Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Life in America - I made the move.  (Read 1258820 times)

Offline Mr Zog

• Well fuck me, I'm a
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: Honda XL500S
  • Without the gutter my mind would be homeless...
Re: Life in America - I made the move.
« Reply #180 on: March 31, 2016, 10:17:58 pm »
Remember we lived in Holland for 5 years. At first we missed some stuff. But later we just used  what was locally available..
Now I dont even touch Mrs Balls now.  :imaposer:

Phyllistyn!!!  :dousing: :xxbah: :imaposer:
Young enough to know I can, old enough to know I shouldn't, stupid enough to do it anyway.

Offline silvrav

« Reply #181 on: March 31, 2016, 11:58:48 pm »
Remember we lived in Holland for 5 years. At first we missed some stuff. But later we just used  what was locally available..
Now I dont even touch Mrs Balls now.  :imaposer:

Phyllistyn!!!  :dousing: :xxbah: :imaposer:

Whats the law of importing it zog? We could always send you a care package...

Offline BlueBull2007

• Caribbean
  • Global Moderator
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: AJS (all models)
« Reply #182 on: April 01, 2016, 01:18:56 am »
I have been living and working as an expat for almost 12yrs now. You get used to missing some things, even Mrs Balls eventually. But there are some things like a lekker stuk plaas boerewors....I would pay $50 for one right now. That and Karoo lamb jchops. I miss them so so much.

the price aint that bad after all.

:laughing4: Youre beginning to sound like on of them already!

So, what does the wifey say? Is she happy to be back? Does she miss South Africa at all? Anything maybe irritate her that she forgot about or has changed since she left?
Rally nut. What could possibly go wrong?
Living the Rally Dream - Ride Report
Current bike: KTM 350 EXC   Previous bikes:  2010 WR450F, 2006 KTM450EXC,KTM 450RR, BMW800GS, KTM450EXC, BMW650 GS, BMW650 Dakar, and Honda XR250

Offline HarryDieStrandloper

• Bike: Kawasaki Versys
  • If Ya Can't Eat or Humpit...Piss Onit & Walk away
Re: Re: Re: Life in America - I made the move.
« Reply #183 on: April 01, 2016, 09:25:05 am »
I would miss mayonaise and I did when I lived there. They do not have lekke mayonaise like we do.

I have been living and working as an expat for almost 12yrs now. You get used to missing some things, even Mrs Balls eventually. But there are some things like a lekker stuk plaas boerewors....I would pay $50 for one right now. That and Karoo lamb jchops. I miss them so so much.

So, what does the wifey say? Is she happy to be back? Does she miss South Africa at all? Anything maybe irritate her that she forgot about or has changed since she left?
Mayo here in West Africa is made with fish oil. So we make our own.  Takes you 15 minutes including cleaning up afterwards to make 2 big Mayo bottles full.  It tastes like the best Mayo you can buy in SA.  Ask and I can post the recipe.

Wors, here they use parafin to wash their equipment with and that taste is awful.  So, we make our own. Biltong, make our own.  Spices for wors and biltong is easy to mix yourself.  Talk to you local meat supply store and ask for skins.  Synthetic skins for droŽe wors.
"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention
of arriving in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in the broadside, in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, shouting "Wow! What a ride!"
", Hunter S Thompson

Offline punisher

• DILLIGAF
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
« Reply #184 on: April 01, 2016, 10:09:56 am »
I would miss mayonaise and I did when I lived there. They do not have lekke mayonaise like we do.

Mayo here in West Africa is made with fish oil. So we make our own.  Takes you 15 minutes including cleaning up afterwards to make 2 big Mayo bottles full.  It tastes like the best Mayo you can buy in SA.  Ask and I can post the recipe.

