Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Life in America - I made the move.  (Read 1330278 times)

Mrs. Zog and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline Mr Zog

• Well fuck me, I'm a
  • Grey hound
  • Bike: Honda XL500S
  • Without the gutter my mind would be homeless...
Re: Life in America - I made the move.
« Reply #10880 on: January 30, 2021, 04:09:07 am »
And finally...

today I had a good giggle  :pot:

I went out to a house where the pressure tank was rusted through and leaking quite badly. The pump and pressure tank are located in a shed off the side of the house. The husband was at work, but the wife was there to let me in and show me where to go.

Here is a pic of the leaking pressure tank...

And another...

This is the view of the setup that I got when I walked into the shed. Except for one thing...  :pot:

Stuck to the side of the pressure tank was this object.

See it yet?

Look closely...  :peepwall:

:sip:

:lol8:

:spitcoffee:

Let me help you...  :deal:

Still wondering?  :peepwall:

Yup... it was a BIG, FAT, suction cup dildo  :imaposer: :imaposer: :imaposer:

When I walked in I saw it and was wondering....

then the lady walked in behind me... she saw it... she went a massive bright red shade  :imaposer: :imaposer: :imaposer:  and she's a ginger  :imaposer: :imaposer: :imaposer:

She just said...  "that's my husband's idea of a joke", then she popped it off the pressure tank and dropped it down on a bucket while she got really busy clearing away some kak from around the area  :imaposer: :imaposer: :imaposer: :imaposer: :imaposer: :imaposer:

I wonder what she said to him when he got home this evening  :peepwall: :dousing: :lamer:  :imaposer: :imaposer: :imaposer:
« Last Edit: January 30, 2021, 04:10:26 am by Mr Zog »
Young enough to know I can, old enough to know I shouldn't, stupid enough to do it anyway.

Offline grizz

• Race Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS
  • ROCHERSTER, KENT
« Reply #10881 on: January 30, 2021, 08:52:59 am »
I would have complimented her on her choice.

I am sure she is not the only one who has toys
NEVER EVER UNDERESTIMATE THE STUPIDITY OF OTHERS....

I LIVE IN ROCHESTER, KENT, UK.

Online Mrs. Zog

« Reply #10882 on: January 31, 2021, 02:14:22 am »
Saturday evening. A very satisfying day of gardening even though I should have been working. Ah well.

Chicken pot pies from scratch, including puff pastry. I'm very bad at pastry, I can never get it quite right. But tonight, I nailed it.

I'm happy with this.  :)

Offline Fudmucker

• Grey hound
  • Bike: BMW R80GS
  • Airheads are an admirable addiction
« Reply #10883 on: January 31, 2021, 08:28:52 am »
I would have complimented her on her choice.

I am sure she is not the only one who has toys

Perhaps she misunderstood when hubby asked for Snap-on Tools for Christmas?
Life is far too short to be taken too seriously.
I am far too short to be taken too seriously.

I'm not deaf... I'm ignoring you.

Offline Ri

« Reply #10884 on: January 31, 2021, 08:42:38 am »
Saturday evening. A very satisfying day of gardening even though I should have been working. Ah well.

Chicken pot pies from scratch, including puff pastry. I'm very bad at pastry, I can never get it quite right. But tonight, I nailed it.

I'm happy with this.  :)

Impressive!

Offline Mr Zog

• Well fuck me, I'm a
  • Grey hound
« Reply #10885 on: February 01, 2021, 03:09:00 am »
Gary,

Looking at those box sides, something just looks wrong with the dimensions, just asking.  :sip:

I wasn't ignoring you Welsh, your words have been bugging me all week...  :sip:

I double checked the measurements, even cut the finger joints and joined them together.

They are good  :thumleft:  :biggrin:
Young enough to know I can, old enough to know I shouldn't, stupid enough to do it anyway.

Offline Mr Zog

• Well fuck me, I'm a
  • Grey hound
« Reply #10886 on: February 01, 2021, 03:26:37 am »
So I finally got all the finger joints cut  :o

Amongst all the other stuff I did this weekend; some gardening, mowed the lawn, tidied and repacked the garage setting out my gym equipment with the hope that I will start gyming again tomorrow, shopping, chores, etc...

