Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: WSB World Super Bike 2016  (Read 13630 times)

Offline TheBear

• Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1150GS Adventure
  • Die Ruiter sal KilRoy regruk
Re: WSB World Super Bike 2016
« Reply #40 on: February 29, 2016, 05:32:51 pm »
Super stock is only for European rounds

Yep.   Due to the cost factor,  Superstock 600 and 1000 as well as the Junior Cup only race in Europe.
#BB33 #BRADICAL!
#DB40 #DIVEBOMB!
#SO4 #FULLGAS!

Offline RobD

« Reply #41 on: March 01, 2016, 10:08:36 am »
Kinda hope Hayden does better....losing P3 like that was soft ...he should of fought harder

He should have, but maybe he felt a safe 4th is better than an arse scrubbing in the kitty litter. 

Enjoyed the racing! Hated the new 2 day format! Rea and Sykes ding what they did last year..... Hope the Yammies get competitive real soon.... Nice to see Hayden in the mix in race two....maws hoping he would be on the podium... I love his outlook and philosophy!!

Offline TheBear

• Bachelor Dog
« Reply #42 on: March 01, 2016, 10:40:11 am »
! Hated the new 2 day format!

+1!
#BB33 #BRADICAL!
#DB40 #DIVEBOMB!
#SO4 #FULLGAS!

Offline TheBear

• Bachelor Dog
« Reply #43 on: March 11, 2016, 04:29:45 pm »
Wow!  After Free Practise 1 and 2 in Thailand some very interesting names through to Superpole 2.  Top 4 makes us sit up and take notice.

Superpole 2

1 60 M. VAN DER MARK NED Honda World Superbike Team Honda CBR1000RR SP 1'34.629
2 50 S. GUINTOLI FRA Pata Yamaha Official WorldSBK Team Yamaha YZF R1 1'34.811
3 81 J. TORRES ESP Althea BMW Racing Team BMW S1000 RR 1'35.217
4 22 A. LOWES GBR Pata Yamaha Official WorldSBK Team Yamaha YZF R1 1'35.224
5 1 J. REA GBR Kawasaki Racing Team Kawasaki ZX-10R 1'35.314
6 69 N. HAYDEN USA Honda World Superbike Team Honda CBR1000RR SP 1'35.344
7 66 T. SYKES GBR Kawasaki Racing Team Kawasaki ZX-10R 1'35.406
8 7 C. DAVIES GBR Aruba.it Racing - Ducati Ducati 1199 Panigale R 1'35.461
9 34 D. GIUGLIANO ITA Aruba.it Racing - Ducati Ducati 1199 Panigale R 1'35.479
10 21 M. REITERBERGER GER Althea BMW Racing Team BMW S1000 RR 1'35.498
#BB33 #BRADICAL!
#DB40 #DIVEBOMB!
#SO4 #FULLGAS!

Offline TheBear

• Bachelor Dog
« Reply #44 on: March 12, 2016, 10:17:35 pm »
Race 1, sadly much of what we saw last year.  Kawas running away with it rather easily.  Ducatis in there till their riders seem to wanna kill each other.  Nice to see the Honda's providing some competition.  Pity vd Mark screwing up and Hayden's bike packing up.  Really nice to see the Yamahas and BMWs in the top 10.  Competition looking like it may heat up a tad as the other get their act together.
#BB33 #BRADICAL!
#DB40 #DIVEBOMB!
#SO4 #FULLGAS!

Offline Serfie

« Reply #45 on: March 14, 2016, 08:15:40 am »
Race 1, sadly much of what we saw last year.  Kawas running away with it rather easily.  Ducatis in there till their riders seem to wanna kill each other.  Nice to see the Honda's providing some competition.  Pity vd Mark screwing up and Hayden's bike packing up.  Really nice to see the Yamahas and BMWs in the top 10.  Competition looking like it may heat up a tad as the other get their act together.

As you say TB...slightly boring during race 1 and somewhat better during race 2's later stages with Rea trying to pass Sykes. Nice to see that the Honda can be challenging again and looks like Yamaha will be much improved by the middle part of the season. Rea was certainly not very diplomatic when during the race interview he mentioned that Sykes was blocking him in the corners when he tried to overtake  ??? I'm too stupid to see that during the race...didn't quite know what he meant.
“So much of life can never be explained…it can only be witnessed and experienced…but above all...life just goes on…no matter what!!”

