Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: 1200 LC Trophy edition  (Read 12298 times)

Offline w@nted

• Bike: Husqvarna (all models)
  • Ride to Work and Work to ride...
1200 LC Trophy edition
« on: March 06, 2016, 01:08:54 pm »
Hi Guys

I have seen quite a few trophy editions up for sale lately... So there is an itch developing on my side to "upgrade" my 2012 airhead.

I would like to hear from the normal lc owners how often they use the esa suspension? As it is not installed on the trophy, will I miss it?

Also, the trophy has only road and rain riding modes,  so I will not get the dynamic mode acceleration? How big effect is that?

What else will I miss from the normal lc?  Can the led headlight be fitted afterwards? I am very tempted at this stage... (Especially after all the 2016 trophy footage  :ricky:)

Thanks guys.
Bikes: Honda CB1, Yamaha XT660R, BMW F800GS, BMW R1200GS DOHC, BMW R1200GS LC Trophy edition, Husqvarna 701 Enduro

Offline Draadwerk

• Forum Whore
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
  • My job? Just something I do between rides....
Re: 1200 LC Trophy edition
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2016, 02:33:03 pm »
I love the gadgets. ESA and all. Use it every single day.

Riding modes indispensable as far as I am concerned.

Wouldn't trade my bike for one without.

But, riding differs from person to person and we all have choices. Just my opinion...👍

Offline Noneking

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2016, 02:50:38 pm »
I have ridden both and can honestly tell you that even in very technical situations at Sabie Valley Rider Academy, I could not feel a difference. I like all the add ons on the full spec LC, but I think the Trophy is a bargain, especially some of the used ones for sale at the moment.
2006 HP2 Enduro 1229
2019 KTM 790 R

NONEKING'S RIDE REPORTS - http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?topic=226099.0

Offline w@nted

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2016, 03:27:47 pm »
Dankie vir die terugvoer sover... I.t.v die suspensie, kan die suspensie van die trophy steeds hoer gestel word vir meer tegniese terrein of as daar passasiers vervoer word?

Ek dink ek gaan maar more gou by ons handelaar draai... :deal:
Bikes: Honda CB1, Yamaha XT660R, BMW F800GS, BMW R1200GS DOHC, BMW R1200GS LC Trophy edition, Husqvarna 701 Enduro

Offline BlingKing

• Don't just fix it - BLING IT!
  • Vendors
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS
  • R3k Vendor
    • Bling King Motorcycles
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2016, 10:31:41 am »
I didn't ever want to change from my oil-cooled Adventure to the LC because of the crap new suspension system and all the electronic gizmotronics on the LC. Then the LC Trophy came out - Boooyaaa! What a bike, ABS, Heated Grips and Traction Control - that's it - awesome - the only extras I ever wanted.
Love the Trophy, I have ordered the new suspension for mine (also making it slightly lower because I am a short-ass) and of course I have added a ton of Wunderlich Bling as it is my showroom and I am loving it!
The best thing I am going to add is the Wunderlich seat, the standard seat is poxy to say the least!
« Last Edit: March 07, 2016, 10:32:53 am by BlingKing »
Professionals is Suspension Matters
We Service & Repair Dual Sport & Adventure Bikes
Upgrades, Repairs & Replacements of Shocks & Forks
Our quality is our key!

Offline TheBear

• Stalin was 'n sissy.
  • Forum Whore
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2016, 10:34:55 am »
Dankie vir die terugvoer sover... I.t.v die suspensie, kan die suspensie van die trophy steeds hoer gestel word vir meer tegniese terrein of as daar passasiers vervoer word?

Ek dink ek gaan maar more gou by ons handelaar draai... :deal:

As mens die prysverskil tussen die Trophy en die full spec LC in ag neem moet mens wonder of die klokkies en fluitjies dit werd is.  Ja, die elektronika is lekker, maar dit is moerrrrr duur.  Ek pillion op die oomblik gereëld so my ESA werk amper elke dag en dis handig, maar nie die alfa en omega nie.  Die riding modes is lekker, maar ook nie die alfa en omega nie.  Die LED lig is koel, maar is dit die geld werd?  Derduisende rande.  Die cruise control is vir my goud werd. 

