Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Golden oldies out to check dam levels  (Read 742 times)

Offline XT JOE

Golden oldies out to check dam levels
« on: March 22, 2016, 05:13:22 pm »
With few opportunities to go for a ride (working to much) good neighbor and other other  xt owner Brian and myself went for a morning spin on monday to check out drying damlevels. Out of Somerset to Franchoek -climbing out of franchoek into a misty wet  pass was a good awakening but massive fun on 2 wheels- the 2 xts echoing nicely through the mountains and then swinging a right and left onto Theewaterskloof/Dassiesiesfontein road- Theewaters must be the lowest in about 10 plus years that ive been going around it. Not the best pics but..
When life gets to hard to stand. kneel

Offline XT JOE

Re: Golden oldies out to check dam levels
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2016, 05:34:08 pm »
We had a plan of bypassing the rip off Dassiesfontein but coffee was needed and we gave in. Still as nice as always with all sorts of crap piled ceiling height- just way to expensive. A nice drizzle started while we were there chomping bacon and egg sarmies and a double coffee and we looked forward to a good ride down towards Honingklip and then over Highlands back to CT. Rain stopped as quickly as it started but the nice cool fresh air was a nice change. Highlands was burned to pieces and almost look like a different place on top of the mountain but the green bits were already coming through again. As almost always Xt's ran like clockwork and not having taken it for a spin in a long while it i really enjoyed.

We just did a quick stop at the Steenbras where the N2 crosses it-- again seriously down on water- probably a good time for fishing i imagine. Probably the same route we started riding many moons back and then did it so many times and got so gatvol we stayed away- good time if you have 4 hrs to kill
When life gets to hard to stand. kneel

Offline Casting from Turd

• Read my avatar and act accordingly
  • Grey hound
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
  • #DTCBM
    • addobackpackers.com
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2016, 06:03:02 pm »
And did you fish??
I dont want to ride fast, But I want to ride FAR
Past Bikes...Honda XR250 Tornado,Honda XR650L
Honda XL1000V Varadero
BMW 1200 GSA, 800GSA
http://www.addobackpackers.com

Offline Sprocketbek

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2016, 06:34:54 pm »
And did you fish??

No man, he would have said so!

Nice trip  :thumleft:  ;D
KTM 990 Adv
KTM 640 Adv
"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots." - Umberto Eco, 2012

Offline Casting from Turd

• Read my avatar and act accordingly
  • Grey hound
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
  • #DTCBM
    • addobackpackers.com
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2016, 07:16:59 pm »
And did you fish??

No man, he would have said so!

Nice trip  :thumleft:  ;D

Then why the moer would he ride around with a Flyrod Tube strapped to his bike......  Poser?  :imaposer:
I dont want to ride fast, But I want to ride FAR
Past Bikes...Honda XR250 Tornado,Honda XR650L
Honda XL1000V Varadero
BMW 1200 GSA, 800GSA
http://www.addobackpackers.com