Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Life in America - I made the move.  (Read 1258817 times)

Offline HarryDieStrandloper

• Bike: Kawasaki Versys
  • If Ya Can't Eat or Humpit...Piss Onit & Walk away
Re: Re: Re: Life in America - I made the move.
« Reply #200 on: April 01, 2016, 03:40:16 pm »
How long does it last....as in time in the fridge, not eating.  :biggrin:
4 weeks easy, but usually klaar before the end of 3 weeks, cause it is lekker, almost want to use it over ice cream.  Make sure the glass jar in which you store it is clean (I ise boiling hot water) then no reason for it to go bad. KEEP REFRIGERATED.
"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention
of arriving in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in the broadside, in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, shouting "Wow! What a ride!"
", Hunter S Thompson

Offline TrailBlazer

• www.a-cut-above.co.za (Laser cutting & Engraving Services)
  • Bike: Honda XL650V Transalp
    • A-Cut-Above
Re: Life in America - I made the move.
« Reply #201 on: April 01, 2016, 03:44:24 pm »
Vir varksteaks boyz......this is not a cooking thread......BTW.......Mr. Zog, I do have a very good bobotie recipe for ze mrs. balls............ :drif: :drif: :snorting:

Now why do we have to wait for it...??  :pot:
There are old riders, and bold riders, but no old, bold riders.

Do not ride faster than your guardian angel can fly!

Take only pictures. leave only footprints

Offline bronzy

• Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
  • the older i get the faster i was !!!
« Reply #202 on: April 01, 2016, 04:20:14 pm »
No quarantine for the dogs Zog?

No Chris.

The USA is pretty relaxed about dogs from SA. As long as their rabies shots are up to date, all good.

I went to the County Sherriff's department of Animal Control yesterday with all their documents and got them each their Dog Licenses. $10 each, valid for a year.  :thumleft:

SO now they will get to wear a green Sherriff's Star on their collars, with a serial number  :biggrin:  8)
well you have just gained a bigger respect from me for taking your dogs with you, instead of just dropping them off at a shelter !! 

Offline Mr Zog

• Well fuck me, I'm a
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: Honda XL500S
  • Without the gutter my mind would be homeless...
« Reply #203 on: April 02, 2016, 01:35:28 am »
Today...

There is only one dog-friendly beach in the whole of the Brevard County where we live. Residents fought long and hard to get it, so strict rules are enforced. Like dogs must be on a leash, and you have to pick up after them. No problem.

Right...

They haven't met our two... well, actually, just our Sammy (the brown-job).  :xxbah:

I went first and dropped off my resume (American for CV) at two different places this morning. I prefer to drop off in person, just so that they can SEE who the dude is applying for the job. First impressions, and all that...

So then we load up the dogglies (feel like calling HIM something much less flattering right now), and off we go. Its not a short drive either. Around 20 - 25 MILES. Yip, the lengths we go to for our animals... We get there, eventually. Park the car. Get the dogs out, on their leashes. Walk over to the hotdog stand (just like the ones on TV  ;D ) and order a couple of dogs. We sit and eat at a wooden bench, sharing our treat with the children. Then its off to the BEACH!!!!

From the parking area its a short walk over a boardwalk to the sea. Then kick off the flip-flops (nobody steals your flip-flops here) and leave them at the end of the boardwalk. Head out onto the sand with the kids. Lots of other dogglies enjoying the beautiful hot sunshine with their owners. All nicely on their leashes.

I have the big boy brown-job. He's a bit more of a handful when her gets excited. Liefie has Maggie, the little Jack Russel. We walk into the ocean, just ankle deep, the waves are small, just tiny little shore-breaks. Perfect for the first ever experience of the ocean for our two. Maggie is brilliant, her stubbly little legs propelling her ever deeper, she's jumping into the waves, getting soaked, swimming, having an absolute BALL!

Sam, on the other hand, is a little more wary. He holds back, because this may be a bath, in disguise... eish!  Then he sees Maggie in over her head! He takes another two steps in, with me coaxing him eagerly. A wave comes over, just an inch higher than the last one. Sam freaks out. The water has reached his knees!!!! AAARRRGGHHH!!!!!!

He twists his head, and somehow he is out of his choke-chain...

FREEDOM!!!!!!!!!!!

Little fucker heads back up the beach at high speed, past all the other bathers and their dogs. Mummies see this fucking great KILLER DOG approaching at breakneck speed and scoop up their precious little chihuahua's and other assorted skoot-kakkertjies. Children are grabbed and held high. General pandemonium breaks out, with me in high persuit shouting all the time for my fucking-expensive jet-setting brak to stop, and return. Nah. Fuckall. He's outta here. Gone...

