Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: BRAD BINDER: 2016 Moto3 - It is time #41 Bradical!  (Read 39104 times)

Offline Serfie

Re: BRAD BINDER: 2016 Moto3 - It is time #41 Bradical!
« Reply #80 on: April 25, 2016, 07:57:16 am »
Well all that remains for me is to say BRAD...JY IS N BLIKSEM!!!!  :biggrin:...doet so voort  :thumleft:
“So much of life can never be explained…it can only be witnessed and experienced…but above all...life just goes on…no matter what!!”

Previous bikes - 1980 XL125S: 1986 IT200: 1989 XT250:  1999 Africa Twin 750XLV: 2011 XR250 Tornado: 1999 XJR900 Diversion:  1996 Varadero XL1000V: 2007 Transalp 650 : 2015 Kawasaki Versys KLZ 1000
Currently - 2008 KLR650 / 2008 DR650 / 2015 SYM CROX 125 /  2014 BMW F700GS

Offline bud500

• RIP dear friend
  • Global Moderator
  • Grey hound
  • Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
« Reply #81 on: April 25, 2016, 08:20:58 am »
Twice he had guys outbraking themselves and nearly taking him off. He was super lucky with the first one as it was a pretty decent hit

Was that hit not from his brother Darren? I think Sheridan commented on FB that it was his brother giving him the hurry up.... :lol8:
Live like someone left the gate open.

Offline ZK1

« Reply #82 on: April 25, 2016, 08:43:06 am »
Awesome stuff, glad I couldn't watch it.........because I'm bad luck if I watch races.
2012 Yamaha XT660z (Sold)
2007 KX250 2T (Sold)
2002 CR250 2T (Sold)
1998 CR125 2T (Sold)
1990 KX125 2T (Sold)

Offline TheBear

• Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1150GS Adventure
  • Die Ruiter sal KilRoy regruk
« Reply #83 on: April 25, 2016, 09:12:48 am »
Twice he had guys outbraking themselves and nearly taking him off. He was super lucky with the first one as it was a pretty decent hit

Was that hit not from his brother Darren? I think Sheridan commented on FB that it was his brother giving him the hurry up.... :lol8:

I am not sure.  It could have been, but not enough replays to check the numbers and be sure.
#BB33 #BRADICAL!
#DB40 #DIVEBOMB!
#SO4 #FULLGAS!

Offline Kamanya

• Global Moderator
  • Grey hound
  • Bike: KTM 950 Adventure S
  • Andrew to everyone
« Reply #84 on: April 25, 2016, 09:17:40 am »
Agreed, but it's been done in the past probably more than you think.

Marc Marquez did it for the exact same team - Red Bull KTM Ajo - (I think it was at Assen in 2010).

He started from the back and had to fight right to the finish line against the front runners. There were far less to overtake that day though. I think only about 20.
Somedays, life's like a middlemannetjie.

Offline RobD

« Reply #85 on: April 25, 2016, 09:43:25 am »
BRAD...... YOU BISCUIT!!!!!!

Offline TheBear

• Bachelor Dog
« Reply #86 on: April 25, 2016, 09:48:08 am »
Reason for Brad's penalty is described by MotoGP writers as "farcical".  The KTM techie made changes to the mapping for wet weather on the correct ECU. He then downloaded that to a memory stick and send to Race Control.  He saved the file under the wrong name and voila!  Software Infringement.  This map was supplied by KTM and it is assumed that many KTM's ran that map, but only the fastest 3 is checked.  Bad luck for Brad.  Thankfully it all worked out well.
#BB33 #BRADICAL!
#DB40 #DIVEBOMB!
#SO4 #FULLGAS!

Offline 2StrokeDan

• a Man of Character
  • Worshond
  • Bike: KTM 690 Adventure
  • Slim like Bill, straight like Steve
« Reply #87 on: April 25, 2016, 12:15:00 pm »
Reason for Brad's penalty is described by MotoGP writers as "farcical".  The KTM techie made changes to the mapping for wet weather on the correct ECU. He then downloaded that to a memory stick and send to Race Control.  He saved the file under the wrong name and voila!  Software Infringement.  This map was supplied by KTM and it is assumed that many KTM's ran that map, but only the fastest 3 is checked.  Bad luck for Brad.  Thankfully it all worked out well.

Not farcical at all, if every team starts saving maps under wrong names, code names and no names, how will it be tracked/controlled? Like Tour de Farce.

Offline TheBear

• Bachelor Dog
« Reply #88 on: April 25, 2016, 07:52:52 pm »

Not farcical at all, if every team starts saving maps under wrong names, code names and no names, how will it be tracked/controlled? Like Tour de Farce.

I just quoted the journalist.   Whether we use the term farcical, or super fair, what s important is that it was a mistake and not cheating. 

Just an update:

Marc Marquez did a last to first twice. 

2010, Estoril, 125GP from 28th to first
2012, Valencia, Moto2 from 31st to first.
#BB33 #BRADICAL!
#DB40 #DIVEBOMB!
#SO4 #FULLGAS!

Offline 2StrokeDan

• a Man of Character
  • Worshond
« Reply #89 on: April 25, 2016, 07:57:31 pm »
Thanks Bear, it then seems like Brad is in good company.

I'll watch him keenly on his journey forward. Very interesting to see how riders make the jump from Moto3 to Moto2 to MotoGP.

Offline TheBear

• Bachelor Dog
« Reply #90 on: April 25, 2016, 09:03:06 pm »

I'll watch him keenly on his journey forward. Very interesting to see how riders make the jump from Moto3 to Moto2 to MotoGP.

I have been following him for some years now and am hoping like hades that he will do well this year.  His whole family have worked very hard to get him where he is today.  

It is a fact that to be competitive you need a good bike, backed by a very good team and sponsors.  Aki Ajo, owner of the team Brad rides for now, also owns the Moto 2 team with which Zarco became the 2015 Moto 2 World Champion.  A natural progression for Brad would be to the Ajo Moto2 team as Aki likes Brad and if he does well this year, Aki may well use him in his Moto 2 team next year.

« Last Edit: April 25, 2016, 09:05:13 pm by TheBear »
#BB33 #BRADICAL!
#DB40 #DIVEBOMB!
#SO4 #FULLGAS!

Offline Jag man

• Race Dog
« Reply #91 on: April 26, 2016, 09:36:11 am »

I have been following him for some years now and am hoping like hades that he will do well this year.  His whole family have worked very hard to get him where he is today.  

It is a fact that to be competitive you need a good bike, backed by a very good team and sponsors.  Aki Ajo, owner of the team Brad rides for now, also owns the Moto 2 team with which Zarco became the 2015 Moto 2 World Champion.  A natural progression for Brad would be to the Ajo Moto2 team as Aki likes Brad and if he does well this year, Aki may well use him in his Moto 2 team next year.

Holding thumbs all the way.Go Brad.

Offline Warren Ellwood

« Reply #92 on: April 26, 2016, 04:35:06 pm »
I only got to watch it last night, and even though I knew the outcome, I still bit my nails finished.

It really was a dominant display.

I just hope his talent is the thing that is noticed in the future, and not how much money he can attract.
"Before you speak, ask yourself, is it kind, is it necessary, is it true, and does it improve on the silence?"

Offline BlueBull2007

• Caribbean
  • Global Moderator
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: AJS (all models)
« Reply #93 on: April 27, 2016, 09:28:50 am »
I only got to watch it last night, and even though I knew the outcome, I still bit my nails finished.

I just hope his talent is the thing that is noticed in the future, and not how much money he can attract.

His talent has been noted I think. I had guys (acquaintances) from America asking me if I was South African and did I see the race.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2016, 09:29:37 am by BlueBull2007 »
Rally nut. What could possibly go wrong?
Living the Rally Dream - Ride Report
Current bike: KTM 350 EXC   Previous bikes:  2010 WR450F, 2006 KTM450EXC,KTM 450RR, BMW800GS, KTM450EXC, BMW650 GS, BMW650 Dakar, and Honda XR250

Offline TheBear

• Bachelor Dog
« Reply #94 on: April 27, 2016, 09:30:41 am »

At least one, very clever, guy noted his talent a few years ago.  Aki Ajo, owner of the Red Bull KTM Ajo Team!   :thumleft:

The rest will now follow.
#BB33 #BRADICAL!
#DB40 #DIVEBOMB!
#SO4 #FULLGAS!

Offline TheBear

• Bachelor Dog
« Reply #95 on: April 27, 2016, 09:34:00 am »
Just watched again.  Brad was clipped hard by #40 Darryn Binder.   Man alive!  Can you imagine he was taken out by his brother. 
#BB33 #BRADICAL!
#DB40 #DIVEBOMB!
#SO4 #FULLGAS!

Offline 2StrokeDan

• a Man of Character
  • Worshond
« Reply #96 on: April 27, 2016, 10:16:35 am »
After such a long post-Jon period of no motorcycle world class riders, I immediately thought that this was a Hansie Cronje type thing, of course I could
not figure how he could have cheated. :-[  :eek7:
But I guess I can start rooting for a geniune world champion possibility here?

He is also on the traditionally correct path for eventual MotoGP success.

Offline TheBear

• Bachelor Dog
« Reply #97 on: April 27, 2016, 10:40:04 am »
After such a long post-Jon period of no motorcycle world class riders, I immediately thought that this was a Hansie Cronje type thing, of course I could
not figure how he could have cheated. :-[  :eek7:
But I guess I can start rooting for a geniune world champion possibility here?

He is also on the traditionally correct path for eventual MotoGP success.

Sies man!  The world of motorcycle racing is singing his praises, but Saffers are thinking ugly stuff.  Go wash out your mouth with soap immediately, or else!   ;D

He is on the right path and for that we need to take our hats off to Dad and Mom Binder.  Dad is a very clever man and thinks strategy and long term.  I watched them work through the South African regional classes from 50cc onward, then the national classes, always concentrating in the 125GP class.  Then Brad qualified for the Rookies Cup and for two years mom flew over with Brad for every Rookies Cup race. 

Back here Dad was walking Darryn through the various 125GP classes.  He also had Darryn race in the 250 Cup on a Honda instead of a Kawasaki.  This made Darryn work real hard just for a top 5 place.  Dad had noted that with Brad ruling the roost here, he had forgotten how to dog fight and he wasn't fit enough for 25 lap races as our races were just 10 laps.  Darryn scored from that as he now raced 4 10 lap races a day in SA, one class on an underpowered, slow bike.

Brad got into a Moto3 team and Dad and mom decided on a "separation".  Mom and Brad moved to Spain where they bought a house, while Dad stayed here with Darryn.  As soon as Darryn ruled the roost here, they send him to try and qualify for the Rookies Cup.  He qualified and raced Rookies Cup for 2 years.  At the time Brad did okay, but struggled with the Mahindra.  Dad flew over taking his SA Championship Honda suspension with to fit to the Mahindra.  Rumours are that Dad poured R1.5m into that Mahindra to make it more competitive.  Brad finished 11th and 6th in the Championship with this.  That team offered Brad a Moto 2 ride for 2015 and 2016, but they rather accepted the Moto 3 ride from Red Bull KTM Ajo.  Dad managed to get Darryn into the Mahindra team spot that Brad vacated when he went to KTM. 

Mom, Darryn and Brad now lives in Spain, while Dad still commutes as he is running a very successful business here in SA.

I am reasonably sure that when Brad does move from Moto 3, it will be to a proper Moto2 team instead of a 3rd string MotoGP team  With luck Brad will take Zarco's place on the Aki Ajo owned Moto2 bike on which Zarco won the championship last year.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2016, 10:53:52 am by TheBear »
#BB33 #BRADICAL!
#DB40 #DIVEBOMB!
#SO4 #FULLGAS!

Offline Tony the Boney

• Race Dog
  • Bike: BMW (all models)
  • Threw away the key and locked the door
« Reply #98 on: April 27, 2016, 04:07:31 pm »
Thanks for that info Bear!! :thumleft:
The older I get, the earlier it gets late

Offline Roxtar

• REV IT UP
  • Race Dog
  • Aka Sprocket Face
« Reply #99 on: April 28, 2016, 03:49:04 pm »
An awsome display of talent and high time for Saffers to showcase our talent on the world stage.......... :thumleft: Hopefully this can open the door for more of our youngsters in future and serve as inspiration for those to come...

GO BRAD :thumleft:
Long live the Underdog.........