Previous bikes - 1980 XL125S: 1986 IT200: 1989 XT250:  1999 Africa Twin 750XLV: 2011 XR250 Tornado: 1999 XJR900 Diversion:  1996 Varadero XL1000V: 2007 Transalp 650 : 2015 Kawasaki Versys KLZ 1000
Currently - 2008 KLR650 / 2008 DR650 / 2015 SYM CROX 125 /  2014 BMW F700GS

Offline TheBear

• Bachelor Dog
« Reply #46 on: March 14, 2016, 09:52:35 am »

As you say TB...slightly boring during race 1 and somewhat better during race 2's later stages with Rea trying to pass Sykes. Nice to see that the Honda can be challenging again and looks like Yamaha will be much improved by the middle part of the season. Rea was certainly not very diplomatic when during the race interview he mentioned that Sykes was blocking him in the corners when he tried to overtake  ??? I'm too stupid to see that during the race...didn't quite know what he meant.

I didn't see Sykes doing anything untoward.  Not sure what Rea meant either.

Sadly, even after Race 2, it seems this season is in danger of becoming yet another Kawa year.  That being said, it is awesome to see the Yamies, Hondas, Beemers running in the top 10 consistently.  Competitive by WSBK standards, be alas, those Kawas are a tall man's step ahead.

#BB33 #BRADICAL!
#DB40 #DIVEBOMB!
#SO4 #FULLGAS!

Offline Bus

• 'Tsek!!!
  • Race Dog
  • Bike: Husaberg (all models)
  • Fokken Main Moegoe
« Reply #47 on: March 15, 2016, 08:52:31 am »
Sykes was blocking him in the corners when he tried to overtake  ???

Isnt that how racing works?  ::)

Bad loser
Maak soos Dr Phil sę: "Hou op om 'n do0s te wees..."

Offline bud500

• RIP dear friend
  • Global Moderator
  • Grey hound
  • Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
« Reply #48 on: March 15, 2016, 08:56:53 am »
Sykes was blocking him in the corners when he tried to overtake  ???

Isnt that how racing works?  ::)

Bad loser

Exactly.
Sykes took in a lesson from Race 1 and adjusted his strategy in race 2. Clever riding.
Live like someone left the gate open.

Offline bud500

• RIP dear friend
  • Global Moderator
  • Grey hound
  • Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
« Reply #49 on: March 15, 2016, 09:06:47 am »

Sadly, even after Race 2, it seems this season is in danger of becoming yet another Kawa year.  That being said, it is awesome to see the Yamies, Hondas, Beemers running in the top 10 consistently.  Competitive by WSBK standards, be alas, those Kawas are a tall man's step ahead.

I think race 2 was brilliant. Yes the Kawas still have the upperhand, but the others aren't far off. Its a promising sign that the Honda has got the top end. Sounds like they still need to manage a few software challenges though, as both VDM and #69 referred to the wrong settings in certain corners, i.e. the bike getting lost on track.

In my opinion, Rea was referring to Sykes braking late and then delaying his acceleration from the apex by a millisecond, thereby upsetting Rea's line, corner exit and subsequant speed on the following straight. I think Sykes adopted this strategy after some serious post race analyses between Saturday and Sunday.
That is why we saw some desperate lunges from Rea in the latter stages of Race 2.

All of the above is awesome for us.  :thumleft:
Live like someone left the gate open.

Offline TheBear

• Bachelor Dog
« Reply #50 on: March 15, 2016, 09:11:00 am »

I think race 2 was brilliant. Yes the Kawas still have the upperhand, but the others aren't far off. Its a promising sign that the Honda has got the top end. Sounds like they still need to manage a few software challenges though, as both VDM and #69 referred to the wrong settings in certain corners, i.e. the bike getting lost on track.

In my opinion, Rea was referring to Sykes braking late and then delaying his acceleration from the apex by a millisecond, thereby upsetting Rea's line, corner exit and subsequant speed on the following straight. I think Sykes adopted this strategy after some serious post race analyses between Saturday and Sunday.
That is why we saw some desperate lunges from Rea in the latter stages of Race 2.

