Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: BRAD BINDER: 2016 Moto3 - It is time #41 Bradical!  (Read 39623 times)

Online TheBear

• Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1150GS Adventure
  • Die Ruiter sal KilRoy regruk
Re: BRAD BINDER: 2016 Moto3 - It is time #41 Bradical!
« Reply #120 on: May 09, 2016, 08:48:57 am »
Bear, now that Brad is in this team and doing this well, does his racing still cost Dad at all?

Or, is this self sustaining with a bit of a return on investment so to speak?

I think the funds are now absorbed by Darren...

Indeed.  I cannot see Dad being happy with Darryn struggling out of the points.
#BB33 #BRADICAL!
#DB40 #DIVEBOMB!
#SO4 #FULLGAS!

Online TheBear

• Bachelor Dog
« Reply #121 on: May 09, 2016, 08:51:16 am »
Bear, now that Brad is in this team and doing this well, does his racing still cost Dad at all?

He is fully contracted to KTM and he is paid to race.

True, but that is not big bucks.  The highest paid MotoGP riders like Rossi, Lorenzo and Marquez do not even make the top 100 list of highest paid sportmen.  The really good money comes via a contract with a personal big sponsor like Red Bull. 
« Last Edit: May 09, 2016, 08:51:54 am by TheBear »
#BB33 #BRADICAL!
#DB40 #DIVEBOMB!
#SO4 #FULLGAS!

Offline cocky

• Ryyyyyy net ASFB.
  • Race Dog
  • Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
  • DILLIGAF
« Reply #122 on: May 09, 2016, 08:57:24 am »

True, but that is not big bucks.  The highest paid MotoGP riders like Rossi, Lorenzo and Marquez do not even make the top 100 list of highest paid sportmen.  The really good money comes via a contract with a personal big sponsor like Red Bull. 
True story, fortunately he is a RedBull sponsored rider, but they don't get the money the Big Boys get, however he will not be getting peanuts and certainly could be on for the bigger leagues if he can win the championship.
Just because your past did not turn out like you wanted it to does not mean your marriage will not be better than you ever imagined it could be.
Die Kaapse Hoender!

Online TheBear

• Bachelor Dog
« Reply #123 on: May 09, 2016, 09:19:46 am »

True story, fortunately he is a RedBull sponsored rider, but they don't get the money the Big Boys get, however he will not be getting peanuts and certainly could be on for the bigger leagues if he can win the championship.

For sure.  The bigger leagues must be on the cards, even if only in the top 3 of the championship.  My scenario and this is more me wishful thinking than any stated fact:

1.  Ajo Motorsport Moto 2 rider, Johann Zarco, moves on to MotoGP as suggested by rumours.
2.  Brad is already a member of the Ajo Motorsport team, albeit Moto 3.  Works with Aki Ajo, the team owner on a daily basis.
3.  Zarco on he Ajo Moto 2 bike is reigning world Champion and currently 3rd in the championship, so the bike is on par.
4.  Aki Ajo likes Brad.
5.  Brad is performing for Ajo Motorsport.
6.  You see where I am going with this?   >:D
#BB33 #BRADICAL!
#DB40 #DIVEBOMB!
#SO4 #FULLGAS!

Offline Serfie

« Reply #124 on: May 09, 2016, 09:24:21 am »
AND...then, who knows, perhaps take on the younger Binder brother on Brad's Moto3 bike?????????
“So much of life can never be explained…it can only be witnessed and experienced…but above all...life just goes on…no matter what!!”

Previous bikes - 1980 XL125S: 1986 IT200: 1989 XT250:  1999 Africa Twin 750XLV: 2011 XR250 Tornado: 1999 XJR900 Diversion:  1996 Varadero XL1000V: 2007 Transalp 650 : 2015 Kawasaki Versys KLZ 1000
Currently - 2008 KLR650 / 2008 DR650 / 2015 SYM CROX 125 /  2014 BMW F700GS

Offline cocky

• Ryyyyyy net ASFB.
  • Race Dog
  • DILLIGAF
« Reply #125 on: May 09, 2016, 09:27:21 am »

For sure.  The bigger leagues must be on the cards, even if only in the top 3 of the championship.  My scenario and this is more me wishful thinking than any stated fact:

1.  Ajo Motorsport Moto 2 rider, Johann Zarco, moves on to MotoGP as suggested by rumours.
2.  Brad is already a member of the Ajo Motorsport team, albeit Moto 3.  Works with Aki Ajo, the team owner on a daily basis.
3.  Zarco on he Ajo Moto 2 bike is reigning world Champion and currently 3rd in the championship, so the bike is on par.
4.  Aki Ajo likes Brad.
5.  Brad is performing for Ajo Motorsport.
6.  You see where I am going with this?   >:D
AND KTM have a Moto2 bike coming in 2017, may be a spot for the lad.
Just because your past did not turn out like you wanted it to does not mean your marriage will not be better than you ever imagined it could be.
Die Kaapse Hoender!