Die trophy se suspension stel met die hand soos enige ander fiets sonder ESA.  Groot swart knop waarmee jy sy agterent op en af stel. 

Ek dink die Trophy is 'n uitstekende koop teen die prys.  As mens die ekstra bokke het vir al die klokkies en fluitjies en die goed is belangrik, is die LC die bike vir jou.  Ding is, die Trophy gee jou dieselfde rygerief, kwaliteit, plesier, etc.  teen 'n heelwat laer prys.  Braam van Bavarian BMW (eks-Verkoopsbestuurder, nou Brand Amabassador) toer die land plat met 'n Trophy wat Bavarian vir hom leen.  Hy kon ook 'n vol spec LC leen .....

#33 #BRADICAL!

Offline DavidMorrisXp

• Bike: Honda CRF-1000L Africa Twin
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2016, 10:07:24 pm »
I didn't ever want to change from my oil-cooled Adventure to the LC because of the crap new suspension system and all the electronic gizmotronics on the LC. Then the LC Trophy came out - Boooyaaa! What a bike, ABS, Heated Grips and Traction Control - that's it - awesome - the only extras I ever wanted.
Love the Trophy, I have ordered the new suspension for mine (also making it slightly lower because I am a short-ass) and of course I have added a ton of Wunderlich Bling as it is my showroom and I am loving it!
The best thing I am going to add is the Wunderlich seat, the standard seat is poxy to say the least!

That is one awesome looking bike, would love to do that to mine!
Check out my YouTube channel, please like & subscribe

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUyKBSrBu-N5oswrTlAhphQ

Offline Kuifie

• Brandslang Koning
  • Ek Laaik Ry
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2016, 06:54:34 am »
Het self n trophy en is baie happy.  :thumleft:
"If the left side of your brain control the right side of your body, only left handed people are in the right mind"

Offline Copernicus

• Bike: Vespa (all models)
  • Crossroads in the dirt.
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2016, 04:16:44 pm »

Denver, I forgot that you are also a Wunderlich agent.  I see those highway pegs are popular in the US.  How do you find them?  Before I decide on something like that, I will have to overcome a few inhibitions, and perhaps lament from all and sundry.  But hell, I am nearly 60 so I guess I can now do what I want  :biggrin:
I started biking as an under achiever and it went downhill from there...

Offline Dries Bike

« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2016, 04:56:00 pm »
Het my 2006 ADV Des verkoop en n Trofee gekoop het my adv gelove ,het my n rukkie gevat om lc gewoond geraak ,het Des deur die karoo gery ,hy het nou 9000 km op en ons begin mekaar vind ruil hom vir geen ander 

Offline gee

« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2016, 06:29:36 pm »
Got my trophy December demo with 1200ks on the clock. Saved my self close to 50k compared to the full lc.I was then able to afford to kit it out with side and top panniers, crash bars, taller screen ext and still had money to spare for a rainy day. Love the bike. Fitted the Kaoko cruise control i think it was around R790 so that toke care of speed control. It takes 10 seconds to adjust suspension which is not very often. Every thing else works well. I have ridden the full LC and did not find i was missing much. Would i buy one again hell yes within a blink of a eye.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2016, 06:42:56 pm by gee »

Offline zebra - Flying Brick

• Forum Vendor: Flying Brick Motorcycle Accessories 021 510 6455 info@flyingbrick.co.za
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: BMW (all models)
  • 8 Shropshire St, P Eiland S33°54.712 E018°28.208
    • [b]-Flying Brick- Motorcycle Accessories[/b]
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2016, 06:46:20 pm »
Denver, I forgot that you are also a Wunderlich agent.  I see those highway pegs are popular in the US.  How do you find them?  Before I decide on something like that, I will have to overcome a few inhibitions, and perhaps lament from all and sundry.  But hell, I am nearly 60 so I guess I can now do what I want  :biggrin:
If you get a set, you WILL NOT be alone!
I shared an exhibition stand with Denver at the 2014 Africa Bike Week, in Margate...
(we helped each other with space/sales/bikes, etc).
I think he (I helped a bit) sold TWENTY THREE pairs within the 1st day or 2, and that was just that show, so I do think there are LOTS of highway pegs out there!