It seems that the rule changes over the past three years are paying off. 

Being a bit of a Yamaha fan, I was hoping to see the Yamahas knock 5 minutes a lap of the Kawas.   :ricky:

Now I am disappointed they are not.  In reality, it will be nice to see Ducati, Honda, Yamaha and BMW develop over the season though.
#BB33 #BRADICAL!
#DB40 #DIVEBOMB!
#SO4 #FULLGAS!

Offline RobD

« Reply #51 on: March 15, 2016, 12:48:11 pm »

Quite correct bud, and although I'm a Rea fan (been one for years) Sykes played it well and was within his rights to do just that! :thumleft:

Offline Gryshond

• Race Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
« Reply #52 on: March 15, 2016, 01:32:25 pm »

It was a great race 2, I must say there were some wild swerves from Sykes during the latter stages in order to block Rae. I know in car GP if you adjust your line twice it is considered blocking but in MotoGP I have never seen it penalized.
Rae was anyway his own worst enemy, he was well past and had made the pass stick when he then ran wide and let Sykes through again.

Offline evansv

« Reply #53 on: March 15, 2016, 06:57:57 pm »
 :sip:
DT 125, GSX 750 ES, XJ 900, KX 125, YZ 250, WR 200, RMX 250 (280 kit), FZ-6, 2006, DT 125 LC (rear ended by Fortuner - written off), DT200R (current), KTM 625 SXC (sold), KTM 690 Enduro R (current)

Offline TheBear

• Bachelor Dog
« Reply #54 on: April 02, 2016, 10:38:37 am »
As the "groot kanonne" prepare for Aragon, in the lower classes, 4 Saffer boys are preparing to do battle.

Junior Cup:

FP1:

Dorren Loreiro: 2
Troy Bezuidenhout: 10
Byron Bester: 16

FP2:

Dorren Loreiro:  1
Troy Bezuidenhout 10
Byron Bester: 14

Superstock 1000:

Dave McFadden:

FP1: 14
FP2: 25
#BB33 #BRADICAL!
#DB40 #DIVEBOMB!
#SO4 #FULLGAS!

Offline Serfie

« Reply #55 on: April 03, 2016, 12:53:17 pm »
 Ja well no fine...quite boring 1st race at Aragon, except for the first few opening laps...BUT WHOA...the pace of the Ducati of Davies...unreal!

Lets see what happens now in race 2...prolly much of the same.

Bear...do you perhaps have a comparison somewhere of the LAPTIMES of WSS versus Moto2?...seeing that they are all 600cc bikes.
“So much of life can never be explained…it can only be witnessed and experienced…but above all...life just goes on…no matter what!!”

Previous bikes - 1980 XL125S: 1986 IT200: 1989 XT250:  1999 Africa Twin 750XLV: 2011 XR250 Tornado: 1999 XJR900 Diversion:  1996 Varadero XL1000V: 2007 Transalp 650 : 2015 Kawasaki Versys KLZ 1000

Offline Serfie

« Reply #56 on: April 03, 2016, 01:39:04 pm »
Mmhhh...just as I thought.
Did we perhaps witnessed a kink in Rea's armour under the pressure from Sykes?
Mind boggling how Ducati performance bettered since one racing meeting ago.

Does anybody perhaps know whether Kawasaki ever tried Motogp before?....seeing that they are quite dominant in all other forms of bike racing currently?

Offline RobD

« Reply #57 on: April 03, 2016, 10:31:44 pm »
Mmhhh...just as I thought.
Did we perhaps witnessed a kink in Rea's armour under the pressure from Sykes?
Mind boggling how Ducati performance bettered since one racing meeting ago.

Does anybody perhaps know whether Kawasaki ever tried Motogp before?....seeing that they are quite dominant in all other forms of bike racing currently?

They have.... Without much success?

Offline Serfie

« Reply #58 on: April 04, 2016, 07:48:52 am »
Do you remember when this was Rob?

Offline RobD

« Reply #59 on: April 04, 2016, 08:33:15 am »
Do you remember when this was Rob?

It was a long time ago Serfie, if I recall, around 10 or11 years maybe?

I know they started on a base  ZX10 but eventually had a full blown GP bike....
« Last Edit: April 04, 2016, 10:42:15 am by RobD »