Pollution, and tearing up the earth with bikes and 4x4s.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 216

Pack Dog
Reaction score
<rant mode on>

This always makes my blood boil. Environemntalists and people like kortbroek getting kneejerk reactions about us guys tearing up the earth.
They have us feeling so guilty that we even try and police under our own ranks.

I don't agree with littering however, but that's something different.

I was just perusing the track we did sunday to loskop, in google earth, when I came upon the boil that is cullinan mines on the face of mother earth.
It just made me think again: if you look at the sheer area that that white silt lake takes up, how much plant and animal life was destroyed because of it.
And they kak us out for damaging nature.

Look at the area on the skeleton coast where they trawl for diamonds. They tear up square km by square km in search of diamonds(which are actually worthless if they decide to release the status of diamonds (Look how much I love you honey, I just gave all my money to someone else! Here's a pretty stone!)).
Umeasurable amounts of sealife is destroyed, yet they pick on us for damaging mother nature.

What about the petrol providers in this coutry, who make so much waste that isn't properly disposed of?
Other mines and diggings where areas the size of a large vity is destroyed?
How long wil it take us to make any kind of serious, permanent damage to an area larger than pretoria?

Property developers in the cape sneak in when no one is looking, and bulldoze huge areas for property proclamation, because it's easier to say sorry than to ask forgiveness (This was on carte blanche a while ago). Yet they pick on us, that ride where there are already roads, and even when we do ride where there are no roads, either there will be one soon, how else did all the current roads et there, or we do no more damage than a burrowing type of animal would have done.

<rant mode off>