I need to borrow a bike for a weekend

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iamgigglz

Grey Hound
WD Supporter
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 990 Adventure
My best mate of 20 years is emmigrating at the end of March. He and I are riding buddies from high school days, but he has recently been without a bike as his pocketbook couldn't quite stretch to a car AND a bike.

The two of us, plus two others, want to go camping one last time, and it would mean the world to us if we could all be on bikes. We did a trip last year with the three bikes we own (Transalp, 800XC, 1190) and it worked out ok but a fourth bike, no matter how small, would change things dramatically.

We're all relaxed riders, the trip would be max 200km of easy dirt roads each way (I'm thinking somewhere between Loskop and Dullstroom)  and the bike wouldn't be carrying any luggage or pillion so we don't need anything big. Sure, if you have a spare F800GS lying around then great, but TW200 or something would be perfect. Even a 125 is cool. As long as it runs reliably and can sort-of pass for being roadworthy I'm happy.

Obviously the bike would be returned in same or better condition, aside from an extra 400km on the clock.
He doesn't have a license right now but if I get a positive response here then he'll go get his learners so it's all nice & legal.

It's a long shot, I know, but there's no harm in asking.