Knopkop and tankgirl sliding through the Eastern Cape (Beware - Lots of Pics!)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 1090 Adventure R
The time had come for another proper bike trip. I rode my motorbike back form Zambia as I really did not get time to ride in Zambia, and being unemployed for a while gave me the perfect opportunity to do some chilling, relaxing, full time beer drinking and also a bit of riding!

The plan was to start in Stilbaai, and head east to visit family in Jeffrey’s Bay and then move further east to visit more family in Kenton-on-Sea and then have a bit of a beach holiday in Kenton. Then I would head further east and return back to Pretoria via Transkei and Lesotho.

Initially the plan was to do the trip solo, but then I chatted to tankgirl, and she was in the mood for a bike trip, so a plan was hacked, routes were slightly altered, and suddenly we were two souls ready for action in the Eastern Cape!
Please note that all photos in this ride report was taken with cell phones, edited with a free app and all the video was taken with these two phones and a GoPro.

On the way down to Stilbaai a few stops were made, but overall the trip down was long, hot and dry!
Had a stop in Kimberley for a quick beer at the Star of the West

In Victoria West they know how to pour a proper Captain Morgan!

I have been through Meiringspoort a few times, but never actually stopped to have a look at the waterfall. It is pretty impressive and I would advise anyone to have a stop, do the short walk and have a look at this beautiful waterfall.

I left Stilbaai at first light and made my way east via the 7 passes road between George and Knysna

But I first had to do the tourist thing and get a picture of the railway line at Wilderness

This is the first time that I have done the 7 passes road and it is really a very pretty road to do. I was the only person on the entire road and did not see one single other car or bike, just a few mountain bikers. It was the 24th of December and I was very happy to not be swamped by 1000’s of holiday makers, which was of course until I hit Knysna a later the morning!

From Knysna I took Kom se Pad via the forests, all the way up to De Vlugt where I stopped for a beer at Angie’s G-Spot

I could see the weather coming in just before I reached De Vlugt, but luckily I did not get any rain……for now that is…..

After Jeffrey’s Bay, I headed east in with a terrible side wind, all the way to Kenton……I flippen HATE wind on a bike, specially a cold side wind! Stopped for quick picture at the Wireless Bungee Bridge

Then I got to Kenton-on-Sea, my favourite place in the world! I have been visiting Kenton-on-Sea since I was born and my mom still lives there, so the next days were spent drinking lots of beer, spending loads of time on the beach getting sunburnt, and more beer drinking. I had the privilege of meeting up with Metaljockey, Nardus and Brian with their families for a few beers and lots of kak praat on the Boesmans River. It was great to meet you guys and thanks for the beers and lekker kuier!!
I will just post a few pics of my time in Kenton and surrounds where I did a short ride around the Woody Cape / Kinkelbos / Addo area.

Then it was time to do some repairs, my front fender broke so I had to do some Q-Bonding….