Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Life in America - I made the move.  (Read 1327179 times)

Offline frankmac

• Race Dog
  • Bike: Singer (all models)
  • You want my what??
Re: Life in America - I made the move.
« Reply #10960 on: February 12, 2021, 07:49:42 pm »
And just in time for the weekend...

Here is part 2  :thumleft:

Looking good, Gary. I did comment on your YouTube that I found myself fast-forwarding on certain sections where I felt you could have edited it.

Nonetheless a stout effort and one which I would be out of my depth.   

Offline Ri

« Reply #10961 on: February 12, 2021, 11:06:56 pm »
Cool Gary - I'm liking it. Maggie is gonna make you famous and earn you lotsa money. You need to introduce Maggie to your Youtube followers as your handlanger (Afrikaans) - not sure what you yanks call it - ha ha.

Liked and subscribed on Youtube  :thumleft:

Great stuff - keep it coming.
Handlanger - Sidekick :thumleft:

Sidechick  :peepwall: :imaposer:

Offline Fudmucker

• Grey hound
  • Bike: BMW R80GS
  • Airheads are an admirable addiction
« Reply #10962 on: February 13, 2021, 04:00:48 am »
Maggie is the Quality Inspector.  ::)
She sticks her nose in all the time and doesn't contribute to the production capacity in any way.   :sip:
Life is far too short to be taken too seriously.
I am far too short to be taken too seriously.

I'm not deaf... I'm ignoring you.

Offline TeeJay

« Reply #10963 on: February 13, 2021, 01:58:24 pm »
I say again - your key to Youtube riches is Maggie - you need to include (and hero) that doggie in your video's  :3some:
Ja/Nee

The following users thanked this post: woody1

Offline BigEd

• Race Dog
  • Bike: NER-A-CAR
  • Panorama, Cape Town
« Reply #10964 on: February 13, 2021, 09:20:43 pm »
Looking good, Gary. I did comment on your YouTube that I found myself fast-forwarding on certain sections where I felt you could have edited it.

Nonetheless a stout effort and one which I would be out of my depth.

Good advice. I notice vloggers use a fast forwarding option a lot.

You can get backgroud music for free like this.  https://youtu.be/Vhd6Kc4TZls
81 XT500 (sold) 82 GPZ550 (sold)
04 XL650V Transalp (sold) 01 XL1000V Varadero (sold)
88 DR750s Dr Big (sold) 01 R1150GS BMW (sold)
84 XT600 Tenere 34L (sold)
?? Trek 6000 martelpyp (gave the stupid thing away)

Offline Mrs. Zog

« Reply #10965 on: February 14, 2021, 12:56:00 am »
Pollen. We are suffering. Maggie is now taking Apoquel. Mr. Zog and I are taking loratadine, which helps a bit.

To illustrate the problem, we had a brief rain shower today that washed all the pollen off of our cars and the driveway into the rain gutter at the street. It's nasty, a pollen sludge. The huge oak tree across the street is the problem. Unfortunately we can't tell the neighbors to cut down their tree.

So we must suffer.  :P

Offline ExploreSA

• Race Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
« Reply #10966 on: February 14, 2021, 09:26:04 am »
So, I've been having nasty wrist and finger joint pain in my "mouse hand" from working with a mouse all day, nearly every day.

What I do for the past 8 years:
- One tablespoon cold pressed virgin olive oil daily. Lubricates all the joints.

I am off meds for that part three weeks after I started. Lately just a swig from a bottle on the kitchen counter, For life!
I live to please but don't always succeed

The following users thanked this post: Mrs. Zog

Offline Mr Zog

• Well fuck me, I'm a
  • Grey hound
  • Bike: Honda XL500S
  • Without the gutter my mind would be homeless...
« Reply #10967 on: February 14, 2021, 12:45:03 pm »
Part 3 of the bvuild  :sip:

Young enough to know I can, old enough to know I shouldn't, stupid enough to do it anyway.

Offline RobC

• Stoepkakkertjie
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: Kawasaki KLR 650
  • Bloemfontein
« Reply #10968 on: February 14, 2021, 01:25:51 pm »
Pollen. We are suffering. Maggie is now taking Apoquel. Mr. Zog and I are taking loratadine, which helps a bit.

To illustrate the problem, we had a brief rain shower today that washed all the pollen off of our cars and the driveway into the rain gutter at the street. It's nasty, a pollen sludge. The huge oak tree across the street is the problem. Unfortunately we can't tell the neighbors to cut down their tree.

So we must suffer.  :P
Pollen sludge is ok, it means it is no longer in the air... but I know your pain, my allergen of choice is pine trees and sunflowers. :eek7:
Fortunately in the case of sunflowers it only happens when I handle the plants or flowers in very close up conditions. ::)

Offline Mr Zog

• Well fuck me, I'm a
  • Grey hound
« Reply #10969 on: February 14, 2021, 05:00:09 pm »
Part 3 of the bvuild  :sip:

I have realised a couple of things;

1. I need to buy a new "hand holder" thingy for the camera. The one I have is a very old tripod from an old camera I used to have. It rattles and that causes a whole lot of noise on the microphone.
2. I need to try and keep the videos a bit shorter. I tried this with the last one by speeding up some of the scenes.
3. I probably need to get a "proper" camera (like a real GoPro) with image stabilization. The shaking while moving is very nasty. But "real" GoPro's are just not in the budget right now  :peepwall:  :imaposer:

I think the editing is getting a bit better, it's taking me less time each time, and with better results. So hopefully I get to spend less time editing and more time working (producing content) soon.

Thanks for watching guys & girls.  :thumleft:
Young enough to know I can, old enough to know I shouldn't, stupid enough to do it anyway.