I also cleaned out a bunch of stuff from the workshop, the mobile crane is now in the garden shed, and some of teh boat spares are in the fishing shed. Cutting the wood was making a shit-ton of dust, so I grabbed the two box fans and using some reclaimed wood I fixed them together and hung them at the workshop door to get some better airflow through the workshop to help expel some of the dust. Seemed to work ok  :thumleft:

for some strange reason these pics are sideways  :o

So I now have 180 fronts and backs, with all finger joints cut...

and 180 side pieces with all finger joints cut...

Sammy came to check that I was cleaning up properly  :lol8:

I did the math, this weekend I cut 2880 finger joints  :eek7:

No wonder I made so much sawdust  8)  and no wonder my hands are stiff from all that work  :peepwall:

Finally we finished off the weekend with a little braai  :drif:

and of course my braaibuddy was there to help with the quality control  :lol8:

Tomorrow I have the day off work. Following my citizenship naturalization I need to do some admin with the IRS, the Social Security Administration, I need to apply for a passport, and I need to register to vote. So I took the day off to try get all that done. If I have any time left over I'll wash my bakkie (its filthy  :patch: ) and do some more work on the boxes. The bottoms need to be cut before I can start assembling them.

Thanks for reading, have a great week guys & girls  :thumleft:  :ricky:

Offline woody1

• Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: Yamaha Super Tenere
  • XT1200ZE "Vinnige" Witte
« Reply #10887 on: February 01, 2021, 07:08:59 am »
Gary did you use a Dado blade for cutting the finger joints

I WOULD RATHER BE AN HONEST ASSHOLE .... THAN A FLIPPEN LIAR !   

Ducati 100cc Mountaineer, Honda 550 K3, Suzuki Gs1000E, Suzuki Gs1000G, Suzuki 1100 Katana, BMW R1100RT, BMW R1150RT,,,,,All gone. Only 2014 ST in the garage at the moment... And Honda XL 600

Offline Mikie

• Kyalami - Jozi
  • Grey hound
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
« Reply #10888 on: February 01, 2021, 08:11:59 am »

then the lady walked in behind me... she saw it... she went a massive bright red shade  :imaposer: :imaposer: :imaposer:  and she's a ginger  :imaposer: :imaposer: :imaposer:

She just said...  "that's my husband's idea of a joke", then she popped it off the pressure tank and dropped it down on a bucket while she got really busy clearing away some kak from around the area  :imaposer: :imaposer: :imaposer: :imaposer: :imaposer: :imaposer:

I wonder what she said to him when he got home this evening  :peepwall: :dousing: :lamer:  :imaposer: :imaposer: :imaposer:

:imaposer: :imaposer: I would have paid to see her face at the time
:paw:

Pronounciation:
M-aai-kie
My-Key

Offline Mr Zog

• Well fuck me, I'm a
  • Grey hound
« Reply #10889 on: February 01, 2021, 06:52:49 pm »
Gary did you use a Dado blade for cutting the finger joints

Yes  :thumleft:

The following users thanked this post: woody1

Offline Welsh

• BMW R1150GSV
  • Gentleman Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1150GS
  • Thunder Twonk. The two legged Twat Monkey.
« Reply #10890 on: February 01, 2021, 07:00:53 pm »
Gary,

Looking at those box sides, something just looks wrong with the dimensions, just asking.  :sip:

I double checked the measurements, even cut the finger joints and joined them together.

ZOG, I am a known TWOT, I just threw it out as I knew the same chirp would drive me nuts  :biggrin: i couldnt come close to your woodwork.  :biggrin:
An aspiring Coddiwompler
I want to grow my own food, looking for Bacon seeds

Offline Mr Zog

• Well fuck me, I'm a
  • Grey hound
« Reply #10891 on: February 02, 2021, 02:22:43 am »
Gary,

ZOG, I am a known TWOT, I just threw it out as I knew the same chirp would drive me nuts  :biggrin: i couldnt come close to your woodwork.  :biggrin:

CU next tuesday  :deal:  :dousing:  :peepwall:  :imaposer: :imaposer: :imaposer:

Online Mrs. Zog

« Reply #10892 on: February 02, 2021, 03:36:37 pm »
So, I've been having nasty wrist and finger joint pain in my "mouse hand" from working with a mouse all day, nearly every day.

