Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: West Coast Baja 2016  (Read 38456 times)

Offline DirtRebell

• Grey hound
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
Re: West Coast Baja 2016 Updates
« Reply #180 on: March 21, 2016, 08:37:43 am »
Results not out yet.

What an absolute fun event!!!!

Prologue, had a blast  :biggrin:
Stage 1, navigation awesome, made two small mistakes combined less than 1km extra.  Waited for Mike did not know he did not start.  Lost 40 odd minutes that way, dumb mistake from me.
Missed second cutoff because of that.
Stage 2, had a great start at the back, caught a few guys, then on the big dune at the top I accidetally stepped on gear lever and went down a gear with throttle pinned.  Flipped bike which then attacked me, injured both knees, left just quite sore but OK, right fucking painfull probably ligament will have it checked out tomorrow.  Rally tower and roadbook holder ISM as well.

Have a few photos will post when back tomorrow.

Almost beer time...

Jammer om te hoor van jou teëspoed, maar bly jy is ok.
Hoop nie dis te ernstig nie?

Well done dat jy sover gekom het :thumleft:

Offline Andre v S

• Pack Dog
  • Bike: KTM 1290 Adventure R
« Reply #181 on: March 21, 2016, 10:07:42 am »
Out of interest - were they running the guys on the GPS tracks and the guys on the roadbooks on the same tracks at the same time?

Yes

Offline sidetrack

• Keep it real, keep it a single
  • Gentleman Dog
  • Bike: Yamaha XT 660 Z
« Reply #182 on: March 21, 2016, 12:02:03 pm »
Neil,
Do you know what is the story with Pal Anders? He seem to have vanished off the face of the earth, he was one of may favorite riders, and he is so incredibly fast and his interviews with the press are hilarious! He just always seems like such a fun and positive guy. Maybe he ran out of money and is struggling to find sponsorship, if this is the case, it is really sad as he is such a talented rider!!

He races the old Dakar route on the Africa Eco Race I think
Little by little, one travels far
J.R.R Tolkien

Offline SteveD

« Reply #183 on: March 21, 2016, 01:09:49 pm »
They're up here: http://www.amageza.com/#!blank-1/odxej

So what do you think of the format of the results? Penalties are broken down by each category, so you can see how many tulips were missed and what penalty resulted from that, how many times you didn't stop, speeding penalties etc etc.
I see the negative penalties (which are either time given back for helping at an accident, or after a protest) are not displaying correctly, but they are being summed correctly.
Is this better than previous events?

Offline Andre v S

• Pack Dog
  • Bike: KTM 1290 Adventure R
« Reply #184 on: March 21, 2016, 01:48:57 pm »
They're up here: http://www.amageza.com/#!blank-1/odxej

So what do you think of the format of the results? Penalties are broken down by each category, so you can see how many tulips were missed and what penalty resulted from that, how many times you didn't stop, speeding penalties etc etc.
I see the negative penalties (which are either time given back for helping at an accident, or after a protest) are not displaying correctly, but they are being summed correctly.

Much better, the problem is that I can't read the figures. Do you have a higher quality link? Furthermore, it would be nice to see the bikes they were riding and possibly the team.

Offline Cracker

• Grey hound
  • Bike: KTM 950 Adventure S
  • Top Biscuit!
« Reply #185 on: March 21, 2016, 05:10:58 pm »
Would be nice to see where Grolls finished - maybe it's coz I can hardly read the results with these ancient eyes ..............
Don't let fear hold you back ..... take it with you!

Offline BlueBull2007

• Caribbean
  • Global Moderator
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: AJS (all models)
« Reply #186 on: March 21, 2016, 05:21:44 pm »
Steve, its great :thumleft:

One, no two suggestions: A bit bigger would be nice (but that just a copy paste thing), and on the provisionals you posted on saturday, including the day's ranking would be fantastic.

Knopkop. Pal Anders is still around - he won the Africa Eco race (the old Dakar route) in January, but did not appear in the Dakar because he was unable to raise the sponsorship.
Rally nut. What could possibly go wrong?
Living the Rally Dream - Ride Report
Current bike: KTM 350 EXC   Previous bikes:  2010 WR450F, 2006 KTM450EXC,KTM 450RR, BMW800GS, KTM450EXC, BMW650 GS, BMW650 Dakar, and Honda XR250

Offline MaxThePanda

• Race Dog
  • Bike: Vespa (all models)
  • As in 'Even more Panda'. Also likes sharks.
    • Team 525
« Reply #187 on: March 21, 2016, 05:26:18 pm »

Yeah, but the low res jpeg is silly - put it in downloadable PDF or excel, like all other races.

