Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Life in America - I made the move.  (Read 784336 times)

Offline Mrs. Zog

Re: Life in America - I made the move.
« Reply #6600 on: December 13, 2018, 09:23:24 pm »
What an inspirational thread, I stumbled upon it a week or so ago when looking for a new bike, and have been hooked. Have spent lots of hours catching up over the past week.

Mr & Mrs Zog, you guys are an inspiration to all with your hard work and great ethic, it made me realise we are spoilt.

I sure enjoy doing DIY stuff, so learning lots from this thread, keep it up!

Enjoy the time with little Zog!

Welcome to the madness, Buzz!

Offline silvrav

• Bike: AJS (all models)
« Reply #6601 on: December 13, 2018, 09:40:29 pm »
What an inspirational thread, I stumbled upon it a week or so ago when looking for a new bike, and have been hooked. Have spent lots of hours catching up over the past week.

Mr & Mrs Zog, you guys are an inspiration to all with your hard work and great ethic, it made me realise we are spoilt.

I sure enjoy doing DIY stuff, so learning lots from this thread, keep it up!

Enjoy the time with little Zog!
Madness? what madness....you mean life challenges  :pot:
Welcome to the madness, Buzz!

Offline Mrs. Zog

« Reply #6602 on: December 14, 2018, 02:39:14 am »
When a normally fussy, picky 11-year-old tells you that you cook "the best food in eternity"... you know you've nailed it!  :imaposer:

Offline mike gs

« Reply #6603 on: December 14, 2018, 05:08:20 am »
Yep Mrs Z. Now that's progress for you. I bet that gave you a nice warm and fuzzy feeling

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Love life!

Offline Oubones

• Bike: BMW F650GS / Dakar
« Reply #6604 on: December 14, 2018, 05:25:48 am »
Ah but we know you are special!
Did not know you could cook too. :imaposer: :thumleft: :peepwall:
Dakar 650
KLR650

Offline Mr Zog

• Well fuck me, I'm a
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: Honda XL500S
  • Without the gutter my mind would be homeless...
« Reply #6605 on: December 14, 2018, 05:29:05 am »
This installation job is big.

And it's taking a lot longer than anticipated. Today I was onsite again and worked a solid 10 hours on the job. Several unforeseen snags that cropped up. Tomorrow I return to commission the system, I hope to be done by lunch time. I'll also try and remember to get a couple of pics for y'all.

This weekend I need to get all the fishing tackle sorted and ready for the trip to the Keys. We leave Thursday morning, and I still haven't gotten anything ready...  :sip:

On a lighter note. Earlier I was sitting chatting to Junior Zog about his day when a name on the TV caught my eye. So I snapped a pic. I have no idea what it was all about, the sound was off, but that woman would have a moerofa time if she lived in the WesKaap  :pot: :imaposer: :imaposer: :imaposer: :imaposer:
I wonder if her siblings were called Summer, Spring and Fall? A pomp for each season of the year  :peepwall:  :imaposer:
Young enough to know I can, old enough to know I shouldn't, stupid enough to do it anyway.

Offline TeeJay

« Reply #6606 on: December 14, 2018, 05:44:51 am »
 :imaposer:
Eat life!

Offline Bikerboer1973

• Groot Suzuki aanhanger maar eindig altyd op met 'n Honda!
  • Darem al weer 'n Honda XL185 plaas fiets.
« Reply #6607 on: December 14, 2018, 09:57:20 am »
 :spitcoffee: :lol8: :laughing4:
Tans.
Honda Xl185 plaas fiets
Vrou se NC700.

Offline buzzlightyear

• I'm Buzz Lightyear. I come in peace.
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: Honda CRF-1000L Africa Twin
  • To infinity and beyond
« Reply #6608 on: December 14, 2018, 08:41:07 pm »
Parramore  :imaposer:
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." (Edmund Burke)

Offline Mrs. Zog

« Reply #6609 on: December 15, 2018, 12:40:14 am »
Did not know you could cook too.

Oh, I love to cook. Ask Mr. Zog. My Chocolate Marquise with Mascarpone Cream is famous on three continents (and especially in Lesotho).