He makes a left at the boardwalk, he needs to get as far away from this water that hit him in the knee as possible. He cruises across the car park and is heading for the A1A, the MAIN DRAG along the beach. Its moerofa busy with cars doing 45 Miles per hour... Shit. I can't run any faster, and he's opening the gap on me.

Just at the end of the parking lot, as the escapee gets there, a cop car pulls in.  :eek7: Florida Sherrif's Department. Fuck. Fuck.

The cop sees this brown job heading his way, and he hits his horn/siren/loud thing. Sam almost shits himself in mid-stride. Instant about-turn, and he's running from the law. Back towards daddy. Daddy stops running, stands and shows Sam the signal for "hier". Sam comes back to dad, dad puts the chain back on Sam's neck. Sorted.

Except for the cop...  FUCK.

Dude gets out, puts on that fancy hat (you know, the one like in Smokey and the Bandit) and dude walks on over with all his shiny badges and a BIG gun. Stops where daddy is trying, most unsuccessfully, to just breathe after his sprint along the beach, over the boardwalk, through the car-park, and almost to the main road.

"You got him secured now, Sir" Mr Policeman asks me.

"Yes Sir, thank you"  I stammer, waiting for the uitkak and citation, and maybe even an arrest and night in the tjoekie. I mean, there are severely traumatised chihuahua's and other assorted stoepkakkertjies back there on the beach. Someone HAS to pay!

"Good. He's a beautiful dog." is all he replies before he walks off to go and harass some deadbeats at the end of the parking lot. Just some surfer dude's parking off, probably smokinbg some doobie on the quiet...

Whew...

Liefie joins me, Maggie in tow. We decide that its enough. Back to the car, we'll not take Doofus Sam out again without a full-body-harness to make sure he stays safely attached to Daddy.

On the way home both dogs are fast asleep on the back seat... worn out!  ::)

Daddy is now recovering from his impromptu exercise session with a couple of vodka's.  :lol8:
Young enough to know I can, old enough to know I shouldn't, stupid enough to do it anyway.

Offline Patrol

• Bike: Suzuki DL 650 V-Strom
« Reply #204 on: April 02, 2016, 01:41:43 am »
 :) :)

Offline BlueBull2007

• Caribbean
  • Global Moderator
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: AJS (all models)
« Reply #205 on: April 02, 2016, 02:48:13 am »
:imaposer: What a story - Another classic!

But now I'm curious, what do you think would have happened had the cop not arrived? Do you think Big brown job got freaked out by the sea or did he decide maybe this America thing was kak and he was not going to run all the way back to Pretoria?

BTW how are you finding adjusting to posting on WD's at 2 in the morning? ;D

Rally nut. What could possibly go wrong?
Living the Rally Dream - Ride Report
Current bike: KTM 350 EXC   Previous bikes:  2010 WR450F, 2006 KTM450EXC,KTM 450RR, BMW800GS, KTM450EXC, BMW650 GS, BMW650 Dakar, and Honda XR250

Offline Mr Zog

• Well fuck me, I'm a
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: Honda XL500S
  • Without the gutter my mind would be homeless...
« Reply #206 on: April 02, 2016, 03:14:07 am »
I shudder to think what may have happened had the cop not scared brown fucktard back towards me  :eek7:

The A1A was hellofa busy with Friday arvie traffic at 45MPH.

I think brown-job just git a skrik for the water and baled. He does that sometimes... one day he got all upset with a milk-carton. another day it was a ladies handbag... one evening he decided that the ceiling fan in the lounge was evil... the list continues... Sammy isn't too bright. But he's sexy and handsome and sweet. So we forgive him  :3some:  ;D

And if I get my calculations correct, its now after 3am. For the guys in SA.  ::)

Its a lot quieter. Less ou's chirping. Sometimes I miss the chirps, but I also think that as time progresses I may get time for a quick visit in the mornings (my time) and chirp some of the "old faithfuls" again  :pot: :ricky:
Young enough to know I can, old enough to know I shouldn't, stupid enough to do it anyway.

Offline boere

• Bike: Honda XL1000V Varadero
« Reply #207 on: April 02, 2016, 03:18:00 am »
My nou in my moer gelag :imaposer: :imaposer:

Offline Ganjora

• Drug War Veteran
« Reply #208 on: April 02, 2016, 03:51:58 am »
Loving this thread...

