Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: 1200 LC Trophy edition  (Read 11568 times)

Offline Tradie

Re: 1200 LC Trophy edition
« Reply #120 on: January 28, 2017, 11:37:11 am »
On a side note, BMW giving this spec LC a name "The Trophy" was a marketing win as we now seem to identify with "The Trophy."

Couldn't imagine if they had left it just as the base model it would invoke the same discussions or support  :ricky:
That is why you pay them the big bucks!!! 8)

They spend a fortune on marketing people that boosts your ego and make you comfortable with spending your disposable income on stuff you dont need! >:D
Do not make expensive noise. Make the first shot count!!!

Offline m0lt3n

• Ervare noob
  • Bike: KTM 1190 Adventure
« Reply #121 on: January 30, 2017, 07:38:07 am »
Does anybody else find the Trophy a little dull with the grey white trim?

I searched the internet for ideas on wrapping the bike, maybe with the BMW red, white & blue but I couldn't find any inspiration or a design I liked.

Any ideas?

My uncle bought this Trophy. I think it looks great.
Dooie visse gaan saam met die stroom...

Online DavidMorrisXp

• Bike: Honda CRF-1000L Africa Twin
« Reply #122 on: January 30, 2017, 08:30:16 am »
Spruced up nicely..
Check out my YouTube channel, please like & subscribe

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUyKBSrBu-N5oswrTlAhphQ

Offline Omninorm

« Reply #123 on: January 30, 2017, 03:04:07 pm »

I searched the internet for ideas on wrapping the bike, maybe with the BMW red, white & blue but I couldn't find any inspiration or a design I liked.

Any ideas?

I don't really find them dull with those colors. To me it just looks almost to neat  ;D
But I was looking at this place to maybe order a design. I like understated though.

https://www.signaturecd.com/product-category/bmw/r1200gs-lc/sticker-kits/alpine-white-bmw-r1200gs-lc/

« Last Edit: January 30, 2017, 03:04:29 pm by Omninorm »
Current: :
Previous:  KTM 690 Enduro R , BMW G310GS, BMW 1200GS LC, BMW F800GS, Suzuki Vstrom 650, Honda Transalp XLV700, BMW Xchallenge, BMW Xcountry, Yamaha WR250F, Honda NC750X, Honda XR150, Kawasaki KLX450R, Yamaha YZ250, Kawasaki KX450, Yamaha YZ250F,  KTM 250 XCW, Yamaha DT125, Yamaha DT50, Honda NSR250, Yamaha RZ 50.

Online DavidMorrisXp

« Reply #124 on: January 30, 2017, 05:56:11 pm »

Any ideas?

I don't really find them dull with those colors. To me it just looks almost to neat  ;D
But I was looking at this place to maybe order a design. I like understated though.

https://www.signaturecd.com/product-category/bmw/r1200gs-lc/sticker-kits/alpine-white-bmw-r1200gs-lc/

Quite like the M sport design - thanks Norm

Offline Condebr

• Bike: Kawasaki KLR 650
« Reply #125 on: January 30, 2017, 08:18:13 pm »
My 2c worth, I have a 2014 full spec with all the available options, thanks to the previous owner, the dynamic mode is just too temperamental. Throttle is over sensitive. Suspension settings for pillow luggage etc is fantastic. Cruise control on longer journeys- indispensable- gps etc are all nice to haves but once you have it. You realize what you are missing. Tyres pressure sensors are a essential now in my book after a slow puncture.

It is a highly personal decision on how much you want to spend on "gadgets" Hell my previous bike was a klr650. I did a lot of shopping around and found my bike by chance, more than I wanted to spend but with all the extras was well worth it. No one can tell you what will work for YOU. Best advice is get your arse in the seat an go on what it is telling you. If your arse is happy, you will be too regardless if it is an old xt 500 or the latest panagale

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline Draadwerk

• Forum Whore
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
  • My job? Just something I do between rides....
« Reply #126 on: January 30, 2017, 08:32:33 pm »
Dynamic too sensitive? Must be something wrong with yours. I only ride dynamic, except for offroad and rain as needed.

Maybe you just have to get used to it? Keep it there. In a week or even after maybe just one day, you will not likely go back to Road mode

Online DavidMorrisXp

« Reply #127 on: January 30, 2017, 08:37:40 pm »
My 2c worth, I have a 2014 full spec with all the available options, thanks to the previous owner, the dynamic mode is just too temperamental. Throttle is over sensitive. Suspension settings for pillow luggage etc is fantastic. Cruise control on longer journeys- indispensable- gps etc are all nice to haves but once you have it. You realize what you are missing. Tyres pressure sensors are a essential now in my book after a slow puncture.

It is a highly personal decision on how much you want to spend on "gadgets" Hell my previous bike was a klr650. I did a lot of shopping around and found my bike by chance, more than I wanted to spend but with all the extras was well worth it. No one can tell you what will work for YOU. Best advice is get your arse in the seat an go on what it is telling you. If your arse is happy, you will be too regardless if it is an old xt 500 or the latest panagale

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

On my Trophy I ride in RAIN mode since all my riding has been tar after getting the bike. 

It seems the power is the same as in Road mode, only the traction control kicks in earlier to stop me chewing up the rear tyre
« Last Edit: January 30, 2017, 08:38:25 pm by meurig »

Offline OomD

« Reply #128 on: January 31, 2017, 07:11:14 am »

On my Trophy I ride in RAIN mode since all my riding has been tar after getting the bike. 

It seems the power is the same as in Road mode, only the traction control kicks in earlier to stop me chewing up the rear tyre
Yes, traction control is more aggresive, but throttle response is also a wee bit slower.

In the beginning (no, not that beginning) I also found dynamic mode too sensitive, mainly because there is no takeup slack like I was used to with a cable, so it seemed very sensitive to me. Especially when riding over rough terrain (still tar). I used road mode for a long time, but eventually got used to dynamic mode so use that all the time now.

Offline silvrav

• Bike: AJS (all models)
« Reply #129 on: February 01, 2017, 07:40:13 am »
Dynamic too sensitive? Must be something wrong with yours. I only ride dynamic, except for offroad and rain as needed.

Maybe you just have to get used to it? Keep it there. In a week or even after maybe just one day, you will not likely go back to Road mode

This...I klapped it in dynamic the day i got my LC...an accidental small wheelie or two and you get use to it very quickly  :deal:

Offline Condebr

• Bike: Kawasaki KLR 650
« Reply #130 on: February 01, 2017, 06:36:11 pm »

This...I klapped it in dynamic the day i got my LC...an accidental small wheelie or two and you get use to it very quickly  :deal:
Yes I can attest to that. Tried dynamic today as pta is dry for a change. Will keep it for a week and then decide. At this stage I still like the progressive power of road mode

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Zeeman

« Reply #131 on: February 01, 2017, 06:54:23 pm »

Any ideas?

Quite like the M sport design - thanks Norm
Yes Meurig I agree.  After 6000k I had to replace my back tyre due to roadrage mode.  Now I also ride in RAIN mode.