I once fed an entire crew of diamond mine contractors my marquise. I was legend after that.  :thumleft: And no, I'm not going to be modest about it. It was a culinary triumph.  :biggrin:

The following users thanked this post: Sardine

Offline Fudmucker

• Forum Whore
  • Bike: BMW R80GS
  • Aka "Wrinkled Rocker" in a past life
« Reply #6610 on: December 15, 2018, 07:20:19 am »
Something like this...?

https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/4806/chocolate-marquise

A good choice at a diamond mine as a "marguise" is a pointed oval type of diamond cut.

https://www.dictionary.com/browse/marquise
LIFE'S MUCH COOLER WITHOUT UNDERWEAR,
Life-long supporter of the "Free the Nipple" movement
AIRHEADS ARE AN ADMIRABLE ADDICTION !
Life is far too short to be taken too seriously.
I'm far too short to be taken too seriously.

Offline Mrs. Zog

« Reply #6611 on: December 15, 2018, 08:35:00 pm »
This one: https://tenplay.com.au/channel-ten/masterchef/recipes/chocolate-marquise-with-mascarpone-cream-and-pedro-jimenez-poached-plums

And I didn't know that about diamonds, thanks, how cool! Wish I had known that at the time!  :thumleft:

Offline grizz

• Bike: BMW R1200GS
  • ROCHERSTER, KENT
« Reply #6612 on: December 16, 2018, 07:12:24 am »
Prezzie from Florida.

Mr Zog changed his flag for a new one, I needed a worn one as part of my new travel room theme.

This will be perfect as part of my display wall.

Once it and the rest of the stuff comes together, I will show it all.

NEVER EVER UNDERESTIMATE THE STUPIDITY OF OTHERS....

I LIVE IN ROCHESTER, KENT, UK.

Offline jaybiker

• Old school=Old's cool.
  • Bike: BMW R1150GS
« Reply #6613 on: December 16, 2018, 10:18:03 am »
Reminder of the Johnny Cash album, "Tattered Old Flag."

Offline Mr Zog

• Well fuck me, I'm a
  • Forum Whore
« Reply #6614 on: December 17, 2018, 03:25:46 am »
Parramore  :imaposer:

I missed that one  :peepwall:

Looks like she definitely has more "parra"  :pot:  :imaposer: :imaposer: :imaposer: :imaposer: :imaposer:
Young enough to know I can, old enough to know I shouldn't, stupid enough to do it anyway.

Offline Mr Zog

• Well fuck me, I'm a
  • Forum Whore
« Reply #6615 on: December 17, 2018, 03:27:41 am »
Prezzie from Florida.

Mr Zog changed his flag for a new one, I needed a worn one as part of my new travel room theme.

This will be perfect as part of my display wall.

Once it and the rest of the stuff comes together, I will show it all.

Just as soon as Grizz sends me his address again I'll have the old flag flying to the UK for it's final resting place. Kom boet... WhatsApp vir my jou posadres.  :biggrin:

Offline Mr Zog

• Well fuck me, I'm a
  • Forum Whore
« Reply #6616 on: December 17, 2018, 04:06:12 am »
It's been another full weekend.

Saturday morning Tom and I went off to get Mrs. Zog's Christmas prezzie. We also grabbed a couple of fishing supplies while we were out. Then back home where we wrapped up her prezzie, then we got to work.

I made a shelf for the microwave that I had bought in the workshop, as well as a shelf for the lure making supplies. Keep everything in one place so I don't lose anything. Then I did a bit of rearranging in the workshop to give myself a bit more space at the workbench. We cleaned up a plastic shelf that I had found along the street earlier in the week, and stuck it into the fishing shed. Now I have lots of packing space for all the fishing gear.

