Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Alternative waterproof bags for panniers & top box?  (Read 720 times)

Offline DavidMorrisXp

Alternative waterproof bags for panniers & top box?
« on: March 07, 2016, 10:15:54 pm »
Any suggestions?

The ATG 32 liter seem like good alternatives and IP66 rated, but the 32 liters maybe a little on the small side but excellent value in comparison to OEM.
Check out my YouTube channel, please like & subscribe

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUyKBSrBu-N5oswrTlAhphQ

Offline zebra - Flying Brick

• Forum Vendor: Flying Brick Motorcycle Accessories 021 510 6455 info@flyingbrick.co.za
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: BMW (all models)
  • 8 Shropshire St, P Eiland S3354.712 E01828.208
    • [b]-Flying Brick- Motorcycle Accessories[/b]
Re: Alternative waterproof bags for panniers & top box?
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2016, 07:35:05 am »
Pop in, we have SW Motech dry bags in 5 sizes, some bigger than the ATG inners, and we also have the non-waterproof pannier inner bags (3-part set), that will fit most all boxes (OEM, Motorradical, Globe Scout, TRAX, etc).

If the panniers and top box ARE waterproof, would you still need waterproof pannier inners?

Cheers
Chris & Team
bike@flyingbrick.co.za CHRISTOPER L 021 510 6455  service@flyingbrick.co.za JAN 021 510 6455
sales@flyingbrick.co.za ANDRE 021 510 6455
orders@flyingbrick.co.za WERNER 021 510 6455
info@flyingbrick.co.za CHRIS G

Offline DavidMorrisXp

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2016, 08:25:13 am »
Pop in, we have SW Motech dry bags in 5 sizes, some bigger than the ATG inners, and we also have the non-waterproof pannier inner bags (3-part set), that will fit most all boxes (OEM, Motorradical, Globe Scout, TRAX, etc).

If the panniers and top box ARE waterproof, would you still need waterproof pannier inners?

Cheers
Chris & Team

Hi Chris

I knew of those marketed by Goose which are custom made to fit but are not waterproof.

As far as I can see my Motorradical boxes are not waterproof as they have small holes in some areas, maybe part of the design, I don't know

I will check on the net regarding the SW Motech and if they look the part, I will contact your sales team.

Thank you for the kind response
Check out my YouTube channel, please like & subscribe

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUyKBSrBu-N5oswrTlAhphQ

Offline Copernicus

• Bike: Vespa (all models)
  • Crossroads in the dirt.
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2016, 04:09:45 pm »

Cheers
Chris & Team

It helps if they are waterproof if you tie them on top.  The OEM bags have all the tie downs included for outside use.  But if not, I guess water resistance is not an issue.  But it is very handy to have bags, whatever type it is.
I started biking as an under achiever and it went downhill from there...