YOUR THOUGHTS PLEASE--1150 GSA--relatively LOW KM---KEEP / SELL / SWOP??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PaulSA

Pack Dog
WD Supporter
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1150GS Adventure
Hi All 1150 brothers

I know that this may seem silly to some---and some may snigger---But I would appreciate your input please.

I commute /off-road with a (now) high mileage 1150 GSA = "Shrek"

I have another (relatively) low km (+/-72 000km) 1150 GSA in excellent condition with full original pannier set  = "Donkey"

Shrek is actually set up/specced as my off-road bike, and Donkey was supposed to be my commuter
---but then I decided to save Donkey as a possible collectors item,
and have been riding Shrek every day,
with Donkey no longer getting used--(just stands in the garage preserving km)

Questions

Do I sell Donkey to a collector/someone dying to get their hands on a low km 1150 GSA--and purchase another 1150GSA=non collectors item or-maybe purchase an older, low km 1200GSA to replace my present commuter--(Shrek then gets used as off-road only)

(I feel really bad about Donkey just standing there--not getting ridden)

OR

Do I use Donkey as my commuter--forget about low km collectorship value? (Shrek then gets used every so often to commute--but general off-road)

OR

Do I maintain the status quo--Ride Shrek until he's finished--keep Donkey standing--with the occasional ride---waiting to take over the commuter role?

Just had another thought!!

Maybe 72 000km is NOT low km, and I'm stupid thinking that it's a collectors item?

Your Thoughts??