Wors, here they use parafin to wash their equipment with and that taste is awful.  So, we make our own. Biltong, make our own.  Spices for wors and biltong is easy to mix yourself.  Talk to you local meat supply store and ask for skins.  Synthetic skins for droŽe wors.

post yer recipe for mayo pleeeez
just wanna have fun , and ride ... and ....... ride

Offline Casting from Turd

• Read my avatar and act accordingly
  • Forum Whore
  • #DTCBM
    • addobackpackers.com
« Reply #185 on: April 01, 2016, 10:16:53 am »

4 eggs
viniger
salt to taste
Basil, parsley or any other herbs you like.
Mustard
sugar to taste
sunflower oil.

Break the eggs into a blender.
add salt, sugar, mustard, viniger and herbs
Blend well..

Then while the blender is running on a high speed slowly add the oil until you get the thickness and consistency you want.

Easy
I dont want to ride fast, But I want to ride FAR
Past Bikes...Honda XR250 Tornado
Honda XR650L
Honda XL1000V Varadero
http://www.addobackpackers.com

Offline corne.l

• Bike: NER-A-CAR
  • Say what?
« Reply #186 on: April 01, 2016, 10:48:34 am »
:happy1:
« Last Edit: April 01, 2016, 10:49:23 am by corne.l »
in vino veritas, in cervesio felicitas

Yamaha XT1200Z (2010) - SOLD
Yamaha XT660Z (2009) - SOLD
BMW F650GS Dakar (2004) - SOLD

Offline ClimbingTurtle

• Forum Vendor
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: BMW (all models)
  • Give It Horns - Save Our Rhino's
    • Majita Tool Supplies
« Reply #187 on: April 01, 2016, 10:59:02 am »

4 eggs
viniger
salt to taste
Mustard
sugar to taste
sunflower oil.

Blend well..

Then while the blender is running on a high speed slowly add the oil until you get the thickness and consistency you want.

Easy

You use the whole egg, or just the yolk?

I have only ever made it using just the yolk.

No preservatives in it (well, technically vinegar preserves), so it won't last for months in the fridge - but a smaller batch once a week.....  :thumleft:
www.majita.co.za - we sell tools!

"And if I knew I was going to be this thirsty, I would have drunk more last night"

2010 R1200GS Adventure SOLD - 2007 BMW G650x  - 2001 F650GS Dak SOLD - 1981 XT500 - 1980 XT500 - Gone to Mud Island for a better life with Roadcat the Lordly, Keeper of the Mead...!

• Forum Whore
  • #DTCBM
    • addobackpackers.com
« Reply #188 on: April 01, 2016, 11:06:59 am »

4 eggs
viniger
salt to taste
Mustard
sugar to taste
sunflower oil.

Blend well..

Easy

You use the whole egg, or just the yolk?

I have only ever made it using just the yolk.

No preservatives in it (well, technically vinegar preserves), so it won't last for months in the fridge - but a smaller batch once a week.....  :thumleft:
I use the whole egg most if the time. Makes it like the Dulce mayo. Also use the yolk for a more creamy mayo
Honda XR650L
Honda XL1000V Varadero

Offline zetman

• Grondpad Alie pad
  • Bike: Yamaha XT660
  • Plak n Palm...
« Reply #189 on: April 01, 2016, 11:49:31 am »
 :imaposer: Hey fokkof hier van Zoggie se AMERIKAANSE Fred af met julle Mayo reseppies  :spitcoffee:
Hou die Tyres op die Grondpad...

• Forum Whore
  • #DTCBM
    • addobackpackers.com
« Reply #190 on: April 01, 2016, 11:54:08 am »
:imaposer: Hey fokkof hier van Zoggie se AMERIKAANSE Fred af met julle Mayo reseppies  :spitcoffee:

Tsek jy cheetah vark
Honda XR650L
Honda XL1000V Varadero

Offline Hentie @ Riders

• Bike: AJS (all models)
« Reply #191 on: April 01, 2016, 12:11:44 pm »

Tsek jy cheetah vark
Stem saam Zetman  :peepwall: julle ou mense f@k sy thred op  :lol8:

Offline Mr Zog

• Well fuck me, I'm a
  • Forum Whore
« Reply #192 on: April 01, 2016, 12:15:51 pm »

Tsek jy cheetah vark

Ag toemaar Hentie. Nou het ek sommer n mayonnaise resep ook.  :pot:

En daai drol gebruik nie net die hele eier nie. Hy gebruik sommer die hele hoender ook  :peepwall: :imaposer:
Young enough to know I can, old enough to know I shouldn't, stupid enough to do it anyway.

