Rat run to Picketberg

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oilspill

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Triumph (all models)
:thumleft: Huge thanks to Andrew and the team from MHM Triumph Cape Town for a very hot but fantastic day of dirt riding. 455 km, breakfast in Darling after riding some hectic dirt to get there, then dirt to Picketberg for a fuel topup and then lots of excellent dirt (including scary soft sand) ending at the Veldrift hotel.  It was crazy hot as the temp at one point reached 46 degrees.  Worth every minute of it and cannot wait for the next ride.

MHM puts on a great ride at no charge, just as a service to get people riding, whatever they ride. (I also did Die Hel with them late last year). Andrew patiently  guides all along without stupid rules, but makes sure we are all ok and no one gets left behind (Also helps this old fart learn to ride the sand and get the most out of my bike, thanks boet) and then he provides the security of having a MHM bakkie follow us with mechanic and medic in tow (thanks Robyn for adjusting my mirror)

So a great  day riding with a fantastic group of guys, lots of laughs. Not only for Truimph as we had friendly guys on  GS, Yamaha and Klr join us. Highly suggest you ask Andrew to be put on the RAT list or follow on facebook as he has all sorts of day rides, overnight rides, breakfast runs and training planned for this year. I plan to join as many as I can.

Thanks Andrew and everyone for a stunning day. Ok where 2 tomorrow?