Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Life in America - I made the move.  (Read 939339 times)

Offline Kortbroek

Re: Life in America - I made the move.
« Reply #6780 on: January 23, 2019, 09:58:17 am »
If you want to continue eating delicious home-cooked meals, I need a working kitchen. If you'd rather go fishing... Burger King is your friend.

Simple.

Sounds to me if you don't fix the kitchen she's going to take you down with her Mr. Zog  :peepwall:    hits enter, ducks and runs   :lamer:
- you reckon that thing will pop a wheelie? We're about to find out, SLAP that pig!

Offline Mrs. Zog

« Reply #6781 on: January 24, 2019, 02:29:43 am »
Hey, if I'm fat, you gotta be fat too.  :imaposer:

Eventually, the entire kitchen needs to be gutted and redone, but we can't afford that for a long while. For the short term, I at least need the basics to work properly, as they should. 

Please consider a donation to the GoFundMe account to help cover Zog Jr.'s air ticket for June 2020 and Mr. Zog's U.S. citizenship application fees: https://www.gofundme.com/us-citizenship-application-amp-air-ticket

Offline Mr Zog

• Well fuck me, I'm a
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: Honda XL500S
  • Without the gutter my mind would be homeless...
« Reply #6782 on: January 24, 2019, 02:49:36 am »
Hey, if I'm fat, you gotta be fat too.  :imaposer:

Eventually, the entire kitchen needs to be gutted and redone, but we can't afford that for a long while. For the short term, I at least need the basics to work properly, as they should.

Yes my Love. Whatever you say my Love. Whatever you want my Love...

(happy wife, happy life  :deal: )

:imaposer: :imaposer: :imaposer:
Young enough to know I can, old enough to know I shouldn't, stupid enough to do it anyway.

Offline Wooly Bugger

• Forum Whore
  • Bike: Buell Ulysses XB12
  • DILLIGAF?
« Reply #6783 on: January 24, 2019, 07:53:03 am »
Klink vir my na gatkruip?

Offline Skaiidawg

« Reply #6784 on: January 24, 2019, 09:18:34 am »

Finally I will purchase a Reverse Osmosis water filter from work (I should get it at cost, and can pay it off) and install that under the sink too. Then we can have perfect drinking water on tap. No more bottled water...
Interesting....I work for a company that design and construct desalination plants using RO. Currently building 3 plants, each capable to do 200 000 m3 per day.

Sent from my SM-J510F using Tapatalk

Courtesy from Grizz: In this day and age religion is often frowned upon, but I have met some of the most amazing people from various religions over time.
From Buddhists to Sikhs, through Muslims and Christians and everything in between, there are many good people out there and if you do not allow yourself to be swayed by petulant religious opinion, the world is an awesome place with the odd idiot in between trying to make it rubbish for others.

Offline mtr89

• Bike: Yamaha XT 660 Z
  • one grateful dude
« Reply #6785 on: January 24, 2019, 05:35:42 pm »
How the heck can that b$%#% call you obese???
If you knocked her teeth out there was a doc right there to sew them back in :laughing4:
Take no note of people like that, they're just full of pooh
Still my favourite thread on Wilddog, thanks for the effort you two
KX125-sold;DT 175-sold;XT660R-sold;VFR 800-sold;SR250-soldt;2006 YZ 250 2t sold;2009 YZ 250 2t sold; 2013 XT 660Z Tenere-current

The following users thanked this post: Mrs. Zog

Offline Mrs. Zog

« Reply #6786 on: January 24, 2019, 06:00:19 pm »
Wild Dogs, some advice please.

This medication I'm taking is making me really nauseous (not throwing up, just a constant queasy feeling  :tongue6:), and it's not nice. I'm drinking ginger tea and peppermint tea by the liter (which is fine, because I'm supposed to increase fluid intake). Any ideas what else could help with that?
Please consider a donation to the GoFundMe account to help cover Zog Jr.'s air ticket for June 2020 and Mr. Zog's U.S. citizenship application fees: https://www.gofundme.com/us-citizenship-application-amp-air-ticket

Offline Mr. Python

• Bike: Yamaha XT 660 Z
  • Carpe Canum
« Reply #6787 on: January 24, 2019, 06:02:46 pm »
An antiemetic maybe  :peepwall:
Life ....  when I was younger I had all these cool brave quotes and tag lines .... then life happened  ... and I have no socialialy acceptable  words 😶

Offline Mrs. Zog

« Reply #6788 on: January 24, 2019, 06:12:59 pm »
 :thumleft: I thought of that, but they usually make me very sleepy, and I need to work  :-\

Offline Pumbaa

• Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
    • Africa Cycle Tours
« Reply #6789 on: January 24, 2019, 06:49:25 pm »

This medication I'm taking is making me really nauseous (not throwing up, just a constant queasy feeling  :tongue6:), and it's not nice. I'm drinking ginger tea and peppermint tea by the liter (which is fine, because I'm supposed to increase fluid intake). Any ideas what else could help with that?
Ginger tea won't give you enough to work against the nausea. Get ginger tablets as well I think or just raw ginger

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Africa Cycle Tours - Offering supported bicycle tours

Offline Tom van Brits

« Reply #6790 on: January 24, 2019, 07:23:51 pm »
While running a trail on motion sickness remedies we found that almost 50persent of the people that partake felt nauseous while using any form of ginger. Change is good that the ginger activates your nausea and I would recommend to ask at the pharmacy an antisemitic which does not contain antihistamines eg stay away from Cyclizine 50mg which is brilliant for motion sickness and other forms of nausea but makes you sleep.

