Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: TE610 Hyde Bash Plate  (Read 723 times)

Offline Scrat

• Bike: Husqvarna (all models)
TE610 Hyde Bash Plate
« on: January 19, 2016, 08:44:11 am »
Hey all,

Is there anyone that might have a Hyde Bash Plate for a TE/SM610 i can borrow to make a mold from, want to make a carbon fiber bash plate that can hold my 2l water required by Amageza.

Or even a broken Bash plate that i can use?

i currently have the aluminium plate - but want to try a carbon fiber one  :pot:

so ya - just trying my luck here .

thanks
Gerrit
« Last Edit: January 19, 2016, 08:44:48 am by Scrat »
Call us Crazy!! But what an ADVENTURE!!

Offline BiG DoM

• A Grahamstown Greyhound!
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS HP2
  • License Plates: GSpot EC and HUSKY EC
Re: TE610 Hyde Bash Plate
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2016, 11:08:23 am »
How long will it take? I can let you have mine if turnaround time not too long. You pay transport probably R90 each way with Courier Guy. Why not modify the alu one with a tank speak to Niklaus at NL designs maybe?
"Love is the feeling you get when you like something as much as your motorcycle" - Hunter S. Thompson

Scoots: BMW HP2E  Husky 701E  BMW R100S

:ricky:

Offline Scrat

• Bike: Husqvarna (all models)
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2016, 11:31:16 am »
mmm thanks BG ... let me see what i can sort out with Niklaus  :pot:
I forgot about the man!!  ::)
Call us Crazy!! But what an ADVENTURE!!

Offline subie

• Local Mods
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: Yamaha XT660
  • Liberalism is the ideology of Western suicide.
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2016, 03:04:27 pm »
Hey all,

Is there anyone that might have a Hyde Bash Plate for a TE/SM610 i can borrow to make a mold from, want to make a carbon fiber bash plate that can hold my 2l water required by Amageza.

Or even a broken Bash plate that i can use?

i currently have the aluminium plate - but want to try a carbon fiber one  :pot:

so ya - just trying my luck here .

thanks
Gerrit

Interesting I am busy doing research now for something similar on my Xt660R. My Hyde bashplate is finished after 3 years. Also thinking of using my old bashplate to make a mold. Not to keen on the carbon fibre route with al the vacume bagging and baking involved.  Still thinking just fibreglass matting maybe with an epoxy resin.
Should be easy to repair . Matt  black dye in the resin I am thinking,don't want shiny. Shiny CF finish will look very pretty though.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2016, 03:05:28 pm by subie »
As time washes by, our footprints are all for naught

Offline BiG DoM

• Bachelor Dog
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2016, 07:14:13 pm »
Subie - what part of the Hyde bash plate is finished? The only ones I have seen trashed are off extreme enduro guys bikes that have done like two Roofs and a season of Nationals!? And even then they are only worn through at the knuckle points of the frame and can be repaired (I say this from experience with my son  ;)) I have hammered my Hyde on my TE610 and G450X without issue.
"Love is the feeling you get when you like something as much as your motorcycle" - Hunter S. Thompson

Offline subie

• Local Mods
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: Yamaha XT660
  • Liberalism is the ideology of Western suicide.
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2016, 07:26:58 pm »
Subie - what part of the Hyde bash plate is finished? The only ones I have seen trashed are off extreme enduro guys bikes that have done like two Roofs and a season of Nationals!? And even then they are only worn through at the knuckle points of the frame and can be repaired (I say this from experience with my son  ;)) I have hammered my Hyde on my TE610 and G450X without issue.

My Hyde has done 42000km  mostly fast dirt roads. It has taken some heavy knocks. Two bolts holding
the bottom rear  (they are flush below surface of plate ) has been ripped out with plastic and all. Lap and plak a few times and eventually built up with fibre glass and this is still solid. Remember the XT has the two
hot exhaust running close  (5mm in places ) to the bashplate. The heat has distorted and even melted the plate in places. Not a good design for the XT 660R . The way it fastens and running too close to the pipes.
I have doctored this bash plate along for awhile ,it is looking very battered and time for a new one.
Would love to get a hyde again as I believe it is far superior to anything alu out there. Just seems a scarce item.
As time washes by, our footprints are all for naught

Offline BiG DoM

• Bachelor Dog
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2016, 10:25:45 pm »
OK does sound like it has had a good innings  :big grin: It is true some of the enduro bash plates also melt at the straps if they get very very hot and at times I have felt a bit more attention to detail and finish as well as fitting instructions would help. That said still a great product. You would get a new one if you want as even the scarcer ones are made to order within a week - just speak to a supplier. Maybe some of that heat shield tape inside at the hot-spots may help? The advantage for me of Hyde is that the slide over things rather than hook up like alu. Alu also tends to magnify engine noise. Alu does though sometimes look better but for function Hyde wins imo.