
Think Pink ........... Think Aeropink

086 111 PINK

Online LoopSoosStroop

• Race Dog
  • Bike: Honda CRF-250 Rally
  • Long live the TTR
« Reply #276 on: September 19, 2016, 08:29:52 am »
Lekker Alex! Wish I could do it this year!

I personally thick the format is great this year. Less of a logistical nightmare with the central biouvac, and the best riding terrain of the NC.

Offline seankriel

• Pack Dog
  • Bike: NER-A-CAR
  • I'm Living it!
« Reply #277 on: September 19, 2016, 11:38:21 am »
Interesting observation....

Amageza 2015 entry list was 86 strong....
Amageza 2016 entry list is 37 strong....

Only 17 riders from 2015 is doing 2016. 20 New riders or riders who skipped a year and returned....

Question?
 Are there really only 17 returnees?
It's not what you know and it's not who you know. It's what you know about who you know.

Offline BlueBull2007

• Caribbean
  • Global Moderator
  • Bachelor Dog
« Reply #278 on: September 19, 2016, 12:27:20 pm »
Sean, its not that surprising to me.

Lets face the facts ladies & gentlemen: Rally is simply not everyone's cup of tea. Its also a tough year financially for many of us.

More importantly, you have to be a masochistic sob who does not mind not sleeping less than than 3-4hrs/night, and riding all day, everyday in hostile conditions, completely alone 90% of the time.

I think a lot of the guys who do enter, enter looking at the thing through rose-tinted glasses. When they find out its actually a hard grind to finish just one leg, and that it also costs bit of money, that they are going to get hurt and their bikes are going to get hurt, the reality of it all can bite down really hard.

Its a bit like the Dakar in that respect: Everyone wants to be able to say they have done it, but very, very few even get to the start, fewer still finish.

If there was no Baja event this year, undoubtedly there would have been more entrants.
If there was no minimum entry requirement,       there would have been more entrants.
If it cost less,                                                    there would have been more entrants.
If it (put your own reason in here)                      there would have been more entrants.

The nice thing about this is that only a few of us, precious few, are going to be riding the best part of the Southern African desert, in what could be argued to be the toughest rally in Africa. Some of us will be riding for a FREE ticket to compete in the Dakar itself.

All of us except for one will not get that ticket to the Dakar, but we will have gone that much further than 50 million South Africans in the endeavor to get there.

So for me, it's a one in 1,430,000 opportunity. :ricky:

That finisher medal will mean that much more - to me anyway. To have the honour to suffer along with 36 other guys and hopefully overcome the challenge...I love it.

I will also have 36 riders and perhaps another 15 officials who will be much closer friends - brethren even - afterwards.

Rally nut. What could possibly go wrong?
Living the Rally Dream - Ride Report
Current bike: KTM 350 EXC   Previous bikes:  2010 WR450F, 2006 KTM450EXC,KTM 450RR, BMW800GS, KTM450EXC, BMW650 GS, BMW650 Dakar, and Honda XR250

Offline Scrat

• Race Dog
« Reply #279 on: September 19, 2016, 12:40:40 pm »
 :thumleft: :thumleft: :thumleft:

Well said BB!!!

I will be there with you ... working hard for that finishers medal!!  O0 :pot: :ricky: :ricky:
Call us Crazy!! But what an ADVENTURE!!