Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Unveiling of Octavia - Custom G650x  (Read 8831 times)

Offline lecap

Re: Unveiling of Octavia - Custom G650x
« Reply #60 on: March 23, 2016, 07:54:39 am »
After all these posts I looked again, tried my best and still find it fugly, please accept my apology for that.

After all these posts I looked again, tried my best and still find it fugly, please accept my apology for that.

Perhaps the builder should apologize for assaulting our exquisitely sensitive and tasteful senses with this.....uh...thing. :peepwall:

:laughing4:
"If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur." (Red Adair)

Offline Sam

« Reply #61 on: March 23, 2016, 08:53:57 am »
Geez, this thread reminds me of why I don't frequent web forums any more. It's very easy to sit behind a keyboard, make snide comments and criticise. You know what's not easy? Building a stunning, innovative custom motorcycle like this. Y'all need to open your minds a little bit...

Here's some good reading to while away the time while you stroke your beard.....

Offline Sam

Offline the_wes

• Occasional Perpetrator
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: Harley Davidson (all models)
    • Rather be Riding
« Reply #63 on: March 23, 2016, 09:20:13 am »
Ah, the "h" word. Only took 4 pages for that to surface  :sip:

Offline Buddy

« Reply #64 on: March 23, 2016, 10:48:40 am »
Righty-o then! Having art and metalwork as matric subjects, and passing both, as well as having modified and played around with some styling cues on some of the bikes I've had in my life, one of the rules I've stuck to is "form follows function". Now I've seen over the years that some in their effort to create something "new" have gone against this, and been quite radical in their approach (is this why anarchists are sometimes viewed as being quite "popular") - unfortunately it is very seldom that these designs/creations stand the test of time, and become dated.

Personally, I've never liked a coffin plonked on a bike - remember the Kawasaki Z1-R? That was a production bike that had quite a following and it's tank was in the shape of a coffin, but there were some that seemed to like it. Where am I going with this? Quite easy, you could ride the Kawasaki quite comfortably. In Octavia's case, it is not so, so as a design exercise it might work and someone will pay a lot of money for it, which I feel was the point of the grandiose unveiling and the build, but I need to ask "Will it stand the test of time? Where will it be in say 20 years time?"

This is my opinion, and you really don't have to agree with it if you don't want to.   
The Townkraaier of Kraaifontein

Offline jaybiker

• Old school=Old's cool.
  • Bike: BMW R1150GS
« Reply #65 on: March 23, 2016, 01:09:11 pm »
The jury is/are still out.

In fact they've been out for 4 pages now, possibly they've packed up and gone home and I've lost interest in their verdict anyway.
Succumb not to the erosion of those born of unconsecrated union.

"Two Wheels, an engine and a place to sit." What more do you need?

Still Here - amazed and lucky.

Offline Buddy

« Reply #66 on: March 24, 2016, 09:06:11 am »
I suspect the jury is having a braai
The Townkraaier of Kraaifontein