Offline luv2ride

• Strand brak
  • Bike: BMW F800GS
  • Strand brak
« Reply #209 on: April 02, 2016, 03:54:02 am »
Give it some time Gary, Mr Brown will get use to the sea and will then have an absolute ball. I speak of experience.  

We have a Labbie that absolutely hated water, this dog would run away from his own water bowl in Pretoria.
When we moved we took him to the beach and he also kakked himself. Slowly but surely he eased up and now is like a fish in the water. Die huisdiertjie and I walk on the beach and Troy swims and swims.

We take him out there every day. It does help that my house is a mere 400 meters from the beach.

BMW S1000XR and BMW R1200R
BMW F800GS - sold, Honda NC700X -Sold; BMW1150GSA -sold
BMW F650 twin - sold
BMW F800ST - in bike heaven Kawasaki KLR 650 - sold Kawasaki ER6F -sold Yamaha FZ6 - sold BMW 1200GS - sold BMW 650 Dakar - sold Yamaha XJ750 - stolen Honda MT5 - given away as scrap

Offline Casting from Turd

• Read my avatar and act accordingly
  • Forum Whore
  • #DTCBM
    • addobackpackers.com
« Reply #210 on: April 02, 2016, 06:41:14 am »
Jis jis ou.
Maybe even you should batj your fucktard more often. Bwahahahaha.
Mooi story waxpiel

Orange Elephant Backpackers, Addo
I dont want to ride fast, But I want to ride FAR
Past Bikes...Honda XR250 Tornado
Honda XR650L
Honda XL1000V Varadero
http://www.addobackpackers.com

Offline oldmannorman

• suzuki TS250 ER
« Reply #211 on: April 02, 2016, 07:09:36 am »
 :deal:   :laughing4:

Offline safetysteve

« Reply #212 on: April 02, 2016, 07:26:58 am »
Thanks for this thread Mr Zog .

My wife and I were laughing so hard this morning. What a way to wake up. Wifey was crying from laughing so much.

Keep it coming bud :spitcoffee:
Current Lover: BMW GSA 1200 LC
Previous Lovers : BMW GS 1200 ADV, Kawasaki KLR 650, Kawasaki KLE 500, Bashan Explode 250, Honda XL185, Suzuki GSX 400, Honda MBX 50

Offline peter stuyvesant

« Reply #213 on: April 02, 2016, 08:06:20 am »
Best thread on the forum at the moment! Buy this man a Bell's (or a shot of Jack)

Offline Oubones

• Bike: BMW F650GS / Dakar
« Reply #214 on: April 02, 2016, 08:14:11 am »
No man, he has turned russian! :pot:drinks vodka :ricky:
Dakar 650
SR 500

Offline Ama ride ride

• Gravel unlimited
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: Zero (all models)
  • Ride to ride again
« Reply #215 on: April 02, 2016, 09:03:49 am »
Just finished the whole thread

:imaposer: :imaposer:

Keep it up pls.
Gewoontlik n@@i ek reguit aan op fyndraai.

Offline 1ougat

• The Commodore !!!
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS HP2
  • The Commodore
« Reply #216 on: April 02, 2016, 09:41:53 am »
So sien jy uit na huricane season ? :biggrin:
Make mine a Boxer with a shaft!!!!
2006 R1200 HP2 !!!! - La Poderosa - "The Mighty One"
1965 R50/2
1996 R80 GS PD Classic
2010 1200 GS 1975 Suzuki AC50

Offline silvrav

« Reply #217 on: April 02, 2016, 10:27:02 am »
So sien jy uit na huricane season ? :biggrin:

He is a south African... Weather doesnt scare him  :ricky:

Offline 1ougat

• The Commodore !!!
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS HP2
  • The Commodore
« Reply #218 on: April 02, 2016, 10:35:20 am »
Well .... this is the only thing that scare me in Umerika   :biggrin:

(Not the bears and rattlesnakes or their rugby team .....we have lions, mambas and the Springboks  :imaposer: :imaposer:)
Make mine a Boxer with a shaft!!!!
2006 R1200 HP2 !!!! - La Poderosa - "The Mighty One"
1965 R50/2
1996 R80 GS PD Classic
2010 1200 GS 1975 Suzuki AC50

Offline silvrav

« Reply #219 on: April 02, 2016, 10:45:21 am »
Well .... this is the only thing that scare me in Umerika   :biggrin:

(Not the bears and rattlesnakes or their rugby team .....we have lions, mambas and the Springboks  :imaposer: :imaposer:)

Even worse..... We have zuma and cANCer  :imaposer: