BOEGOEBERG 4X4 TRAIL Reccie

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andy660

Grey Hound
WD Supporter
Reaction score
Bike
Yamaha XT 660 Z
I`d heard of Boegoeberg 4x4 Trail some time ago and decided to take a ride out there and see if it would make a lekker ride and a good venue for us to sleep over at.

I smsd Snafu as he knows the owner quite well having stayed there a few times.
Sybrie and his wife Julize , very nice people.

And the camps details are :
From Cape Town take the N7 north. Turn left at Paleisheuwel signpost 10 km before Clanwilliam. Drive for 12 km and turn right at the Graafwater signpost. After 7 km turn left at Boegoeberg 4×4. The farm is 3 km down the road.

To book your spot at this popular camping site give Sybrie or Julize a call on

Telephone Number +27 (0)27 482-2933
Fax Number 086-604-9874
Cellphone Number +27 (0)83 632-2634

I called him the day before on his cell phone and asked if he minded if I pop in , being a Sunday and all.
Not a problem he said , just give me a tinckle from the gate and I will pop up from the farm.

Anyway , when Mark b and I got there , He and his wife were already waiting on the stoep by the pool.

STOEP

POOL

We rode from Cape Town to Malmsbury on tar , then past the Police Station onto the dirt, all the way to Moorreessberg , seeing quite a few Steen bokkies along the way , one that wasn’t quick enough was lying dead in the road., shame !.

Roads all a little sandy due to the lack of rain , but still very lekker , just ride a bit faster and its cool..

We took a left turn at the top of Piekenesekloof (oposit Kadoesie)and did some tar, before taking the old Paeisheuwel road right, a bit of tar at first , then a lekker kak piece of dirt road.

Anyway back to Boegoeberg Campsite

The Lapa

The Donkie which supplies the heat for the showers.

Campsites all have electicity

Very clean showers & Ablution facilities

Sybrie tells me that only last weekend they shot parts of the  LOOK WHAT YOU MISSING Adventure series on his farm , With Warren Elwood  & Henk

I beleive on the one corner approaching the camp, one of the Movie actors bought a pice of ground there, its call Henks se hoekie now !

Anyway , we gave our thanks after getting stuck there for 2hrs , and would have loved to have stayed longer , but we still had to go to a long way.

PS, SYBRIE says , his Best Campers have always been the ADVENTURE BIKERS that come there !

Here is BOEGOEBERG 4x4 Trail Camps contact details.

From Cape Town take the N7 north. Turn left at Paleisheuwel signpost 10 km before Clanwilliam. Drive for 12 km and turn right at the Graafwater signpost. After 7 km turn left at Boegoeberg 4×4. The farm is 3 km down the road.

To book your spot at this popular camping site give Sybrie or Julize a call on

Telephone Number +27 (0)27 482-2933
Fax Number 086-604-9874
Cellphone Number +27 (0)83 632-2634

So it was Graafwater , then on to Eilandsbay, where the Hotel was prop vol , for a change.
So we ate at the little surf shop instead.
Then hit the road to Kapteinskloof , All Tar Now, Darn , that was a lekker kak dirt road before , better than the tar though.

Kapteinsloof wasn’t too bad, not too much sand,.
Turned Right onto the Vioolsdrift road for 2 km , then left onto that lekker sandy road down top the Berg river to cross the bridge.
Then up to Koringberg, down the N to Moorreessberg , refuelled , Grond pad to Darling , Altlantis road, Melkbos then home.

550km and lekker tiered.

I will load the gps route later.
And the GPS pic
Very enjoyable day , always made better with good company.

Thanks Markb , always good to ride with you.

Both with Identical 2014 Blue XT660Z Teneres