Motorcycle related ramblings (nonsense really)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2wdrift

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 950 Adventure S
I was just watching some of my old gopro clips and I realised something. I had more outright fun on my old KLR exploring new routes while I was still learning about riding (still am) than I had while riding my 1190R at a huge pace over the same roads. I have learned a lot about riding and my skill level has improved quite a bit but now its like I would love to learn how to ride again. And I would love to start on small bikes again and work my way up to the big bore monsters. Now riding has become a much more serious thing, where I only get the same amount of pleasure while pushing myself again.

I have also noticed that I feel more comfortable riding at speed on larger heavier bikes, perhaps it has something to do with getting a little bit older and quite a bit fatter. All in all I haven't experienced the same childlike excitement on a motorcycle as I did every time I got on a bike while young and a noob in the last three years. Perhaps its from riding too much and being focused on riding bigger faster bikes, or I have become used to riding. It has changed from something to do for fun into something to practice and get better at doing. It may well have become a thing to show off with, or it has become a mundane daily activity.

Dont get me wrong, I love riding bikes and will never give it up voluntarily but it has lost some of the magic for me. Or I have lost something, changed my approach and mindset. I am considering getting a road bike and staying off the dirt for a while until I get the urge to do that kind of riding again.  :eek:

But in any case, just some thoughts that I have been having lately and I was wondering if others have experienced something similar?