• Forum Whore
  • #DTCBM
    • addobackpackers.com
« Reply #193 on: April 01, 2016, 12:17:15 pm »

Tsek jy cheetah vark

Ag toemaar Hentie. Nou het ek sommer n mayonnaise resep ook.  :pot:

En daai drol gebruik nie net die hele eier nie. Hy gebruik sommer die hele hoender ook  :peepwall: :imaposer:

Now thats just kinky  :imaposer:
Honda XR650L
Honda XL1000V Varadero

Offline Mr Zog

• Well fuck me, I'm a
  • Forum Whore
« Reply #194 on: April 01, 2016, 12:21:38 pm »
Perverted  :imaposer: :eek7:

Offline zetman

• Grondpad Alie pad
  • Bike: Yamaha XT660
  • Plak n Palm...
« Reply #195 on: April 01, 2016, 12:45:13 pm »
ďJust erotic. Nothing kinky. Itís the difference between using a feather or using a chicken.Ē
Hou die Tyres op die Grondpad...

Offline silvrav

« Reply #196 on: April 01, 2016, 12:54:10 pm »
ďJust erotic. Nothing kinky. Itís the difference between using a feather or using a chicken.Ē

Its the difference between south aftica and America  :peepwall:

Offline HarryDieStrandloper

• Bike: Kawasaki Versys
  • If Ya Can't Eat or Humpit...Piss Onit & Walk away
Re: Re: Life in America - I made the move.
« Reply #197 on: April 01, 2016, 02:36:33 pm »
Sorry Zog but this is for you to use.

Home made mayo with correct volumes.  It never flop.

4 egg yolks
Half cup white vinegar 5% (8% use less)
2 tablespoon Dijon (non burn/hot) mustard
1 teaspoon salt (less or to taste - Kosher salt is good but Fine sea salt is better)
3 cups neutrally flavored oil (I use sunflower oil - other veg, canola or peanut oil recommended by recipe)

Place all except oil in food processor (I add 3 tablespoons of oil in the mix before the start)
Start the processor and add the oil very slowly in a very thin continuous stream until all oil is added.  After about the firs cup of oil added you will see the white mayo forming and it will start to thicken.

If the mix is too stiff add 1 or 2 teaspoons of CLEAN water while the machine is running.
If the mix is too thin add 2 to 4 Tablespoons of oil while the machine is running.  The oil will thicken it up more.  The time the machime run after the addition does not have an effect on the thickness.

I have an attachment for my machine specific for mayo but friends of ours made mayo with normal food blender.
"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention
of arriving in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in the broadside, in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, shouting "Wow! What a ride!"
", Hunter S Thompson

Offline fixit

« Reply #198 on: April 01, 2016, 02:56:15 pm »
How long does it last....as in time in the fridge, not eating.  :biggrin:
Happiness is not getting what you want, but appreciating  what you already have.

Offline caconcepts

• Canvas & Aluminium Concepts
« Reply #199 on: April 01, 2016, 03:14:36 pm »
Vir varksteaks boyz......this is not a cooking thread......BTW.......Mr. Zog, I do have a very good bobotie recipe for ze mrs. balls............ :drif: :drif: :snorting:
DT50, XL500, F650GS Dakar, Honda NC700, F650CS, R1200GS, R1200GSA, K1200LT, G450X, G650XChallenge, WR450F, GS 1200 Rallye