Maybe I need my head read.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oldmannorman

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
AJS (all models)
All my previous bikes, were in good condition and I tried to keep them that way. Since I sold my GS, I've been looking for a 2 stroke as I have never owned one, except for a Vespa in 1959.
Today I purchased a 1988 ( which turned out to be a 1983 ) Suzuki ER 250 which was advertised on Gumtree, with 1440 kms    (genuine) on the clock, in Albertinia. I am the second owner.
On this forum it would be a project bike, as it looks its age, But I am not a project person,  (especially at my age) ((excuse)) the bike will be cleaned up re-registered (I have a copy paper of purchase and the original deregistration) roadworthy'd and ridden. It starts first kick on choke. As it was pissing, I could only ride it in 1st 2nd and 3rd on the farm. Not even sure how many gears it has. Battery is dead, no lights work, but it started 6 times on the first kick and runs. I still have to collect the bike, so no fotos as yet. Its under Eden on Gumtree.

What I need to know, from the WD 2 smoke gurus is, why is there no ER 250 specs on Google . They only show the TS.
Plus, what needs to be done and where do I start. ??? ??? ???  HELP!!!