Cheers
Chris & Team
Chris & Team 021 510 6455 S33°54.712 E018°28.208

MARINE DRIVE, into NEPTUNE street, 2nd left into SHROPSHIRE street, on the right hand side.
021 510 6455 info@flyingbrick.co.za sales@flyingbrick.co.za  support@flyingbrick.co.za
S33°54.712 E018°28.208

Offline charliepappa

• Life's a ride!
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2016, 10:29:54 am »
Ek kry my Trophy Donderdag!! Ek kan nie slaap nie; soos n kind voor Kersfees!!  ;D
R1100S Sport, R1200GS Adventure, R1100S Boxer Cup, F650GS, KTM 950 SE, R1200GS LC, Africa Twin DCT

Offline TheBear

• Stalin was 'n sissy.
  • Forum Whore
« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2016, 10:44:58 am »
Ek kry my Trophy Donderdag!! Ek kan nie slaap nie; soos n kind voor Kersfees!!  ;D

Wonderlik!  Baie geluk!  Ek hoop elke dag wat jy ry voel dit soos Kersfees.   :thumleft:

Ek ry 'n vol LC, suiwer omdat toe ek gekoop het dit al was wat beskikbaar was.  Die enigste ding wat ek sou mis as ek nou oorslaan na 'n Trophy toe is die cruise control.  Die res is nie die R50k werd nie.  Soos iemand hierbo gesę het, ek sou verkies om die R50k op painniers, erc.  te spandeer. 
#33 #BRADICAL!

Offline charliepappa

• Life's a ride!
« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2016, 11:03:05 am »
Verseker, ek het nou geld om baie ekstra op die Trophy te sit.

Ek het die opsie om n colour change van wit na daai donker blou te doen. Wat dink julle?
R1100S Sport, R1200GS Adventure, R1100S Boxer Cup, F650GS, KTM 950 SE, R1200GS LC, Africa Twin DCT

Offline Draadwerk

• Forum Whore
  • My job? Just something I do between rides....
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2016, 11:41:39 am »
Verseker, ek het nou geld om baie ekstra op die Trophy te sit.

Ek het die opsie om n colour change van wit na daai donker blou te doen. Wat dink julle?
Baie geluk!!!

Ja, verander die kleur dadelik 👍

Offline w@nted

« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2016, 04:01:54 pm »
Dankie vir al die terugvoer!

Ek het toe woensdag my trophy gaan haal  :ricky:

Die boere sal ook bly wees, want dit het sover elke dag gereen vandat ek hom gekry het! Wat n lekker fiets, kan nie die smile van my gesig afkry nie. ;D

Ek sal wel by die dealer moet uitkom, het die fiets op rain mode gesit, maar ekt steeds nat geword... :imaposer:

Ek wag nou net vir die crashbars om te arriveer.

Offline DavidMorrisXp

« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2016, 08:29:31 pm »
Dankie vir al die terugvoer!

Ek het toe woensdag my trophy gaan haal  :ricky:

Die boere sal ook bly wees, want dit het sover elke dag gereen vandat ek hom gekry het! Wat n lekker fiets, kan nie die smile van my gesig afkry nie. ;D

Ek sal wel by die dealer moet uitkom, het die fiets op rain mode gesit, maar ekt steeds nat geword... :imaposer:

Ek wag nou net vir die crashbars om te arriveer.

Congrats with the new bike - post a pic
Check out my YouTube channel, please like & subscribe

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUyKBSrBu-N5oswrTlAhphQ

Offline Dries Bike

« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2016, 08:34:17 pm »
Meurig ,geluk ,eksien iemand het nou die dag crash bars en spots op forum vir goeie prys geadvereer as jy belangstel

Offline Kameel

« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2016, 09:22:30 pm »

:imaposer:

2004 F650 GS Dakar (The X); 2004 BMW R1200 GS (GeelKameel); 2008 F650GS Twin (The X); 2008 BMW R1200GS (Silwervalk vir Biker Chick); 2009 BMW R1200GS (Pappa Smurf);
Currently 2010 BMW R1200 GSA (Mr Grey)