Giving praise where due - Julian of Superbike Solutions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wayne Duck

Race Dog
Reaction score
No fixed address...Travelling Southern Africa in a
Hi,

I have not posted here for a long, long time due to me busy with a major lifestyle change...but more of that in another post that I will get around to writing sometime. This post is to praise a good guy who gives honest, good service.

On Friday 12th my wife and I had just arrived in "Die Strand", Cape when my bike, a 2010 990R which has carried us across all Southern African countries for the past five years and 57 000km, unceremoniously had clutch failure  :(
A chap on a BMW road bike by the name of Russel stopped to see if he could help, and suggested the closest workshop was Julian at Superbike Solutions. I then remembered that two years ago I had met Julian when he re-mapped my 990R and I still had his number in my phone.

Julian immediately said he'd send one of his staff to collect us and bike. When we reached his shop Julian had already called KTM Cape Town to find out if they had a slave cylinder in stock just in case this was the problem. They had no stock though. After removing the goodies they found that the problem was a broken cir-clip...rusted through due to water ingress and had snapped. A new circlip, clutch fluid top up and bleed and our problem was solved!  ;D

Then, Julian would not charge me anything, which I could not accept. Fetching us from the side of the road, repairing the problem, etc. costs time and therefore money, so he relented and drew up a small invoice which I happily settled.

Thanks Julian once again for your great service!  :)

Wayne