An impulsive 850km Solo - Southern Cape & Overberg...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

XRRX

Race Dog
WD Supporter
Reaction score
Bike
Honda CRF-1000L Africa Twin
The year started hectic and is staying hectic!! No time for riding me bike!!  :'(

So Wednesday morning I decided to swop my comfortable, but boring bakkie-cab for the old Plaasbike/Boat anchor ...  :ricky:
Had to do site inspections near Tesselaarsdal and near Heidelberg ...

From Mosselbay I tried to stick to gravel as close as possible to the coastline. Plan was to work down to Witsand and then at Malgas over the Ferry and then to Bredasdorp. Ferry was closed!!!  :xxbah: I was already irritated cause the clever lady at The Sands in Witsand "pressure washed" my bike with fuel I had to pay for!!! :xxbah: :xxbah:

Then through some nasty road construction to Buffeljags and Swellendam. On the other side of the Breede I turn left again to Malgas, before going right later to De Mond and Bredasdorp... Eat, Re-fuel and then a dice against a setting sun to reach the site before dark...

Next morning after the officials, off to Swellendam via Klipdale and Protem to work my way to the mountains for the final inspections I had to do. Through Suurbraak and pass Tradouw and Grootvadersbosch for the last of the officials...

Then an exhilarating dice against myself to Riversdale via Korentepoortdam. Now it was getting late and I was tired - so I pushed the Zaar on the N2 back home...  :biggrin: :thumleft:

Was it work, was it fun ... DON'T KNOW, BUT I DO KNOW IT WAS GREAT !!!  :ricky: :snorting:

Attachments

• Melkhoutfontein.jpg
    Melkhoutfontein.jpg
    475.5 KB · Views: 616
  • Gourits.jpg
    Gourits.jpg
    407.5 KB · Views: 615
  • Witsand.jpg
    Witsand.jpg
    412 KB · Views: 619
  • Stilbaai1.jpg
    Stilbaai1.jpg