Online TheBear

• Bachelor Dog
« Reply #126 on: May 09, 2016, 09:42:16 am »

For sure.  The bigger leagues must be on the cards, even if only in the top 3 of the championship.  My scenario and this is more me wishful thinking than any stated fact:

1.  Ajo Motorsport Moto 2 rider, Johann Zarco, moves on to MotoGP as suggested by rumours.
2.  Brad is already a member of the Ajo Motorsport team, albeit Moto 3.  Works with Aki Ajo, the team owner on a daily basis.
3.  Zarco on he Ajo Moto 2 bike is reigning world Champion and currently 3rd in the championship, so the bike is on par.
4.  Aki Ajo likes Brad.
5.  Brad is performing for Ajo Motorsport.
6.  You see where I am going with this?   >:D

KTM in Moto2 is a surprise?   Can't believe see KTM will build a bike and then use a Honda engine, however it seems it is on the cards.  Weird though.  It is for this very reason that Aprilia, etc. are not in Moto 2.

Then again, these days KTM is HOT ad badge engineering.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2016, 09:43:59 am by TheBear »
#BB33 #BRADICAL!
#DB40 #DIVEBOMB!
#SO4 #FULLGAS!

Offline cocky

• Ryyyyyy net ASFB.
  • Race Dog
  • DILLIGAF
« Reply #127 on: May 09, 2016, 09:45:23 am »

For sure.  The bigger leagues must be on the cards, even if only in the top 3 of the championship.  My scenario and this is more me wishful thinking than any stated fact:

1.  Ajo Motorsport Moto 2 rider, Johann Zarco, moves on to MotoGP as suggested by rumours.
2.  Brad is already a member of the Ajo Motorsport team, albeit Moto 3.  Works with Aki Ajo, the team owner on a daily basis.
3.  Zarco on he Ajo Moto 2 bike is reigning world Champion and currently 3rd in the championship, so the bike is on par.
4.  Aki Ajo likes Brad.

KTM in Moto2 is a surprise?   Can't believe see KTM will build a bike and then use a Honda engine, however it seems it is on the cards.  Weird though.  It is for this very reason that Aprilia, etc. are not in Moto 2.

Apparently it is being called the WP project, KTM frame and WP suspension. Read the article in MCN.
Die Kaapse Hoender!

Online TheBear

• Bachelor Dog
« Reply #128 on: May 09, 2016, 02:28:16 pm »

4.  Aki Ajo likes Brad.

Apparently it is being called the WP project, KTM frame and WP suspension. Read the article in MCN.

I have read it.  Basically KTM becomes a bike builder like Kalex, Suter and Moriwaki.  To me it is an exciting thought.  They are saying, we can beat you all, even if we had the same engine.  Brave, but cool.
#BB33 #BRADICAL!
#DB40 #DIVEBOMB!
#SO4 #FULLGAS!

Offline I&horse

• You look like a
  • Race Dog
  • Bike: KTM 950 Adventure
  • was Andy 950
« Reply #129 on: May 09, 2016, 07:10:53 pm »
So ktm is putting a bike into moto 2 not motogp?
Silence is golden...... Duct tape is silver

Everything works with smoke, if the smoke escapes, it stops working.

Online TheBear

• Bachelor Dog
« Reply #130 on: May 09, 2016, 07:26:05 pm »
So ktm is putting a bike into moto 2 not motogp?

No.  They are putting bikes into MotoGP.  That is for sure and confirmed and they are full blown MotoGP bikes. Bradley Smith is one factory rider already signed for 2017 and 2018.  They are also testing extensively already with test riders this year is  Randy de Puniet, Mika Kallio, Alex Hofmann and Thomas Luthi.

Moto 2 is another development.  Basically WP Performance Systems who build the bike Johann Zarco won the 2015 Moto 2 championship on belongs to the same mother company that owns KTM.  They are working on a Moto 2 bike for next year.  I don't know if it will be badged KTM though.  It may well be.  KTM is masters at badge engineering, as we see KTM, Husqvarna and Peugeot bikes in Moto 3 which are all badge engineered.

WP also builds all Rookie Cup KTM bikes as well as the Moto 3 KTM's.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2016, 07:40:33 pm by TheBear »
#BB33 #BRADICAL!
#DB40 #DIVEBOMB!
#SO4 #FULLGAS!

Offline 2StrokeDan

• a Man of Character
  • Worshond
  • Bike: KTM 690 Adventure
  • Slim like Bill, straight like Steve
« Reply #131 on: May 09, 2016, 08:07:26 pm »
Brad won this race just to shut me up. :thumleft:

So very well done, and like it was said before, we can look forward to the very high possibility of a Moto3 SA world champion, and then onwards..... :thumleft: :thumleft:

Online TheBear

• Bachelor Dog
« Reply #132 on: May 09, 2016, 08:47:32 pm »

Ja.  I called him and said: "You shut 2SD up and I will let you ride my GS."   :imaposer:

#BB33 #BRADICAL!
#DB40 #DIVEBOMB!
#SO4 #FULLGAS!