The following users thanked this post: Skeltonsc, BigEd

Offline Skeltonsc

« Reply #10970 on: February 14, 2021, 05:39:39 pm »
Well done on the latest video, getting much better.

maybe not a great idea to mention your not gonna answer the message from work  >:D >:D

I cannot believe how much you guys have accomplished since moving to the states.

You guys really are a inspiration to the rest of us  :thumleft: :thumleft:

Offline frankmac

• Race Dog
  • Bike: Singer (all models)
  • You want my what??
« Reply #10971 on: February 14, 2021, 06:51:43 pm »

I love your sense of humour and attention to detail appeal to me.

Perhaps giving viewers some background to why you and the good wife are in Florida instead of the good ol' RSA.

My first reaction to your skill saw cutting was where are your safety glasses at least. Your videos are instructional but also need to set an example.

Apologies if you think I'm out of order but that is what EHS is.

Offline Skeltonsc

« Reply #10972 on: February 14, 2021, 06:55:05 pm »
I cannot wait for the Boat videos, oh and lets not forget the Bike :thumleft: :thumleft:

Offline Tom van Brits

« Reply #10973 on: February 14, 2021, 06:55:33 pm »

I love your sense of humour and attention to detail appeal to me.

Perhaps giving viewers some background to why you and the good wife are in Florida instead of the good ol' RSA.

My first reaction to your skill saw cutting was where are your safety glasses at least. Your videos are instructional but also need to set an example.

Apologies if you think I'm out of order but that is what EHS is.

+1  :thumleft:

Offline BigEd

• Race Dog
  • Bike: NER-A-CAR
  • Panorama, Cape Town
« Reply #10974 on: February 14, 2021, 10:38:49 pm »
Great stuff. Watched part 3 this afternoon already. Love the speeding up.  :thumleft: :thumleft: :thumleft:

You are getting pretty handy with all this. :3some:

Remove the part about not answering work call / message... just to be safe... :sip:
81 XT500 (sold) 82 GPZ550 (sold)
04 XL650V Transalp (sold) 01 XL1000V Varadero (sold)
88 DR750s Dr Big (sold) 01 R1150GS BMW (sold)
84 XT600 Tenere 34L (sold)
?? Trek 6000 martelpyp (gave the stupid thing away)

Offline Mr Zog

• Well fuck me, I'm a
  • Grey hound
« Reply #10975 on: February 15, 2021, 03:34:20 am »
Thanks y'all...   :thumleft:

Just so y'all know, I did check the work messages, but only after I had done with that video clip. I was officially off duty, not on the clock, and therefore no reason to check my work messages with any haste. I do have a life outside of work, and I should have just switched the work phone off when I got home, but I forgot  :peepwall:  :imaposer:

And for the inquisitive, the messages were our dispatching system informing me about jobs that had been scheduled for the following day. Nothing immediately important  :lol8:

Maybe one day I will get a call from work while I am recording.. the ring tone for work is a pretty cool one  :pot:  :peepwall:  :imaposer:

The following users thanked this post: Skeltonsc

Offline Mr Zog

• Well fuck me, I'm a
  • Grey hound
« Reply #10976 on: February 15, 2021, 03:36:05 am »
Part 4 is now uploaded. Its just a short one...  :deal:

Offline TeeJay

« Reply #10977 on: February 15, 2021, 08:39:18 am »
Watched all 4 parts - it's getting better and glad to see that Maggie is getting more airtime - what a special little dog that one is hey - I never realised until I saw her "live".

You're gonna piss the 'Mericans off saying they just throw stuff away. Maybe consider who your audience is (who are you appealing to - to get to 1 million views) - also the SA lingo we appreciate of course but others won't understand.

Anyway - it's nice to see you in action and I'm sure everything will improve over time. Six months from now you will be so much more experienced at Youtube videos than probably all of us lazy bastids. Good on you for doing this and I hope the money starts flowing in one day.
Ja/Nee

The following users thanked this post: Tom van Brits

Offline Fudmucker

• Grey hound
  • Bike: BMW R80GS
  • Airheads are an admirable addiction
« Reply #10978 on: February 15, 2021, 08:55:19 am »
Watched all 4 parts - it's getting better and glad to see that Maggie is getting more airtime - what a special little dog that one is hey - I never realised until I saw her "live".

You're gonna piss the 'Mericans off saying they just throw stuff away. Maybe consider who your audience is (who are you appealing to - to get to 1 million views) - also the SA lingo we appreciate of course but others won't understand.

Anyway - it's nice to see you in action and I'm sure everything will improve over time. Six months from now you will be so much more experienced at Youtube videos than probably all of us lazy bastids. Good on you for doing this and I hope the money starts flowing in one day.

Zog is 'merican now. He has the right to free speech under the first amendment.  ;D
Truth is in short supply over there - and they DO just throw things away.
Let him speak - in Sowfaffrican while he still has the accent.
Life is far too short to be taken too seriously.
I am far too short to be taken too seriously.

I'm not deaf... I'm ignoring you.

Offline Ri

« Reply #10979 on: February 15, 2021, 09:02:45 am »

Zog is 'merican now. He has the right to free speech under the first amendment.  ;D
Truth is in short supply over there - and they DO just throw things away.
Let him speak - in Sowfaffrican while he still has the accent.

Fully agreed. They probably don't watch a show like this anyway, because they throw things away, not fix them :imaposer:

SA lingo differentiates our Mr Zog from a million other YouTubers doing DIY shows. He could maybe explain the terms, but also doesn't have to. Ozzie YouTubers don't change their slang to suit anyone ;D

The following users thanked this post: Skeltonsc