BRP's don't like being civilised

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kortbroek

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Honda XR650R
The BRP in question was tamed (apparently) by a previous owner. I claim bulsh*t!

It is a lot like the girl you met in the bar, not a bar on the beachfront in Camps bay, rather the one with a name like the Pink Barrel in some plattelandse myndorp in die Vrystaat. She'll fit in at church when you dress her up nicely, even though the tannie next to you has to keep reminding the Oom to keep his eyes up front. Every now and then you'll have a drink at a pleasant establishment, well behaved and pretty lady in tow and next thing you know she's dancing on the bar counter after punching the barman. The BRP is exactly like that.

You give this bike half a chance and it will start undressing itself. Mine does this by eating numberplates. When this bike arrived in my stable it had one of those petite alu number plate bracket things, that one lasted a few months, mostly because I was not around to ride much. After it ate that one the next one lasted all of two days.
Next up I welded it a lekker bracket with some mild steel and got the angle just right so the plate won't get caught on the back wheel.

Fast forward a couple of months to this morning. On the off road section of my daily commute is a small ditch across the track in one place, it always had a lekker lip so I could run across full throttle. Not today. Coming up to said water voor today I noticed as I was about to hit it that some well meaning public servant had cleaned up the voor a bit, no lekker lip to launch from. F@k. Gear down, throttle oop, make sure the front wheel gets across. Airborne, land on front wheel, wrestle the back down fk fk fk. But in true form the BRP took it all in stride with hardly a notice of the moerse hit took and the jockey survived. Lekker man.

A few minutes later I stop at the office. Bliks&m. I'll have to go see my number plate guy again tomorrow.

Attachments

• IMG_20160114_082808.jpg
    IMG_20160114_082808.jpg
    250.7 KB · Views: 574