Bikers who scare me....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Swannie 685

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Kawasaki KLR 650
..no not for myself but for their own lives.

Literally hundreds of bikes if not thousands went past my house on their way to Mossel Bay.

What a sight ! en i enjoy every moment of it, BUT..BUT..the speed which some of these bikers drove, was sometimes more than insane.

I saw a rider with pillion on an old green Kawasaki ( guess 1300cc) and when they passed me, i said to myself: "  You will never reach Mossel Bay alive, may you rest in peace biker."

There is no way in hell to avoid even  a tortoise on the road ( ever wondered why there are signs posted next to the road?)

But the biggest danger are the farmers who shift their big combines during "off peak" hours and on weekends.

At excessive speeds i would really like to see how a biker will react when coming around a bend, only to see a bakkie with flashing emergency lights,behind a combine, driving 10km/h.

I was also young and most of the time very stupid ( Maybe some people will say i am now only stupid), but really, our roads are not built for that type of speed.

I always like to yank the chains of Harley Davidson riders, but mostly because they never greet me on the road,although i saw it once again how they enjoy riding bikes. Leisurely, watching the scenery, all cool and calm. Isn`t this really the way to enjoy a bike outing ?

You may crucify me, tell me i`m just an old Ballie and that i do not have the skills to drive like a maniac, but at least i have a better chance to arrive alive at any destination.

I really feel sad to know after this long weekend quite a few people would have lost their lives so unnecessarily.

YOU sir/lady are a friend i haven`t yet had the pleasure to meet - so don`t deny me.

Regardless this almost ranting post ,I DO wish everybody a safe ride to and from where ever you went.

:ricky: :ricky: :ricky: :ricky: