Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: WSB World Super Bike 2016  (Read 13588 times)

Offline TheBear

• Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1150GS Adventure
  • Die Ruiter sal KilRoy regruk
Re: WSB World Super Bike 2016
« Reply #100 on: May 16, 2016, 11:04:19 am »
Race one was a bit boring again, taking nothing away from Sikes's performance. I wonder why when it gets like that at the front, they don't focus a little more on the mid field battles going on.

How were those off the back of the bike shots during race two. The guy behind seems to be in a constant jet of water coming of the rear wheel of the front bike, almost like someone has a hosepipe directed at him.

Happy for Haydon as well.

This is why watching a race live is so awesome.  You can follow the excellent dices going on toward the back.  On TV, if you watch the list on the left you often see massive and constant position changes for the lower places.  They never make it onto TV.  A few races ago the four Beemers were going at each other hammers and thongs for 10th place.  I could follow that on live timing.  On TV, just the odd reference. 
#BB33 #BRADICAL!
#DB40 #DIVEBOMB!
#SO4 #FULLGAS!

Offline Warren Ellwood

« Reply #101 on: May 23, 2016, 05:56:12 pm »
"Before you speak, ask yourself, is it kind, is it necessary, is it true, and does it improve on the silence?"

Offline TheBear

• Bachelor Dog
« Reply #102 on: May 23, 2016, 06:45:55 pm »
Another Saffer back on the world stage.

http://www.crash.net/wsbk/news/230688/1/morais-returns-to-wsbk-with-grillini.html

Great news.  He joins the list here:

http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?topic=191440.0

Meanwhile, Top Gun Racing is setting up on the Isle of Man and AJ Venter is packing his bags to go join them for the 2016 IoM TT!
#BB33 #BRADICAL!
#DB40 #DIVEBOMB!
#SO4 #FULLGAS!

Offline Serfie

« Reply #103 on: June 01, 2016, 10:24:21 am »
Well...WSBK racing at Donnington last weekend was an all out Tom Sykes affair with JR experiencing problems with false neutrals. Chaz Davies really buggered his chances of staying in contention with his crash in race 1.
“So much of life can never be explained…it can only be witnessed and experienced…but above all...life just goes on…no matter what!!”

Previous bikes - 1980 XL125S: 1986 IT200: 1989 XT250:  1999 Africa Twin 750XLV: 2011 XR250 Tornado: 1999 XJR900 Diversion:  1996 Varadero XL1000V: 2007 Transalp 650 : 2015 Kawasaki Versys KLZ 1000
Currently - 2008 KLR650 / 2008 DR650 / 2015 SYM CROX 125 /  2014 BMW F700GS

Offline Cracker

• Grey hound
  • Bike: KTM 950 Adventure S
  • Top Biscuit!
« Reply #104 on: June 20, 2016, 07:45:58 am »
No comments at all?

You lot must have thought it as boring as I did ..............................

Don't let fear hold you back ..... take it with you!

Offline Serfie

« Reply #105 on: June 20, 2016, 09:10:21 am »
Cracker...you prolly referring to the races in Italy this weekend...ja well...no fine...it was not the most exciting of SBK races I have seen, but there were interesting aspects. The dice between Rea and Sykes in both races was quite exciting, the various crashes throughout the weekend, and the interesting fact that Rossi attended the WSB as well...as he came onto the track at the end of the Superstock race to sympathize with er er er cant remember his name, but was a fellow Italian who took himself and another guy out at the last corner of the final lap whilst they were first and second.

For the rest it was rather non exciting (not really boring though) . One must admit that Rea seems to be really in super form...cannot but help to wonder how he will do in a top MotoGP team? Perhaps Bear can make some relevant comments in this regard?
“So much of life can never be explained…it can only be witnessed and experienced…but above all...life just goes on…no matter what!!”

Previous bikes - 1980 XL125S: 1986 IT200: 1989 XT250:  1999 Africa Twin 750XLV: 2011 XR250 Tornado: 1999 XJR900 Diversion:  1996 Varadero XL1000V: 2007 Transalp 650 : 2015 Kawasaki Versys KLZ 1000

Offline Bus

• 'Tsek!!!
  • Race Dog
  • Bike: Husaberg (all models)
  • Fokken Main Moegoe
« Reply #106 on: June 20, 2016, 09:14:53 am »
Rea did race in MotoGP on a Honda, when Stoner was injured in 2012.

Did alright-ish, 7th & 8th place.

Then back to SBK
« Last Edit: June 20, 2016, 09:16:54 am by Bus »
Maak soos Dr Phil sê: "Hou op om 'n do0s te wees..."

Offline Serfie

« Reply #107 on: June 20, 2016, 09:20:05 am »
Oh okay...thanks Bus. Didn't know that. Only really got involved in WSB and MotoGP affairs as of end 2014 when I obtained DSTV.  :thumleft:

Offline Bus

• 'Tsek!!!
  • Race Dog
  • Fokken Main Moegoe
« Reply #108 on: June 20, 2016, 09:23:26 am »
I would love if Kawa can come back to MotoGP with Rea as their pilot.

I know that he is keen on a switch to MotoGP, but it would only be on a competitive setup

Understandable, Id also rather be fighting for podiums in SBK than fighting for top 10 in MotoGP.

Offline bud500

• RIP dear friend
  • Global Moderator
  • Grey hound
  • Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
« Reply #109 on: June 20, 2016, 11:05:27 am »

Not sure if the current economic state in the world would allow this.
Then again, not sure how much more expensive MotoGP is over SBK....