Offline 2StrokeDan

• a Man of Character
  • Worshond
  • Bike: KTM 690 Adventure
  • Slim like Bill, straight like Steve
« Reply #133 on: May 09, 2016, 09:01:36 pm »

Ja.  I called him and said: "You shut 2SD up and I will let you ride my GS."   :imaposer:

GS1000G or S? :thumleft:

Online TheBear

• Bachelor Dog
« Reply #134 on: May 10, 2016, 10:00:46 am »

GS1000G or S? :thumleft:

Hmmm ... he clearly only shut you up for a day ...   :ricky:
#BB33 #BRADICAL!
#DB40 #DIVEBOMB!
#SO4 #FULLGAS!

Online TheBear

• Bachelor Dog
« Reply #135 on: May 19, 2016, 01:07:03 pm »
Quote from: Brad Binder

MotoGP Italy: Finding the rhythm aiding Binder’s title push

Brad Binder believes a shifting of his focus across the race weekend is the major reason behind his recent surge in form that has seen the South African claim back-to-back grand prix victories and lead the Moto3 world championship.

The elder of the two Binder brothers that are currently competing in the series, Brad recently revealed to Crash.net how he used to pay too much attention to his placing in free practice sessions, rather than bike set-up and consistency during race runs.

A more rounded approach, in which he pushes “on every lap, alone” over a race weekend was also a consequence of a settled winter of testing, which yielded “an incredible base setting” on his Red Bull Ajo KTM.

The results have been impressive: five podiums from five races, and two recent wins, including that breathtaking ride in Jerez, which saw him climb an incredible 33 positions in the race to claim a memorable debut victory. On the back of another maximum points haul in France, Binder now leads the world championship by 24 points.

“I think the biggest change is just the way I approach every weekend,” explained Binder in Le Mans. “I always used to just have a look at the leader board to see where I was, what my position was, and that was the end of it, you know?

“Now I realise that if you're fifth but you have good rhythm it doesn't matter. The race is a different story. That's all I've changed, really. I've been working so much harder during the weekend. Like I used to do a few hot laps and then I'd pull in. Now I push on every lap, alone and I get the job done.

“When you end up in these big groups, it's always a big fight. If you want to follow guys all weekend, how are you going to lead the race and win it? I think it's one of those things that needs to click because it's not easy. When it's so close, to get a tow you can go so much faster so much easier. I think it's just been continuously working and we're getting there.”

Now in his second year in the Red Bull Ajo KTM squad, Binder is reaping the rewards of remaining within a stable structure, with a settled crew. Yet, having ridden Honda and Mahindra machinery in the prior two seasons, it took time to adjust to a machine that required a different style of riding.

“The toughest part about last year was that when I first jumped on the 2014 KTM I felt it was incredible and I went really quick. Then they brought us the 2015 bike and basically I really struggled. I had so many problems with chatter and my riding style didn't help us at all. So what I had to do was try and change my riding style a lot, which is never easy.

“In Misano [in 2015] it was when everything turned around for me. The only thing that changed was they brought the new chassis. Since then I've been working on the new chassis. Now we've got such an incredible base setting, I don't think we need to play with it much at all. That's about it.

“In the off-season we did such a good job. We tried a lot of things but we carried on. We never lost our way. When we tried things we always did a back check because it's so easy to get lost when you're right up at the top. We found a few things that were good and a few others that weren't. We just put it all together, then the whole package together and so far it's working out good.”

#BB33 #BRADICAL!
#DB40 #DIVEBOMB!
#SO4 #FULLGAS!

Offline bud500

• RIP dear friend
  • Global Moderator
  • Grey hound
« Reply #136 on: May 19, 2016, 01:21:39 pm »
Sounds quite mature.

How's silly season looking in Moto3? Or does it start later in the season for them?
Live like someone left the gate open.

Online TheBear

• Bachelor Dog
« Reply #137 on: May 19, 2016, 01:54:38 pm »
Sounds quite mature.

How's silly season looking in Moto3? Or does it start later in the season for them?

It doesn't seem to have started. Maybe it did start, but the news hounds are so busy with the silly season of the big boys that they are missing this one.
#BB33 #BRADICAL!
#DB40 #DIVEBOMB!
#SO4 #FULLGAS!

Online TheBear

• Bachelor Dog
« Reply #138 on: May 20, 2016, 11:54:38 am »
Mugello, Italy.  Moto 3 updates.

FP1:

Brad:  29th  >:( >:( >:(  Weather related.
Darryn: 17th

FP2:

Brad:  4
Darryn: 31

« Last Edit: May 20, 2016, 01:54:27 pm by TheBear »
#BB33 #BRADICAL!
#DB40 #DIVEBOMB!
#SO4 #FULLGAS!

Offline Africamike

• aka Ventana
  • Race Dog
  • Bike: Honda CRF-1000L Africa Twin
  • De Colores!!
« Reply #139 on: May 20, 2016, 02:36:12 pm »
Cannot wait for Sunday!.......hat-trick anyone?
« Last Edit: May 20, 2016, 02:36:50 pm by Ventana »
Rom 1:16