You may need a receptor blocker or even a corticosteriod like dexamethazine and I have also used Zofran in some cases. Depending on what is available and what axactly the problem is, I would recommend to speak to your pharmacist A.

But again contrary to what many say, ginger is most probably making it worse now.

Sterkte mevrou Zog

Offline silvrav

« Reply #6791 on: January 24, 2019, 08:11:28 pm »

Ginger tea won't give you enough to work against the nausea. Get ginger tablets as well I think or just raw ginger

Or good old ginger beer  :thumleft: the strong type, not your stoney brands

Offline Fudmucker

• Forum Whore
  • Bike: BMW R80GS
  • Aka "Wrinkled Rocker" in a past life
« Reply #6792 on: January 24, 2019, 08:22:22 pm »
Ms Z try plain hot water with a slice of lemon.
Chamomile tea also.
AIRHEADS ARE AN ADMIRABLE ADDICTION !
Life is far too short to be taken too seriously.
I am far too short to be taken too seriously.

Offline Pumbaa

• Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
    • Africa Cycle Tours
« Reply #6793 on: January 24, 2019, 09:03:26 pm »
While running a trail on motion sickness remedies we found that almost 50persent of the people that partake felt nauseous while using any form of ginger. Change is good that the ginger activates your nausea and I would recommend to ask at the pharmacy an antisemitic which does not contain antihistamines eg stay away from Cyclizine 50mg which is brilliant for motion sickness and other forms of nausea but makes you sleep.

You may need a receptor blocker or even a corticosteriod like dexamethazine and I have also used Zofran in some cases. Depending on what is available and what axactly the problem is, I would recommend to speak to your pharmacist A.

But again contrary to what many say, ginger is most probably making it worse now.

Sterkte mevrou Zog
I saw a BBC program last week where they were using different things for motion sickness on identical twins. This was only a very small study/experiment. The feeling of nausea from motion sickness reduced by 63% if I remember correctly. They were using a machine they use to train pilots with apparently.

Africa Cycle Tours - Offering supported bicycle tours

Offline Mrs. Zog

« Reply #6794 on: January 25, 2019, 02:50:28 am »
Thank you everyone - I will try all the different options and see what works best!  :thumleft:

Offline Mr Zog

• Well fuck me, I'm a
  • Forum Whore
« Reply #6795 on: January 25, 2019, 03:25:59 am »

Finally I will purchase a Reverse Osmosis water filter from work (I should get it at cost, and can pay it off) and install that under the sink too. Then we can have perfect drinking water on tap. No more bottled water...
Interesting....I work for a company that design and construct desalination plants using RO. Currently building 3 plants, each capable to do 200 000 m3 per day.

Sent from my SM-J510F using Tapatalk

200 000 m3 PER DAY  :eek7:

That is a LOT of water, must be MASSIVE plants. But I'm guessing the UAE guys can afford it  :deal:

I got my RO from the boss today. It can produce 200 litres a day, which is a lot for a residential grade unit.  :thumleft:
Young enough to know I can, old enough to know I shouldn't, stupid enough to do it anyway.

Offline Mr Zog

• Well fuck me, I'm a
  • Forum Whore
« Reply #6796 on: January 25, 2019, 03:32:03 am »
So today I had to go back to Cape Coral.

The big job that I did there in December needed a small change. So 4.5 hours driving there, 2.5 hours of work, and another 4.5 hours driving back. That was my day.

Driving there I drove through some really massive storms, lightning, wind over 50 MPH, and even tornadoes in areas.

And on the way back I drove past this crash that had happened a short while earlier. There was a cop car and a tow-truck on scene, so I didn't stop.

But I was guessing that the fire department was on their way …    :peepwall:

Offline Sláinte Mhaith

« Reply #6797 on: January 25, 2019, 07:55:04 am »
And on the way back I drove past this crash that had happened a short while earlier. There was a cop car and a tow-truck on scene, so I didn't stop.

What is your legal liability and responsibility when you stop at an accident with injured people?

You have paramedic background but not registered in US.
Media portray Americans to sue easy.
You can't just leave someone to die and do nothing?

Offline Ganjora

« Reply #6798 on: January 25, 2019, 08:16:35 am »

fuckit.
in movies where american cars explode after a bumper bashing,  i always thought it was a bit of a farce.
now i see it's true what they say about american petrol...

Offline tulips

• Bike: Peugeot (all models)
« Reply #6799 on: January 25, 2019, 08:49:01 am »

Some not so seaworthy people chew on a carrot when feeling nauseous - very simple maybe it works for you
Otherwise great thread - enlightening perspective as to the good things we still have here and where we fail  :thumleft:
« Last Edit: January 25, 2019, 08:54:34 am by tulips »
Very funny Mr Geller can i please get my bike back