On a different point: How many airmiles did Reitberger get for his flight??  :o
Live like someone left the gate open.

Offline cocky

• Ryyyyyy net ASFB.
  • Race Dog
  • DILLIGAF
« Reply #110 on: June 20, 2016, 11:09:56 am »

On a different point: How many airmiles did Reitberger get for his flight??  :o
Liewe fok maar hy is hoooog innie lug gegooi
Just because your past did not turn out like you wanted it to does not mean your marriage will not be better than you ever imagined it could be.
Die Kaapse Hoender!

Offline DouglasN

• Vendors
  • Race Dog
  • Bike: Triumph (all models)
« Reply #111 on: June 20, 2016, 11:22:35 am »
The dice between Rea and Sykes in both races was quite exciting,

I didn't see raced 1 but watched Race 2, I thought it looked like Rea was on a Sunday drive and letting Sykes do all the work until he was ready, one quick overtake and then off into the distance he was.
-----------------------
Douglas Norval
HAVAL/GWM Fourways

Offline Tony the Boney

• Race Dog
  • Bike: BMW (all models)
  • Threw away the key and locked the door
« Reply #112 on: June 20, 2016, 11:30:08 am »
on a different note that crash on the last lap of the Superstock 1000 was typically stupid
The older I get, the earlier it gets late

Offline TheBear

• Bachelor Dog
« Reply #113 on: June 20, 2016, 11:32:47 am »

On a different point: How many airmiles did Reitberger get for his flight??  :o

Getting into MotoGP is a huge issue as pe rtheir current rules.  Basically, contract between Dorna and participating manufacturers signed from 2017 to 2021.  Manufacturers are, Yamaha, Honda, Ducati, Suzuki, Aprilia and KTM.  The six will supply the 24 bikes to fill the grid.  It is highly unlikely that we will see Kawa or BMW in MotoGP soon.

Of course, "deals" can be made.  We know Dorna is open to this.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2016, 11:34:14 am by TheBear »
#BB33 #BRADICAL!
#DB40 #DIVEBOMB!
#SO4 #FULLGAS!

Offline Cracker

• Grey hound
  • Bike: KTM 950 Adventure S
  • Top Biscuit!
« Reply #114 on: June 20, 2016, 05:51:07 pm »
Cracker...you prolly referring to the races in Italy this weekend...ja well...no fine...it was not the most exciting of SBK races I have seen, but there were interesting aspects. The dice between Rea and Sykes in both races was quite exciting, the various crashes throughout the weekend, and the interesting fact that Rossi attended the WSB as well...as he came onto the track at the end of the Superstock race to sympathize with er er er cant remember his name, but was a fellow Italian who took himself and another guy out at the last corner of the final lap whilst they were first and second.

For the rest it was rather non exciting (not really boring though) . One must admit that Rea seems to be really in super form...cannot but help to wonder how he will do in a top MotoGP team? Perhaps Bear can make some relevant comments in this regard?

I'm just getting a bit sick of the 2 kawas wiping the floor every meeting - it's getting tedious. I used to find WSBK way more exciting that MotoGP but not anymore.

It's like - I record the race to watch later when my day is done - then sit down and try to get excited about who might come 3rd  :imaposer:

Don't let fear hold you back ..... take it with you!

Offline TheBear

• Bachelor Dog
« Reply #115 on: June 20, 2016, 09:09:37 pm »

I'm just getting a bit sick of the 2 kawas wiping the floor every meeting - it's getting tedious. I used to find WSBK way more exciting that MotoGP but not anymore.

It's like - I record the race to watch later when my day is done - then sit down and try to get excited about who might come 3rd  :imaposer:

Yeah.  It has become extremely boring.  I could handle the Kawas win every race, but at least after some sort of a battle.  These high speed "brêkkie" runs just don't do it for me.  Two years ago they made a lot of noise that there would soon be new rules to drag the Superbikes closer to standard spec and incorporate with Superstock 1000.  Nada came of that.

If we compare to Superstock 1000 .... Kawas not nearly as dominating.
#BB33 #BRADICAL!
#DB40 #DIVEBOMB!
#SO4 #FULLGAS!

Offline Tony the Boney

• Race Dog
  • Bike: BMW (all models)
  • Threw away the key and locked the door
« Reply #116 on: June 21, 2016, 06:27:16 am »

Yeah.  It has become extremely boring.  I could handle the Kawas win every race, but at least after some sort of a battle.  These high speed "brêkkie" runs just don't do it for me.  Two years ago they made a lot of noise that there would soon be new rules to drag the Superbikes closer to standard spec and incorporate with Superstock 1000.  Nada came of that.

If we compare to Superstock 1000 .... Kawas not nearly as dominating.

:thumleft: you sed it Bear! Bring the WSB to Superstock level and we will see some serious racing!!
The older I get, the earlier it gets late

Offline Warren Ellwood

« Reply #117 on: June 21, 2016, 08:56:10 am »
I even watched a bit of Formula one as well this last weekend.  :peepwall:
"Before you speak, ask yourself, is it kind, is it necessary, is it true, and does it improve on the silence?"

Offline Bus

• 'Tsek!!!
  • Race Dog
  • Fokken Main Moegoe
« Reply #118 on: June 21, 2016, 09:05:36 am »
Heathen!!!!

me too...

Offline bud500

• RIP dear friend
  • Global Moderator
  • Grey hound
« Reply #119 on: June 21, 2016, 09:06:57 am »
I even watched a bit of Formula one as well this last weekend.  :peepwall:

Me too, but only because the track fascinated me.
Live like someone left the gate open.