Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: WCOC - Caledon 200 Dunhgye Park 9 April  (Read 1106 times)

Offline Offroad2

WCOC - Caledon 200 Dunhgye Park 9 April
« on: March 08, 2016, 05:01:45 pm »
Hi all - this venue always delivers - some pictures from 2013

A look down to pits area

We would like to cut some new technical trails - just depends on time but on thing is for sure the tracks are really good
No Road like Off-Road

Offline PLUTO

Re: WCOC - Caledon 200 Dunhgye Park 9 April
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2016, 11:38:07 am »
Hi Offroad2!

are the pits for this race there at the tin shed with no sides?  Where there was a marshall on 27 Feb race ticking off laps on your helmet? 

if so, can't have a hill climb competition there afterwards? 

Offline Buff

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2016, 12:52:31 pm »
Always a great race and that hill climb sure sorts out the men from the boys  ;D

More time in that forest / riverbed section towards the end of the lap would be great, thatís such a lekka part of the lap but itís normally over too quickly  :3some:
Present bikes: BETA 300RR, KTM 690, Yamaha WR250F

If you're dumb you gotta be tough !!!

Offline Geel Kat

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2016, 12:54:44 pm »

More time in that forest / riverbed section towards the end of the lap would be great

You just want to rest in the shade  :peepwall:

Now that I have an MSA club license for the year, this has me thinking...

Offline Buff

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2016, 01:58:33 pm »

More time in that forest / riverbed section towards the end of the lap would be great

You're not too far off the mark with that assumption  ;D

Now we talking, get that KTM200 onto the start line, even if it's in the Social Class... although you'll be better suited to Masters after your training at the Baja  >:D
Present bikes: BETA 300RR, KTM 690, Yamaha WR250F

If you're dumb you gotta be tough !!!

Offline Offroad2

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2016, 03:26:35 pm »

Get yourself entered into social class ride 2 hours and enjoy it !
No Road like Off-Road

Offline Offroad2

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2016, 03:52:15 pm »
Hi Offroad2!

are the pits for this race there at the tin shed with no sides?  Where there was a marshall on 27 Feb race ticking off laps on your helmet? 

if so, can't have a hill climb competition there afterwards? 

Hi Murray,
Race is on a different farm on the Tesselaarsdal road out of Caledon - Farm Dunghye Park.  Lots got stuck on the rocky road hill but we it needs repair  so we plan to reverse direction and come down through bush near it. Chainsaw is part of our tool kit this weekend  :biggrin:
We plan to search a bit more distance, hope to achieve 50km loop.

here is a video link of last years start..... Video courtesy of Andy Pedersen - Thank you Andy it is worth watching and see the fun !
https://t.co/9Cq5wdUXc4

Please don't forget for those who don't not hold a regular MSA license -  there is a WOW license at R350 including entry fee (if you don't have medical aid then you can buy at R200 for year  - its a bargain)

This event will be good training for Baja & Amageze too.

No Road like Off-Road

Offline PLUTO

« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2016, 04:08:28 pm »
yes Clive i remember now!  there was that climb up next to that home-made rocky wall ... ja ja ja please can we go up it again!  It's all coming back to me now ... lots of lekker single track in a couple of forests, some wide open stuff, a section near a dam, a very short but photogenic in and out of a riverbed, and a river crossing to cool down on. 

ja , this is a great course! 

Offline Offroad2

« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2016, 04:22:06 pm »
yes Clive i remember now!  there was that climb up next to that home-made rocky wall ... ja ja ja please can we go up it again!  It's all coming back to me now ... lots of lekker single track in a couple of forests, some wide open stuff, a section near a dam, a very short but photogenic in and out of a riverbed, and a river crossing to cool down on. 

ja , this is a great course! 

Unfortunately it broke up really badly and is an access (was !) for fire fighting units - so we will choose something nearby.
We plan to have a work party there to repack it & fix it, but not race that piece  again - we need to respect these amazing landowners. They are ok if we cut a new line in the bush.
No Road like Off-Road