Then Tom and I went off to the Indian River Lagoon for a quick fish before the company Christmas  party. We used the little "Sabiki"  rigs off the dock, and we got 5 small fish, all different species. Then back home for a quick shower, then off to the Christmas party. It was at a "Hibatchi" type Japanese restaurant, and the sushi and hibatchi were divine!  :drif:  We learned last year that it is traditional to give everyone Christmas prezzies, just little ones. I got a small drybag and waterproof cell phone pouch from one colleague, a small Gerber knife and multitool from another, and from the Boss I got a "air mover" (basically just a high-powered fan that will keep me cool on some jobs, and will help to dry out areas that got wet on others) and a $200 Christmas bonus! Lekker man!!!

This morning (Sunday) I was up early again (6am). After my second cup of coffee I actually woke up and got to work again. Tom and I repaired the front eye of one of my rods that had broken, and we sorted through some of the fishing stuff for the trip to the Keys. I also fixed the tumble dryer that was making an awful screetching noise while running. Now It's quiet and smooth again. The belt tensioner had somehow come adrift and was rubbing against the drum. Then we went off to the Home Depot where I wanted to buy a Christmas tree. There is just something about a real pine tree in the house, the smell of the pine just freshens the house. But they are expensive. So I had to wait until after I got paid on Friday. Anyways, we went into the big tent where they keep all the trees. They were almost out of stock! Only a handful of trees left.... So we walked over to the last few (less than ten left) and selected a nice 6 foot specimen. Walked it over to the checkout, and took my wallet out...

Dude at the checkout told me that they were last weeks stock, and were not in the best shape anymore (Looked perfect to me), and were thus FREE  :eek7:   I thanked the dude vigorously, and loaded the tree into the back of the bakkie before he changes his mind  :imaposer:

Because I had saved the money I had budgeted for the tree I decided that I would buy the wood that I needed to build Mrs Zog a kitchen nook table that we need. We have a dining room table, but the house is too small for it, we cannot get into the hutch to get to plates and glassware etc, so that stuff just ends up living on the table. A kitchen nook table will be just what we need, and then the table can find another place. Back home I got to work, and started teaching Tom about woodworking and measuring and stuff. He lasted about an hour before the boredom got the better of him and he went back to driving his awesome RC buggy that the boss had bought for him for Christmas :ricky:  :lol8:

I got the table around 90% finished, I just need to trim one edge piece, and then add the final edge piece, and then sand, stain, and varnish. But I'll have to do that when I get back from the Keys.

Then I set up the Christmas lights, the ones I had saved from last year. Tom helped me with that one, inbetween driving his RC buggy up and down the street  :lol8:
For dinner I spoiled the Zogs and got then Chinese for supper. An oriental cuisine weekend  :imaposer:

Now my bags are packed for the next two days back in Cape Coral. Back again late Tuesday night. Zoglet has a few chores he needs to do for me while I am away. I hope to finish early Wednesday afternoon so I can get the Jon boat prepped for the trip. But if not, I'll just have to leave an hour or so later on Thursday morning. Ce la Vie  :biggrin:   I'll be on vacation for 4 days  :ricky:

The following users thanked this post: Sardine

Offline silvrav

« Reply #6617 on: December 17, 2018, 04:15:57 am »
oh wow! awesome lights mr zog! Enjoy every second with your son!  :thumleft:

Offline TeeJay

« Reply #6618 on: December 17, 2018, 07:00:12 am »
Lekker man - enjoy the break!
Eat life!

Offline Fudmucker

• Forum Whore
  • Bike: BMW R80GS
  • Aka "Wrinkled Rocker" in a past life
« Reply #6619 on: December 17, 2018, 07:46:39 am »
Great gifts, guys.  :thumleft:
I would think the air mover will be a godsend in your work.

I was out early this morning doing a little basic woodwork on a daytime dog shelter.
At 7:30 it was 24C and 26 RH - and I was dripping with sweat.
How you survive in that "worse-than-Durban" humidity and do physical work I do not know...!

Kudos to you, Zog.
Rest up.
Go fishing.
Bond with your boykie.
LIFE'S MUCH COOLER WITHOUT UNDERWEAR,
Life-long supporter of the "Free the Nipple" movement
AIRHEADS ARE AN ADMIRABLE ADDICTION !
Life is far too short to be taken too seriously.
I'm far too short to be taken too seriously.