Whowho - got my own bike now!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
L

LIL MINX

(Not sure which section to post this on but pl move to correct spot if necessary)

On Friday past, i picked up my bike from the KTM workshop - everything had been done that I had asked for and she looked amazing :ricky:

Not even 2 hours later I joined XXX and we were riding out in the Durbanville backhills, then some traffic, by now it was getting dark and thought lets do a bit on some gravel - i knew i had to get my confidence on her and the whole respect thingy ;)

The throttle took me some getting used to as i just had to open slightly and this bike responded big time :eek:

Had a huge amount of fun for the first time but kept thinking..... hmmmm i have so much to learn.

On Saturday off to the Wacky Wine Festival with bikes on the trailer (rain in between ::))

It rained for most of the day but that did not stop XXX and myself from getting onto the Katooms and riding to a good couple of places (met some friends there at a pub) to sample the many varieties of wines, muskadel went down the best in the cold.....

After each stretch of riding, i could feel my confidence getting better and better and this was a gr8 feeling 8)

All I wanted to do was ride this bike of mine, so Sunday off XXX and I go, over Helshoogte Pass and head on for Franschoek...... shite, the wind was hectic and it was on this ride that I was very afraid..... it felt like i was going to get blown off at certain points... then u see the superbikes come blasting past and cutting in front of you....shew I was finished :eek:

Had something to eat at The Huguenot (saw JohanGPS and his wife - quick chat) then knew that the challenge of riding back in the wind was ahead..... turned out it was better cause of wind behind us 8)

I so badly wanted to ride on some gravel - anything was better than dealing with the wind on the mountain passes and so we found ;D

Having to avoid all the roosts from XXX in front of me... hehehe - he ain't afraid :ricky: - got some more experience and i felt much better again and in control..... (sorry for not many riding pic's at this point but there will be some 4sure)

Met by chance KK & Jilly, Iceman, Little E and some others by the wind generators and all decided to head down to Lapa for a couple of cold beers but we cut through some more gravel ;D ;D

Had some well deserved beers and again cut back through the gravel.....

What a cool first bike riding experience for a 'newbie' - got thrown into a bit of everything and now all I want to do is ride, in fact I will go after work and fit in an hour ;)