Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Stellenbosch  (Read 1172 times)

Offline edgy

Stellenbosch
« on: January 16, 2016, 10:08:28 am »
I'm taking my daughter down to Stellies tomorrow and will be there for a few days, love to meet some of the local dogs to get the low down on various things. She's very sporty so I need to learn where's the best mountain biking spots, a decent local cycling shop and other such things. Of course more importantly... Where's the best pubs and eating spots for me?
www.astonesthrow.co.za

BEER..."I drink it when I`m happy or when I`m sad. I drink it when I`m alone. When I have company I consider it obligatory. Trifle with it if I`m not hungry and drink it when I am. Otherwise, I never touch it - unless I`m thirsty"

Offline DirtRebell

• Grey hound
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
Re: Stellenbosch
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2016, 10:20:16 am »
Some very nice bike trails around Stellies.

You could also, ofcourse, hook her up with Wooly's triplets. :thumleft:

Offline 2StrokeDan

• a Man of Character
  • Worshond
  • Bike: KTM 690 Adventure
  • Slim like Bill, straight like Steve
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2016, 02:36:12 pm »
We'll chat when we meet.

Lots of leisure place, but also some spots to avoid, even in a small group. Got to unfortunately know these things.

Offline edgy

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2016, 04:05:35 pm »
Hope to meet you soon Dan, this is the thing....where to go and where not! :thumleft:
www.astonesthrow.co.za

BEER..."I drink it when I`m happy or when I`m sad. I drink it when I`m alone. When I have company I consider it obligatory. Trifle with it if I`m not hungry and drink it when I am. Otherwise, I never touch it - unless I`m thirsty"

Online Kortbroek

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2016, 12:32:14 am »
More than welcome to drop me a pm. Know most of the mtb trails and as Dan says, where to be careful and avoid. Any campus related questions, feel free to ask.
- you reckon that thing will pop a wheelie? We're about to find out, SLAP that pig!

Offline edgy

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2016, 06:36:20 am »
More than welcome to drop me a pm. Know most of the mtb trails and as Dan says, where to be careful and avoid. Any campus related questions, feel free to ask.
:thumleft:
www.astonesthrow.co.za

Offline 1ougat

• The Commodore !!!
  • Race Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS HP2
  • The Commodore
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2016, 07:23:09 am »
Sub - I also need that info - but its for me 😄
Make mine a Boxer with a shaft!!!!
2006 R1200 HP2 !!!! - La Poderosa - "The Mighty One"
1965 R50/2
1996 R80 GS PD Classic
2010 1200 GS 1975 Suzuki AC50

Offline Herklaas

• Race Dog
  • Bike: Triumph (all models)
  • Do it, you only live twice.
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2016, 07:35:31 am »
 :sip: Take a drive out to Melkbosstrand, good eating places, ride the Koeberg Nature reserve, free of charge, at least 4 deg. kooler than anywhere in the cape.  :3some:
 (On Friday I counted 71 eland and 45 zebra. Also have 9 blouwilde beeste and 10 gemsbok (they are more to the north and the riders will not really see then, Lotsa springbok, ystervark, rooikat and steenbok and duiker.)
Yamaha 50, Yamaha 400, 2 x Yamaha DR 350 LC, Honda CBX 550 F2, Honda TransAlp 650, Triumph Tiger 800 Xc,
Now 2015 Triumph Tiger 800 Xcx.and.. my favorite... 1996 Yamaha Tenere 660 5 valve single.And, the latest 1989 Yamaha Super Tenere 750.