Offline Rolling Stone

• Race Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS HP2
« Reply #188 on: March 21, 2016, 05:48:50 pm »
Would be nice to see where Grolls finished - maybe it's coz I can hardly read the results with these ancient eyes ..............
No 35
not bad for and old toppie :ricky:

Offline Rolling Stone

• Race Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS HP2
« Reply #189 on: March 21, 2016, 05:52:22 pm »
No 35
Did Kevin have some admin on route, He should have finished much higher up in the standings
41 looks like he was babysitting someone or had huge admin

Offline Gavin

« Reply #190 on: March 22, 2016, 09:07:00 am »
I found a KTM bike key on the street in Port Nolloth , it has a Woema keyring Im sure from a 690 . owner can contact me on 083 225 7251
Cheers

Offline Kevin_ZA

« Reply #191 on: March 22, 2016, 10:05:03 am »
No 35
Did Kevin have some admin on route, He should have finished much higher up in the standings
Hi Eddie…no admin issue. Merely ran out of talent. Absolutely awesome riding – very little liason and for me the SS was “in you face” riding. No chance to relax. The mountain loop was incredible – so glad I did it but the one steep incline with plenty loose rocks was hectic. No problem if one maintained momentum and got up first time.  For me,  running out of talent,  resulted in  60 minutes which should have been 5 minutes and all my energy was sapped. Something like that big dune we did on Amageza 2014 – luckily I got up that one first time.. Oh we had a dune that was even higher than the one in 2014 !!
Still it was incredible and in my opinion was more technical than any Amageza SS stage I finished. Unfortunately this Baja also gave me a bit of a reality check. Doubt I will do any more. Thanks  Alexander and the Amageza/Baja crew. You held a fantastic event. IMO a big improvement.
Everyone knows the saying " a day without wine is like a day without sunshine"  Truely applicable but as important - a day without my bike is like a day without sunshine !!!

Offline Geel Kat

« Reply #192 on: March 22, 2016, 10:28:42 am »
Jammer om te hoor van jou teëspoed, maar bly jy is ok.
Hoop nie dis te ernstig nie?

Regter MCL na moer, niks wat 'n paar weke se rus en TransAct nie sal regmaak nie  :thumleft:

Offline bud500

• RIP dear friend
  • Global Moderator
  • Grey hound
  • Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
« Reply #193 on: March 22, 2016, 10:31:28 am »
No 35
Hi Eddie…no admin issue. Merely ran out of talent. Absolutely awesome riding – very little liason and for me the SS was “in you face” riding. No chance to relax. The mountain loop was incredible – so glad I did it but the one steep incline with plenty loose rocks was hectic. No problem if one maintained momentum and got up first time.  For me,  running out of talent,  resulted in  60 minutes which should have been 5 minutes and all my energy was sapped. Something like that big dune we did on Amageza 2014 – luckily I got up that one first time.. Oh we had a dune that was even higher than the one in 2014 !!
Still it was incredible and in my opinion was more technical than any Amageza SS stage I finished. Unfortunately this Baja also gave me a bit of a reality check. Doubt I will do any more. Thanks  Alexander and the Amageza/Baja crew. You held a fantastic event. IMO a big improvement.

Well done Uncle Kev!
Live like someone left the gate open.

Offline weskus

• Race Dog
  • Vrek gewerk!!
« Reply #194 on: March 22, 2016, 10:38:59 am »
No 35
Well done Kevin.. :thumleft:

Vorige scooters : Suzuki TS 185, Honda CD 200, Suzuki PE 250, Kawasaki Z650, Yamaha 495 IT, Kawasaki KLX 300, BMW F 650 GS Dakar, BMW F 800 GS, KDX200, KTM300, Suzuki GSXR1000, Honda CD200, KTM 1290 Superduke (stukkend geval) tans KTM 990 Adv - toer,  KTM 300 XCW- funrides,Honda Z50 Monkeybike(projek), Honda ST70 Dax,Honda S110 Benly, Honda C110 trail, Yamaha RS125, Honda CX500 Custom - bar toe..

Offline Beemer Mike

• Race Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS
  • Preserve the Wild Dog (in formaldehyde)!!!
« Reply #195 on: March 22, 2016, 10:39:17 am »
I dont see Judy Hardy on the results. Anyone know how she did?
BMW 1150 GSA
Honda XR 650 L
BMW GS 1200 LC Trophy

Offline bud500

• RIP dear friend
  • Global Moderator
  • Grey hound
« Reply #196 on: March 22, 2016, 10:49:40 am »
I dont see Judy Hardy on the results. Anyone know how she did?

Time barred on day 1 I believe.
It was covered here in earlier posts.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2016, 10:50:05 am by bud500 »
Live like someone left the gate open.

Offline luckyloo

• Puppy
  • Bike: Yamaha TW200
« Reply #197 on: March 22, 2016, 12:31:29 pm »
Hey Steve where can we see the stage 2 results?

Offline Kamanya

• Global Moderator
  • Grey hound
  • Bike: KTM 950 Adventure S
  • Andrew to everyone
« Reply #198 on: March 22, 2016, 12:39:44 pm »
I want to see video!

Come on, I saw a bunch with gopro's.
Somedays, life's like a middlemannetjie.

Offline Alsdad

• Pack Dog
  • Bike: KTM 1290 Super Adventure
  • Troy
« Reply #199 on: March 22, 2016, 12:42:07 pm »
 :sip:
It is better to ask for forgiveness than permission!