Short rides and new discoveries around my backyeard. (new ride and pics added)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ama ride ride

Grey Hound
Reaction score
Yes with a quad..... O0

Early morning I decide to go for a ride. High speed and long distance (for a quad) trippy. The area I rode is fairly isolated and the whole 250 km ride I saw only one other vehicle. a Farmers pick-up. There is no cell reception and the farms are far and few between. Many of the farmhouses are empty.

A while ago I bought this Bombardier DS650 Baja X for a steal. Big service and R4000 later she runs like a new bike. The 650 twin spark Rotax engine is a gem. Higher comp rate than the older F650's but just as durable. Ground clearance is 297mm with 305mm travel in front and 280mm in the back its my understanding that she have the longest shock travel of any quads ever build.  

First stop for pics, water, pee and poep.

The roads are fast gravel with some very bad patches in between. This old pick up remind one of the dangers of being overconfident.

Not sure if its a Ford or a Chevvy. Not in the mood to climb over the fence.

The landscape changes from flat grass lands to low hills. Extremely beautiful for me.

Here the sand become red, a typical feature of the Kalahari. The Camelthorn trees provide welcoming shade in the high summer.

This oke did not want to dice.

Roadkill. This little buck was killed last night. About 8 hours previously. I moved her to the side of the road where nature will deal with her carcass. There are lot of game and wildlife here.

The kudu's had some kind of party here early morning or last night. Interesting thing about this tracks is that there is no exit down or up the road. So the Kudu's went over the fence as usual.

Last pic of the ride about 50 km from home.

Yes quads are fun too on gravel.