On Sunday it got so bad I had to stop work and wait for Brufen and Panado to kick in. Sunday night I found a solution. I ordered an ergonomic mouse. I even bit the bullet on next day delivery, and it arrived Monday afternoon. Altogether it set me back $33, including delivery. I figure it'll save me $$ in medical treatment down the line.

It looks like something out of Star Trek. But it works. It immediately took all the strain off the wrist and fingers. It places the mouse hand into a natural "handshake"-like position instead of kinking the wrist, as with a regular mouse. I also have small hands, and this mouse fits me much more naturally than a normal mouse. I wish I had done this years ago! It took a couple of hours and then I got used to the shape.

I highly recommend this if you have the same problem.  :thumleft:
« Last Edit: February 02, 2021, 03:37:25 pm by Mrs. Zog »

Offline Blou Zebu

• Alika voalohoany eto i'Madagasikara
  • Race Dog
  • Bike: Suzuki DR650
  • Justice, mercy and humble obedience.
« Reply #10893 on: February 02, 2021, 04:56:02 pm »
So, I've been having nasty wrist and finger joint pain in my "mouse hand" from working with a mouse all day, nearly every day.

On Sunday it got so bad I had to stop work and wait for Brufen and Panado to kick in. Sunday night I found a solution. I ordered an ergonomic mouse. I even bit the bullet on next day delivery, and it arrived Monday afternoon. Altogether it set me back $33, including delivery. I figure it'll save me $$ in medical treatment down the line.

It looks like something out of Star Trek. But it works. It immediately took all the strain off the wrist and fingers. It places the mouse hand into a natural "handshake"-like position instead of kinking the wrist, as with a regular mouse. I also have small hands, and this mouse fits me much more naturally than a normal mouse. I wish I had done this years ago! It took a couple of hours and then I got used to the shape.

the beginning of carpal tunnel syndrome?
XT 350 STOLEN!!!!
DR650SE 2006 Ek en die Dominee gaan orals!

Let me know if youre ever in Madagascar.
Die paaie is lank, wild en woes!

Offline Rooikoos

« Reply #10894 on: February 02, 2021, 05:54:02 pm »

I hear those mice are very good!
Too bad I am lefthanded...

Online Mrs. Zog

« Reply #10895 on: February 02, 2021, 06:38:41 pm »
the beginning of carpal tunnel syndrome?

Possibly, in the wrist, but I have more problems with my finger joints, mostly the middle and ring fingers, ring finger especially, that's the one that ends up squashed up against the outside of a regular mouse, putting pressure on the joint. I'm not sure how to explain it.

I'm sure they make these for lefties? Must be.

P.S. Here you go: https://www.amazon.com/Left-Hand-Vertical-Mouse/s?k=Left+Hand+Vertical+Mouse
« Last Edit: February 02, 2021, 06:40:47 pm by Mrs. Zog »

Online Mrs. Zog

« Reply #10896 on: February 03, 2021, 03:44:26 pm »
Frost this morning - we've been having very cold nights for about a week now. My subtropical plants are not happy. I think one of my hibiscuses is dying.

I did my morning garden walk with my second cup of coffee and spotted signs of life on one of my two my prickly pears - finally! Obviously taking it out of the ground and putting it into a pot did the trick.  :)

Online Mrs. Zog

« Reply #10897 on: February 03, 2021, 03:51:57 pm »
Behold the glory of my Christmas cactus!

I'm going to do a lot more gardening this year. It really does make me happy and brings me joy.

Offline Tom van Brits

« Reply #10898 on: February 03, 2021, 03:58:29 pm »
Behold the glory of my Christmas cactus!

I'm going to do a lot more gardening this year. It really does make me happy and brings me joy.

Beautiful
I think in Afrikaans it's called a 'Bladroos' and I used to have one here on my stoep for years till it gone missing. :dousing:

The following users thanked this post: Mrs. Zog

Online Mrs. Zog

« Reply #10899 on: February 04, 2021, 05:04:41 pm »
Meanwhile, across the street... Mexican music at ear-shattering volume.

I'm trying to ignore it and focus on work, but it's difficult. The dogs don't like it much either.

The construction has been going on for weeks now, with trucks blocking the street and making a mess. It sucks. I hope at least we get quiet, decent people moving in there.

:dousing: