Check your pressures...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Geel Kat

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
NER-A-CAR
So Carmen and her evil twin Carma (most of us know them as the Karma sisters) got hold of me today, and this after one of the most well behaved Januaries of my life  ::)

Had to go to Stellenbosch this morning around 11:00, and when I stopped in Stellies I noticed this...

Resized_IMG_0298_zpsavx2nyum.jpg

Resized_IMG_0299_zps1eh8xe4u.jpg

It is clearly heat related, so what were the parameters today?

- Pressure (I need to check when cold, it was 2.8 bar when I stopped, I expect it to be around 2.5 cooled off, will see this evening)
- Speed (did not go faster than 140km/h but also did the stretch from Melkbos on N7 and N1 to Klipheuwel mostly at that speed)
- Load (just me on the bike, no pillion, no luggage)
- Temperature (not really sure, definitely high 30's touching on 40 I think - I do not believe the S-Ten temperature to be accurate indication since it measures at the air intake as far as I know)

This is a first for me, have never had something like this happen to me, but then I also always ride with a rear tyre with pressure of 2.8 bar upwards, if it is hot or if I carry any load I will go 3 bar - cold pressure.