Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Suiderstrand accommodation  (Read 2639 times)

Offline Labrat

Suiderstrand accommodation
« on: January 07, 2016, 09:58:34 pm »
Hope this is the right place for this?

I decided that this Dec I going to do the holiday thing but with moer of a surprise found out that you need to do a booking well in advance, so I ask here on the forum if anyone knows of a place  were we can stay, and as you guessed one of the dogs here help me out but this man helped me out big time, Mr Ross and his wife did everything possible to make our stay pleasant at his place in Suiderstrand they really went out of there way to get everything sorted for us, I didn't even needed my camping cot for my little one as they made sure there is one for me at there house.Thank you Ross and Audrey.

Beautiful house that we stayed in.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Offline Labrat

Re: Suiderstrand accommodation
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2016, 10:01:28 pm »

Suiderstrand beach is a pebal beach really something to see

Offline Labrat

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2016, 10:11:16 pm »
About 5km from there you get Cape agulhas and then Struisbaai with a nice sandy beach

I have lots of pictures but I will leave it there, thanks again Ross We will definitely go again
And for those of you looking for palce to take the fam you won't be disappointed, gooi Ross a pm I am sure he will gladly help you out like he did with me.

Offline TinusBez

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2016, 08:25:57 am »
Nice place.

We usually visit Lighthouse villa in Simons Town, Glen Marine area.
Reasonable place, can sleep 8, your home away from home (no afiliation with the owner) best value for money I've found when visiting the Cape.
About 2 years ago we were 4 adults and my two daughters (younger then 4 at the time at paid around 7-8k for I think 10 days if not mistaken, could have been 8.

http://www.creativeholiday.com/accommodation/viewproperty/lighthouse-villa/96
KTM: 500 EXC-F current
KTM: 1190 Adv R Sold
Sweat dries, blood clots and bones heal, Suck it up princess

Offline Rossdog

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2016, 03:06:34 pm »
Thanks for kind words Labrat! We have really fallen in love with Suiderstrand, and we can't wait to get down there again.
'69 Model.

Offline Sláinte Mhaith

« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2016, 04:33:55 pm »

Wow. Memories.
Interesting to see how it developed. 
As a child there was nothing and we used to try and ride a beach buggy on those rocky beaches.
A bit further north west from there is a constant fresh water stream running from under the dunes to the sea.

Offline Rossdog

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2016, 11:30:52 am »

Wow. Memories.
Interesting to see how it developed. 
As a child there was nothing and we used to try and ride a beach buggy on those rocky beaches.
A bit further north west from there is a constant fresh water stream running from under the dunes to the sea.
I haven't had much time to explore, but I'm definitely going to look for that stream you spoke about when I go there again. It's probably inside the National Park now. Did you grow up in this area SM?
'69 Model.

Offline Sláinte Mhaith

« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2016, 07:26:00 pm »
I haven't had much time to explore, but I'm definitely going to look for that stream you spoke about when I go there again. It's probably inside the National Park now. Did you grow up in this area SM?

Don't even know where the National Park is now. Probably is in the Park. Will post a Google image of where I think it might be.

Grootgeword in die voorstede van Kaapstad maar baie vakansies as 'n kind, en later na skool, Struisbaai toe gegaan. George to getrek en dit was 'n lekker halfpad bymekaarkom vir my en vriende van die Kaap.

Offline Sláinte Mhaith

« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2016, 07:40:59 pm »
I think the fresh water is here just before the Private Nature Reserve.
Long walk at about 6km along the beach as I recon the property owners of the two houses on the coast en-route will probably be blocking access by road.

Offline Rossdog

« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2016, 09:50:53 am »
Thanks, I'll check it out in December.
'69 Model.