Wake The F£@& Up!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DREWMARX

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Honda XR650R
Fellow dogs,

The reason for the lewd Subject is to draw attention to a serious matter! I always, everyday see posts on Facebook, here Jakaranda raising funds and connecting good hearted people with people who have fallen on hard times, people are always "begging" or "pleading" for help, and yes it is our duty as Human Beings, regardless of faith or religion to help others in need. But, and this is where I am going to get stoned and KAKKED out by 99% of society, we also have a duty sometimes to be hard and cold hearted, and have a RESPONSIBILITY to wake people the F up. Insurance is expensive, but it is their for a reason. You, everyone of us, have an obligation and responsibility to our friends, families and society at large not to become a burden to any of them because of our own selfishness and irresponsible actions, and blatant lack of foresight.

I don't have a wife or kids, I have family members and I have friends, but I also have some debt, and I also have the responsibility to NOT put my friends, family and society in a position to care for me financially when shit hits the fan, and God Forbid I crash my bike and end up in a wheelchair or a vegitative state. I cannot expect my parents, who paid good and hard earned money to raise me, to pay for my schooling and further education, and everything else, I cannot expect them to care for me again, to fork out large sums of cash for medical bills and treatment, and living expenses, because my broke lazy and selfish self didn't take the time to consider my family, friends or loved ones. You, know, I'm bullet proof, or ag man, it won't happen to me, or I'll be careful. F that man, I do not have respect for anyone who goes out drinking or on breakfast runs or spends cash on leisure activities, and then complain Insurance costs are too high, or saying stupid things like insurance companies get rich off our backs, screw them, or being naive enough to believe they are immune to tragedy, or thinking selfishly that their friends and family are there should anything happen. How many times have you seen posts on social media about someone who has fallen on hard times, who has this dribbling sad tale of how life has turned against him/her, their car was in a crash and they can't afford to fix it, because it wasn't insured because he didn't have money to pay for it, but that same oke smokes like a steam train and is at every lekker boere fees and bike rally or breakfast run, there is always geld for a lekker time, almost like a student always has money for booze and petrol, but in the case of a student, your folks were paying your vehicle insurance and your rent, and medical aid etc.

I know I am generalizing and their are cases where the above might not apply, but that is the exception to the rule. Why can your friends pay medical aid, and pay life and disability insurance, or serious illness cover, pay vehicle and car insurance and invest in income protection. Why can they budget and say, no, I will not and cannot drink this weekend or go to this Bash or do this rally or breakfast run, because they Know they have to care for their families and make sure they are protected and covered should anything bad happen to them. Man, you always read about a family who lost their main breadwinner, and are now out on the street because the rent for this month wasn't paid, and now have to live in a caravan behind aunt stienies spoorweg house, now pleading for help and relying on the bleeding hearts of society to help them out. How often do you here of people living hand to mouth, regardless of earning R10k a month or R50k a month, people are selfis by nature, and don't kid yourself by saying this isn't true. If you had to choose between rescuing your own kid or your neighbours kid, who would you choose? Who's life is worth more? We can't help it. But, you can limit your own risk and the risk of your loved ones and society in general.

Take a long hard look at yourself and make some decisions, do you really want to leave your family with nothing, do you really want to become a burden to your friends and family, do you really want to live out your days if you become disabled on someones couch or in their living room, and depend on hand-outs from neighbours or from friends. It is not Fair to them or to yourself. No, I am NOT an insurance salesman, I am someone who believes we should not become a burden to others, and I strongly believe we need to get our priorities right! I am not saying do not enjoy your money, I am saying TAKE CARE OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES AND PRIORITIES before you "enjoy" life. Just like when you were a child, your dad said you can go play with your mates when you've finished your chores or whatever, insurance and protecting your loved ones and friends from the risk you are inherently putting on them for being a BIKER is a responsibility you MUST take care of above else. If needs be, then change your lifestyle and take a step back, don't live as high and throw as much cash around as you do currently, make sure you are covered, your family is covered and everyone is protected in the very sad event when something does happen to you.

I get so pissed off when okes with expensive bikes or cars, with good or at least decent paying jobs are injured, killed or disabled, and then leave their families with nothing, actually less than nothing, because in the unfortunate event of NOT dying you leave them with nothing, and the additional burden of having to care for you. Do NOT be that Guy, Wake the F Up! Your friends, family and society will always step in, will always help, we have no choice, so this is only a plea to not put this burden on friends, family and society, take care of your responsibilities, wake up, be less selfish, prioritize. Is that new better luggage rack worth it, that new 800GS, is it really worth trading in your XR for it and  paying R3500/month and not paying your medical aid and insurance because "you can't afford it"?

Rant over. Let the mud slinging begin.......

Regards

Drew